HHN 2010: Friday the 13th: Kill, Jason, Kill!

DTH316

The props and sets were very detailed. The trees were real and some even had sapp on them. The guest didn't walk on dirt, but if I remember correctly there was a mixture of mulch and dirt to the sides of guest off the pathway, the forest scene was fairly large. There were miniscule detail that most people didn't even see with the lights on. (I went on the UTH tour through the maze with the lights on, therefore I could see every single little detail.)

Random Thought: one day.... a completly lit maze (not neccisarly at HHNH, but at any haunt)? I doubt it, but it would be unique.

They even went as to make sure the trees had sap? WOW. They used real trees for the "facade" of the F13 maze so I would assume they would use real trees in the entrance scene as well. It would be a weird transition to have real trees and then BAM! Fake trees recycled from the ET ride. (We know some of the ET trees will be reused in the maze but hopefully not in the immediate first scene.) Whatever the case just the environments alone are getting me stoked for the maze!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how a month ago we were cursing Michael Bay's name and the GP....now we're getting excited for this maze. So am I! :D

well I was cursing MB for Freddy (And I Still Im till proven Wrong) but Ive said this before Jason's Remake had new enviorments, kills, characters and was original enough that I wouldnt mind him having a maze Freddy is a whole other story that I wont get into any more

Happy thoughts Happy thoughts

Edited by Grindhousehero13

Here's a photo update from Mice Chat. The front of the Vorhee's home inside of the maze looks absolutely incredible! I haven't known any better, I would have thought that it was inside of a sound stage at Orlando's event i looks so good! In terms of detail and environment, this could possibly be our best maze yet!

Here's a photo update from Mice Chat. The front of the Vorhee's home inside of the maze looks absolutely incredible! I haven't known any better, I would have thought that it was inside of a sound stage at Orlando's event i looks so good! In terms of detail and environment, this could possibly be our best maze yet!

the mazes got exicted but why are they useing the American WereWolf Manican In The Freaks area

One thing that confused me was the bus in "Nightmarez" where is that at? I know its the front of the park, But where was the bus parked in the pic?

That bus is actually for the Klownz scarezone. Nightmarez will be at the entrance. It was just a mistake.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME HOUSE, MAYBE THE BEST ONE THERE! I dont know what it was... we had a small group so maybe that was it, maybe we just got lucky, or maybe cause it was my ever HHN house, but Jason was everywere! This house had it all. Some awesome kills and some amazing scares. The sets and settings were all very impressive and Jason will get you. This house set the standard for the evening in terms of fear because he was everywhere. Even in the few rooms he wasnt there you would be paranoid that he would be there. Also for some reason I never realized how effective "boo holes" can be, but he came out of a lot more than just doors and windows. This was my favorite house probably... it was very detailed, yet at the same time I missed many details and that in my opinion shows a good haunted house... because I could see the details, but Jason was stalking us and he was getting us good. Damn, this was cool. IF Halloween was the maze of the year last year, which I have heard than the wild west stage is the best place to have a haunt IMO! Awesome house, great scares and atmosfear!

Review from my blog

When it was announced that this maze would be solely based on the remake and not on the previous incarnations of Jason (damn, still no Jason in Space maze!) we were told to expect a more aggressive Jason, like the one seen in the 2009 movie. It seemed as if the camp factor of previous mazes was going to take a back seat this year and instead we'd get a more adrenaline packed experience. So did Jason step up his game or did he fall back on old tricks?

Part of the fun of the Jason mazes has always been the way some of his famous kills have been showcased and that tradition is carried on over in his newest attraction. Without giving away some of the surprises you'll see, some of the best moments from the newest movie have been faithfully recreated here. Including one of my personal favorites, the sleeping bag hanging over the fire. There's a great deal of attention to detail in this maze that I really hadn't noticed in previous Jason ventures. You'll sometimes get distracted admiring the set pieces before a 200 pound Voorhees comes storming into the room, looking like he's ready to tear you in half.

As for the aggressiveness, if they were aiming for in your face scares, then mission accomplished. Strangely enough, the scares that got me the best didn't actually involve Jason, instead it was his victims. Some came darting out of the shadows, screaming bloody murder, others seemed to be dead bodies lying prone until you got close enough for them to launch at you. Whether it was Jason or his victims, they were coming at you from all directions and keeping you on your toes throughout the maze.

The key to making this maze a success was to amp up the scares and intensity, while still keeping some of the fun of watching your favorite kills acted out in front of you. Without a doubt, Kill, Jason, Kill was a resounding success in this pursuit. Personally, I would have loved to have seen the bus scene incorporated, but it's really no big loss. Friday the 13th not only trumps previous attempts at the franchise, but stands to be a contender for this years best maze.

Friday the 13th: Kill, Jason, Kill ! - Rating: 5 out of 5

Finding out my favorite horror icon Jason Voorhees was returning to HHN excited me ... and it did not disappoint ! Having a quick, more aggressive Jason amped the scares up so much more than the previous F13 mazes in 07' and 08' ... The scenery in this maze, especially the entrance (The Woods of Camp Crystal Lake) added a great sense of realism. Having unique, creative kills were so phenomenal ! I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll let you see for yourself. The Jason scare actors were spot on (acting and physical appearance) unlike the random fat Jason's in 08' Lol. We went on this maze 3 times and I couldn't get enough of it haha. Overall, this maze is 3rd on my list of the night in Scare Factor, even though its #1 in my heart because its Jason lol.

"Friday the 13th: Enough, Jason! Enough!"

Was it different? Yes - for the most part.

Was it good? Yes - for the most part.

Was there any reason to make it themed around F13 yet again? No. Not one bit.

The grindstone kill was neat. Beheading was meh. The other kills were the same as before. Seriously, there's no reason they had to bring Jason back to do this stuff. I have nothing against Freddy or Jason - they were fine....in 2007. They have worn out their welcome and need to go.

John Murdy twseeted endlessly how "new" this house and NOES were. How everyone was going to sh!t themselves silly when they saw how "new" these were. By golly they were SO "NEW" that A&D even came up with "new kills that weren't even in the films". WTF? Seriously, John? You're writing F13 scripts now? Jesus, if you have to go outside of the franchise itself to get new ideas, then do you think it MIGHT be time to put Jason, Jigsaw, and Freddy to bed?

Give us some truly new Universal-created houses. Orlando does it every frickin' year. I'm begging you, John.

Edited by zombieman

This maze was the best Maze out of all 5 mazes. It had great scares and the scare actors were really good. A prop dead guy in a almost pitch black room got me good! lol. The jasons were really into the character. I would rate it a 9/10 just because i heard one of the jasons scream out " ARRRGHH"! seriously i never heard jason make a sound lmao. But i think the best memory of this maze will be when we went in for a 2nd time before the park closed and this couple in front of us brought their 10 yr old daughter it looked like and she was shaking real bad in fear through out the maze and she wasn't paying attention then Jason popped out of a wall quietly and just stood over her looking down. When she finally turned around and looked up the facial expression and scream she did was priceless.