HHN XX Alcohol Selection.

King_K.

Do any of you know what brands of beer they usually have at the bar stands?

They vary. Some have Bud products, others have Miller Lite and Coors Lite, others still have Fruity Drinks (Like Smirnoff Ice) and last year the one stand in the line behind MIB actually had Fosters Oil Cans! I think that Miller Lime Crap was at quite a few booths last year too. Henekin pounders (not the mini-kegs) were around somewhere too. Each booth doesn't have the same old beer, so look around. It seemed like the queue bars had a wider selection and the "official booths" in the streets and stuff had a more generic BUD or MILLER choice.

Also, I think they change it up from night to night....not sure what the basis is but the first night we went last year there was Miller Lite all over the place (my personal choice) and then the next night, it was nearly impossible to find it! So it's really hit or miss I think.

This is my own personal experience...I have no idea how they organize the stuff so your results may vary :P

Hitting up Cigarz to pre game is a must! They have a great selection of Beer and Liquor. They have Shipyard Pumpkin ale on tap. They also have bottled Sam Adams Octoberfest.( if ur looking for seasonal stuff) They have Huge plastic cups of Bud and bud light for $3.75. The little beer stand between the escalator and Red Coconut has Jacks Pumpkin ale. The vodka in the Park was Russian Standard and the Whiskey was Early Times. I think its cheaper to have a few drinks at city walk before u go in the park, and they have a better variety. Now I sound like a alcoholic lol But I try to get the best deal, since I go to HHN so many times, it adds up.

Also does anyone have a pic of the blinky cups yet?

HHN_SouvenirGlass.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1285531884830

zvq148.jpg

Here's also a review of Liquid Fear from Party Through The Parks:

Fear Drink - Absolutely the worst HHN specialty drink we've ever had the displeasure of paying for . . . and the standards were already low! This drink was easily the weakest mixed drink we've ever bought anywhere. In fact, the only runners up would be prior HHN specialty cocktails. Why these pricy drinks always score so low on our scale is something we can't understand. It's no secret the guests here enjoy a good drink but we're always left wishing we would have just bought a beer after tasting the watered down fruit juice they serve. All of this being said, hede our advice, the only thing to fear about this silly drink is the value. Unlike most weak specialty drinks, this expensive bomb doesn't even pass the "tasty" test. PTTP advice: DO NOT BUY!

Thank you scarasaurus for your photo and review. I will stick to getting beer in my blinky cup on Thursday. That or I will have to buy a vodka shot or two and pour it into my liquid fear.

Jakemeister I have never seen anyone do that but I am sure if you gave them 10 dollars they would just give you a cup if you wanted.

Edited by AaronPaHHNFan

I only get beer b/c I know what i'm getting. PTTP just opened my eyes to getting just a reg draft instead of a draft in a blinky cup. 18oz in a blinky cup, and 20 oz for a regular draft. $6 compared to $10 and then $7 refills. IDK why this just clicked to me but im glad i read that lol

I really don't drink. But I always get a rum and coke with a shot of rum so I can collect the blinky cup and blinky shot glass... It's one of the few alcohols I can stomach. But It seemed like they put more rum than Coke in it this time... made me sick. So everytime I took a sip i diluted it with more coke...

But I think it ended up, even with my Ap discount like $21.00 for the rum and coke, shot of Rum, and regular Coke.... the things io do to collect. <_<

This will be the first year that I plan on partaking in the "spirits" this year.

(teehee get it?")

I know you can purchase cups of beer at the drink stands but can you get refills on the collector cups?

Can you refill the collector cups in Finnigans?

If so, where do you go in Finnigan's to refill them?

Do they have a walk up bar?

Thanks a bunch :)

• 2 weeks later...