HHN Hollywood 2010 Discussion

I will happily join this movement!!! I understand that they want to stick with movie properties for now, but Wolfman is a perfect fit! The Wolfman house in Florida last year was amazing!!! I will request right along with you.

And HorrorFreak100: that house ranking seems about right to me :)

Fantastic! Finally someone sympathies with me! Anybody else want to join?

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the end of the night @ chainsaw chase out. My friends and I stopped @ the fountain to watch the chaseout, and the survey takers would NOT acknowledge us. Till finally a guy came over and asked if we were leaving. When I said yes, he asked if one of us wanted to take a survey on behalf of our group. Of course I jumped @ the chance. He took me into some offices off to the side. They asked questions along the lines of:

Have you ever been to HHN before? (Duh! Only since your return)

What was your favorite maze this year? (HOTC, after answering, I realized I might regret saying that)

Have you been to KSF? (Yupp)

Which do you find more scary: HHN OR KSF? (Duh! HHN)

What DONT you liked about KSF? (Drunks & line cutters)

What were your complaints this year? (I complained about some idiot ass kids cutting in line @ NOES @ the end of the night)

And there were other questions about rating houses, wait times, and attractions. And he asked if I bought merch; coincidently enough this is the first year I have EVER bought merch. I bought this amazing HOTC inspired HHN tee. I just couldnt help myself.

So yeah, for anyone who hasnt gone yet, Wait for the last B & T or jump into a maze line right before closing so you can watch chainsaw chase out AND take a survey. Dont ask, just look for them and casually stand around and they may approach you like they did me. Just dont forget to mention NO REPEATS. Or when they ask what you DONT like about KSF say that they always have the same mazes year after year.

It was the end of the night @ chainsaw chase out. My friends and I stopped @ the fountain to watch the chaseout, and the survey takers would NOT acknowledge us. Till finally a guy came over and asked if we were leaving. When I said yes, he asked if one of us wanted to take a survey on behalf of our group. Of course I jumped @ the chance. He took me into some offices off to the side. They asked questions along the lines of:

Have you ever been to HHN before? (Duh! Only since your return)

What was your favorite maze this year? (HOTC, after answering, I realized I might regret saying that)

Have you been to KSF? (Yupp)

Which do you find more scary: HHN OR KSF? (Duh! HHN)

What DONT you liked about KSF? (Drunks & line cutters)

What were your complaints this year? (I complained about some idiot ass kids cutting in line @ NOES @ the end of the night)

And there were other questions about rating houses, wait times, and attractions. And he asked if I bought merch; coincidently enough this is the first year I have EVER bought merch. I bought this amazing HOTC inspired HHN tee. I just couldnt help myself.

So yeah, for anyone who hasnt gone yet, Wait for the last B & T or jump into a maze line right before closing so you can watch chainsaw chase out AND take a survey. Dont ask, just look for them and casually stand around and they may approach you like they did me. Just dont forget to mention NO REPEATS. Or when they ask what you DONT like about KSF say that they always have the same mazes year after year.

you didnt Say no repeats?????

Bring him back. I dont care about Scareface or his little skank girlfriend. But how dare you give the Flasher the axe.

LMFAO this should be your quote on your sig lol

From what I've seen, I think its a good year for guests. Its been a rough year so far for me. I'm having trouble adapting to a mask after 4 years of not having to wear one.

Oh! One decently cool thing happened tonight. I went on House of 1000 Corpses again during a break, and got there RIGHT when they were letting Rob Zombie and friends in. Had to wait like 10 mins or so while they cleared the maze and when they opened it back up, my buddy and I were the first ones in (and I think they held the line a little behind us too) so EVERY scareactor did their scare for us and it was VERY cool. My friend got scared a few times, and I actually got a scare in there, which is rare! I stand by my opinion that this is the best maze USH has ever done.

HOTC is probably the best of the HHN Hollywood houses (and I've done them all since 1992), and in to top 5 of all HHN houses (East & West).

It really breaks the mold, and shows how a 3D house should be done. Honestly, though, it's the technology brought by the RGD flood lights that makes this house possible. HOTC just couldn't have been done as effectively even 2 years ago.

For some reason he NEVER EVER EVER EVER responds to me.

that would be because your tweets are protected(; only people that are following you can see your tweets(: lol i had the same problem xD i was asking like really important things and he WOULD not reply to me and i was like " oh...thats cause he hasnt been getting them... " :P

that would be because your tweets are protected(; only people that are following you can see your tweets(: lol i had the same problem xD i was asking like really important things and he WOULD not reply to me and i was like " oh...thats cause he hasnt been getting them... " :P

Really?! Wow total N00B moment. I feel like an idiot. I kept thinking, "Why is he responding to all these other dumb ass questions and not mine?!" ROFL.

I didn't know where to put this, so I decided to put this interesting tweet here: @eliroth Nice to see you Eli. Saw your quote about wanting to be part of HHN. We should talk about next year. Intrigued by your next film.

Anybody know what the next film Mr. Roth is working on next year?

I didn't know where to put this, so I decided to put this interesting tweet here: @eliroth Nice to see you Eli. Saw your quote about wanting to be part of HHN. We should talk about next year. Intrigued by your next film.

Anybody know what the next film Mr. Roth is working on next year?

Something called "The Funhouse 3D". The name just sounds like it was made for a maze...

I also heard he's making a full feature based on 'Thanksgiving', the faux trailer he made for Grindhouse.

Murdy recently said he wants to do a maze on the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. So expect that in the lower lot next year.

So we're going to just keep flip-flopping between different versions of the same properties? Sigh...

Just waiting for the announcement of "We're excited to base a maze on Saw 3D! It'll be totally different than a maze based on Saws 1-7!" :rolleyes:

Something called "The Funhouse 3D". The name just sounds like it was made for a maze...

I also heard he's making a full feature based on 'Thanksgiving', the faux trailer he made for Grindhouse.

Obviously, we don't have a trailer, but because of the success with House of 1,000 Corpses 3D, I think this will be the big 3D maze next year (I'm assuming it'll be colorful judging by the name.) with that comment Murdy made on Twitter. I could definitely see that happen for next year's event.

Murdy recently said he wants to do a maze on the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. So expect that in the lower lot next year.

You do realize there's a 3D reboot in the works set to come out 2012, right? Because Murdy and the big wigs are so bent on "striking the iron while it's hot", I would assume they would want to wait until then. I wouldn't mind having a maze based off the original if we wait until then, but for now, after the disappointment with the returning icons this year, I want all-new next year and nothing less than that.

So we're going to just keep flip-flopping between different versions of the same properties? Sigh...

Just waiting for the announcement of "We're excited to base a maze on Saw 3D! It'll be totally different than a maze based on Saws 1-7!" :rolleyes:

Murdy was asked (In a negative tone) on Twitter if he would bring back Saw and said, "Depends on if the fans want it back or not." When this year ends, and I see comments up the wazoo on the Facebook page that say, "Saw waz awesome! Bring it backkkkkkk!!!!!!" or "Bring Saw back or I'm not going", then I am just going to lose all hope in Hollywood and just save for Orlando every year. They cannot be recycling mazes and icons year after year! "In order for this event to thrive, we need to give our guests horrific NEW characters, and terrifying NEW ideas." - Creative director from Orlando.

Wow you can tell we're devoted fans when the event has just started, we're barley entering October, and we're already speculating about next years event! LOL! I want to a least save some speculation for the spec thread when the event ends. ;)