HHN Hollywood 2010 Discussion

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DTH your such a downer sometimes! haha just stay on the positive side(: either way its gonna be alot of funn(:

Sliders can take photos since we have separate management, but we aren't allowed to hang around while someone pulls out the camera. They said to give like 30 seconds for people who want photos before walking away.

so with that being said...

figure out something to do so that when you see me i know that its you and we can take a picture! lol

On the positive side, I'm going to go and have a kick ass time and enjoy the best premium Haunt experience that So Cal has to offer. Even if it's at it's worst, it still beats Knotts & all other competitors at it's best.

WOO! positive side(: haha and so true(:

Hey all-

Just joining this board here and wanted to say hi! It took me a while to get through all the past posts and see what was up.

I'm a little surprised that they just used the same Chucky puppet from Insult Emporium for the TT video. I would think they would get something a little more... convincing, eh?

Anyway- I can't wait to hit the event on Saturday! As DTH said, HHN is still the best Halloween event in SoCal.

I'm watching House of 1000 Corpses tonight to get ready. I've never seen it and I figure I'll appreciate the maze more if I do. Just not a RZ fan. He seems like a cool enough guy but I hated his Halloween movies (with a passion).

And I'll be hitting HHN Orlando in 2 weeks! It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I hear ya, I like taking pictures. If I can, I will.. but if its busy or my supervisor is there, there really isn't anything I can do.

Understandable, thanks.

But the problem is, you're not the only one and if they stopped to take pictures with everyone that wanted one, then that wouldn't leave them much time to scare people lol.

Thats true, I hadnt considered that.

Agreed! I saw something that was even worse a couple of weeks ago though. I was in the HOH maze and there was a father with his 20 year old daughter going through, well she got so scared that he had to pull out his little key chain light and use it to shin around corners so she could go through. I wanted to slap it out of his hands lol.

LMFAO! I would have. Or said "Excuse me?! Can you either please stop flashing that light, or let me go ahead, I WANT to be scared!" Hahaha

Welcome to the Hollywood side Creeper!

Thanks buddy! Can't wait for this weekend! Anyone going tonight or tomorrow? I probably won't make it until tomorrow night.

And I, for one, love taking pics with the scareactors in the SZ's. The houses are for getting scared. I'm never afraid of the the ones in the Scarezones. I like to take pictures and document the event for future posterity. I would never expect one to break character but I don't see the problem with slowing down long enough for us to snap a pic. Some of the actors will run away from cameras like it's going to kill them. That's just frustrating.

And anyone who would try to take a picture (especially with a flash) in a house is flipping rude and has no place being there.

And that's my 2 cents!

It's opening night!

Edited by Creeper06

OPENING NIGHT !! I'll be wearing my Jason vorhees shirt so any scareactors attack me lol

@force2294 Your post reminded me..

I think it was two years ago @HHN, my gf at the time and I were waltzing around and noticed a box one of the scare-actors would pop out from

behind to frighten people. So, when she popped out, I went behind the box. When she went to go back in hiding I popped out and scared the

hell out of her. She was not pleased. She followed us around all night… which was more disturbing than scary. lol

I'm tired of being a Debbie Downer, but after hearing about the preview night and seeing some of the walkthrus on Youtube, the only thing I'm excited about is how far Night vision camera technology has come in the past year...

Aside from Rob Zombie's house, it looks like there is nothing new - despite what Murdy has been tweeting every five minutes. I'd love it if Trevlor chimed in with his thoughts about whether things are really new or not. I really respect what he has to say.

To me, Murdy will lose just about every ounce of credibility he has if this year has a "same old thing" feel to it.

Orlando, on the other hand, looks like it is turning out to be one of the best in years. I haven't heard any real negative reviews on any of the houses - there are no throw-away "fun houses" this year like as there were in the past. Little or no humor - just scares. I'll be there in two weeks so I can once again compare the coasts.

Meanwhile, crossing my fingers for HHN Hollywood...

I'm tired of being a Debbie Downer, but after hearing about the preview night and seeing some of the walkthrus on Youtube, the only thing I'm excited about is how far Night vision camera technology has come in the past year...

Aside from Rob Zombie's house, it looks like there is nothing new - despite what Murdy has been tweeting every five minutes. I'd love it if Trevlor chimed in with his thoughts about whether things are really new or not. I really respect what he has to say.

To me, Murdy will lose just about every ounce of credibility he has if this year has a "same old thing" feel to it.

Orlando, on the other hand, looks like it is turning out to be one of the best in years. I haven't heard any real negative reviews on any of the houses - there are no throw-away "fun houses" this year like as there were in the past. Little or no humor - just scares. I'll be there in two weeks so I can once again compare the coasts.

Meanwhile, crossing my fingers for HHN Hollywood...

trevler has already said that its the best year so far In his openion and since Trevler is the wise I take his word for it

From what I've seen, I think its a good year for guests. Its been a rough year so far for me. I'm having trouble adapting to a mask after 4 years of not having to wear one.

Oh! One decently cool thing happened tonight. I went on House of 1000 Corpses again during a break, and got there RIGHT when they were letting Rob Zombie and friends in. Had to wait like 10 mins or so while they cleared the maze and when they opened it back up, my buddy and I were the first ones in (and I think they held the line a little behind us too) so EVERY scareactor did their scare for us and it was VERY cool. My friend got scared a few times, and I actually got a scare in there, which is rare! I stand by my opinion that this is the best maze USH has ever done.

Edited by Trevler

Whoever goes by T2 today (past the Lunaticz scarezone, by the globe theater), use the scare word (Zoolander) and maybe you'll meet me!

Were you the one wearing a mask or without one that stepped in behind me in the refreshments line and commented that the line was taking forever?

From what I've seen, I think its a good year for guests. Its been a rough year so far for me. I'm having trouble adapting to a mask after 4 years of not having to wear one.

You seemed to be doing good from what I could tell, does it just get a little stuffy for you or is it the eyeholes?

Oh! One decently cool thing happened tonight. I went on House of 1000 Corpses again during a break, and got there RIGHT when they were letting Rob Zombie and friends in. Had to wait like 10 mins or so while they cleared the maze and when they opened it back up, my buddy and I were the first ones in (and I think they held the line a little behind us too) so EVERY scareactor did their scare for us and it was VERY cool. My friend got scared a few times, and I actually got a scare in there, which is rare! I stand by my opinion that this is the best maze USH has ever done.

Sounds awesome!

Which line do you think was the longest of the night? HOTC?

You seemed to be doing good from what I could tell, does it just get a little stuffy for you or is it the eyeholes?

Thanks. Its not that the mask is uncomfortable or anything, its just.. not as much fun to scare with one. I miss using my voice and my facial expressions and such. Since I'm not able to use all my tools, I feel like I'm scaring with a hand tied behind my back!