HHN 2010: Friday the 13th: Kill, Jason, Kill!

DTH316

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After thinking a bit corpses was a bit better than this house, but it was a DAMN close second. Terrifying and the kills were good, but the body room of corpses is officially my top room for anything haunted. Has the house had something like that I would have liked it more, but nothing stood out quite as much as the scenes in corpses. This and corpses are the 2 best maze at the event though!

Friday the 13th: The Recycled Maze as Re-Imagined by Universal based on the Remake of a Movie that Ripped Off Halloween

Alright... enough snark... for now :P

Honestly, this was my favorite maze of the night, at least as far as scares go. I think that's partly because we got lucky and my friend and I ended up doing 2/3 of the maze just the two of us. That was extremely awesome and scary, but it did prevent me from catching a lot of the details as I am prone to walking very fast when I'm the first one in. My favorite part had to be the beginning in Camp Crystal Lake. They did a great job making you feel you were outside in the woods. I wonder what other maze they could have done with an outdoor theme (-cough- Wolfman) but I digress. All the actors did a great job and quite a few Jasons got me good. It was technically "all new" although you could see reused props as sets throughout ALL the mazes this year. But it was new enough that you didn't know what was coming next, and that was great. My least favorite part was Jason's underground lair. Not that it wasn't themed well. It was. I just kind of hate that story element they threw into the remake. He's not Batman. He doesn't need a secret cave :rolleyes:

Anyway- overall, a very strong maze with great scares and theming even in spite of its lack of originality. I still prefer the original version of it in 07, but I also prefer the original franchise to the remake (I guess because I'm old LOL). It shows that Jason still has scares left in him, even if he needs to be retired for a while after this (PLEASE???).

4/5

Unlike the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, I thought the 2009's Friday the 13th was pretty decent. It was an average Jason movie that didn't break the mold, but it had plenty of Jason, Sex, and violence which was good enough for me. I still much prefer the classics (Part 1 through 4, 6) but it is definitely better than the franchises worse, mainly recent efforts (5, 8, Goes to Hell, X). There was an attempt to make Jason scary which didn't really work for me because I just find him to be badass, but thats not really the filmmakers fault. So when I heard there was going to be a maze foolishly titled Kill, Jason, Kill I wasn't pissed but I wasn't ecstatic either. I couldn't see it being better than Camp Blood, my personal favorite maze from the 2007 event (yes, over Back in Business). I also quite clearly wasn't happy over the prospect of another repeated franchise. So how was it? Pretty damn good.

The facade was excellent, probably my second favorite Universal has ever done (behind this years corpses). I just loved the simplicity of it. One of the first rooms with the camper hanging over the fire in the sleeping bag really got things off to a badass start. Every room was highly detailed, up to the tiniest inclusions. I loved the shrine to his mother in the cabin, the mask on the table and the grindstone kill. All of the Jason's were aggressive and in character. The kills were pretty cool, especially when he grinds the girls face where he sharpens his machete, but I can't help feeling that it wasn't as new as Murdy claimed. It was definitely darker and the sets were new but it still felt slightly familiar and I have to give the edge to 2007's Camp Blood. That said, if you have never done a Jason maze before you are in for a real treat. There is virtually nothing wrong with the maze, but it didn't have anything special or original enough to give it the edge over the other proceedings this year. My opinion may change as I only went through this once and conga lined through the entire thing, but for now it remains a great first trip through Camp Crystal Lake and a good second.

B

After going through it again last night, I have to say that Friday the 13th is my favorite maze of the night, barely edging out HOTC. I think the scares are just a bit more intense in that one, but both are equally well done. Probably the most beautifully designed mazes I've ever seen.

Edited by Halloween Blues

What an incredible maze! The scenery, decor, psh just the sets in general was AMAZING. The talent was unrelentless, scare after scare. Jason's actually ran! I remember in '07 and '08 Jason's would walk in a slow stride. The victims are usually put in mazes for show. Not the case in Friday the 13th, Most if not all the victims were leaping, lunging, and or just running out from unexpected places There was a bisected victim who would lie dead and then suddenly spring to life reaching out to anyone standing near him, The grindstone kill was easily the best gag of the event. The star of the maze is of course Jason, there were so many Jason's and it was fun seeing the different versions of Jason. All and all even though I wanted HOTC to be number one I have to tip my hat to Friday the 13th.

10/10.

This maze was better a second time, I would now rate it slightly higher than the elm street maze. It has less actual effects but I had such a godawful time in the elm street maze last time its hard not to. Iv'e never seen the decapitation scene which irks me. Jason was resetting when I came in and I said "ah, come on man? seriously?" and he just shrugged, which was pretty epic. One complaint is who in the hell are the troll like monsters in his lair. From what I've noticed, they arent Jason and ive seen every friday film and dont recognize them from the movie. Regardless, one of them got me really bad from a scare hole I wasn't aware of. Was probably the most startled I've ever been at a halloween event so props to him.

There's troll monsters? lmao that doesn't fit with F13 at all.

Idk how to describe them. Maybe I didn't get a good enough look, because I find it hard to believe that they would just randomly throw in some monster things, but they really didn't look like Jason. I know they have a maskless jason early on in the maze, but it looked different.

"ah, come on man? seriously?" and he just shrugged, which was pretty epic.

From my experiance the Jason Scar actor coolist like in 08 we walked into the girl spliting in half room just as it was done reseting and jason was going back into his boo hole but my group and two guys from behind us stoped and were like "Ah come on" and stuff like that Jason shrugged like "Eh What The Hell" and split the girl in half we all cheered and claped Jason litterly took a bow and went back in it may have broke character but it was soooooo epic!

There's troll monsters? lmao that doesn't fit with F13 at all.

but think about how awsome is that lol

Absolutely loved this maze! I actually got to go through it with Havoc (he was off-duty for the night) and I freaked the hell out so much! The scaring was aggressive and the scenery in the maze was so well-done! The scareactors used the environment perfectly and damn near scared me to the floor. Havoc is my witness! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Did they have some nerdy guy in gasses in the maze yelling, "They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me!"? ;)

OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD! HAHAHAHA!

LMAO Troll 2

That movie forever has a place in my heart because of that scene. <3

Edited by Anu

• 2 weeks later...

DEFFINITELY MY FAVORITE!!!

i got scared SOOOOO bad in this one. like the last 2 rooms i shot right through cause the actors scared me so bad lol! the detail was great and the cast was AMAZING! my friend was the guy in the first room with the ax in his head and all the flesh from his leg missing and i thought he did very good! it was an awesome setup for jason to scare you! The cast in the whole maze was really agressive! i really liked the detail and the scares got me every time i went through! all i can say about this maze is that it was AMAZING! and if you missed it, well then you missed out on alot in my opinion. when i was talking to murdy he said that this was one of his favorite casts. by the way john was a very nice guy i got my picture with him. i'll post some pictures later when i have time.

Overall Rating: 20/10

Times Visited: 2

Can anyone find any good videos of this maze other than sharpproductions? And by good I mean, where you can actually see things haha

Update: Actually, I think I found one that's kinda decent. It has spotlight lighting so a lot of the detail of the maze wasn't capture. The guy is clearly going through the maze by himself and by the looks of it, the doors at the end of the maze to Western Street weren't open so I can only assume the park was closed and this is an employee. Some of the scareactors, when not ready, get a little jokey. But I think this pretty much gets all the scares of the maze.

Edited by DTH316

DEFFINITELY MY FAVORITE!!!

i got scared SOOOOO bad in this one. like the last 2 rooms i shot right through cause the actors scared me so bad lol! the detail was great and the cast was AMAZING! my friend was the guy in the first room with the ax in his head and all the flesh from his leg missing and i thought he did very good! it was an awesome setup for jason to scare you! The cast in the whole maze was really agressive! i really liked the detail and the scares got me every time i went through! all i can say about this maze is that it was AMAZING! and if you missed it, well then you missed out on alot in my opinion. when i was talking to murdy he said that this was one of his favorite casts. by the way john was a very nice guy i got my picture with him. i'll post some pictures later when i have time.

Overall Rating: 20/10

Times Visited: 2

Yeah it was an awesome maze! I'm debating with myself if I actually liked it better than HoTC! Btw, wasn't that Ricky who was the guy with the axe on his head?

Update: Actually, I think I found one that's kinda decent. It has spotlight lighting so a lot of the detail of the maze wasn't capture. The guy is clearly going through the maze by himself and by the looks of it, the doors at the end of the maze to Western Street weren't open so I can only assume the park was closed and this is an employee. Some of the scareactors, when not ready, get a little jokey. But I think this pretty much gets all the scares of the maze.

I'm glad you found a more thorough vid of the maze, but the grindstone kill got rined by the actors joking and the decapitation kill is missing! Ugh! Oh well, at least I went in the maze. :)

Yeah I didn't get to see the decapitation kill in person so I've been looking for it. Although the body did lunge towards me, which was pretty damn scary.

... Join the dark side Freak... say it was your favorite... say it! You know it in your heart to be true!!!

Edited by DTH316