HHN XX Discussion

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's always been allowed, but again, the whole stopping to take a photo isn't allowed, the whole flashing of the camera not allowed, so to do it successfully....yeah.

I know that there is no pictures allowed in Horror Nights: The Hallow'd past...

As far as I can remember the last couple of years pictures inside of houses have been strictly forbidden.

I think the rule should be if you don't stop and don't affect the atmosphere (i.e. lights, noises, whatnot) then its OK...

Seeing as that would completely eliminate flash photography (pretty much everything else) and morons holding up the line to take pictures.

Edited by JWFearman

I think the rule should be if you don't stop and don't affect the atmosphere (i.e. lights, noises, whatnot) then its OK...

Seeing as that would completely eliminate flash photography (pretty much everything else) and morons holding up the line to take pictures.

it's a wast to even take the picture.... if no light u can barely see so i will just take pics in the scarzones......

this is coming from a discussion between myself, my ASM, and patrick, about how we were supposed to have friends take pictures of us in makeup/costumes since we can't do it backstage. they said it was aloud.

As a "verteran" I would have to disagree... Chemowasabi, I know who you're talking about and that person is wrong, and I tried to point that out to them and they didn't understand.

Photography in houses is a very sketchy subject. It is really only acceptable in the streets. But if you can "sneak" a camera in and use it without the OPs people knowing, then obviously it can work. But if you are snapping photos and are caught, you could suffer consequences for it.

My judgement here, Don't do it. The pictures usually come out crappy anyways unless you have the steadiest hands in the world and can shoot in complete darkness without flash. OR if you have infrared on you camcorder to record video. But this is is very hard to come by and usually a pain to set up unless you plan on not enjoying the event to play with settings on your equipment all night. There is a reason they say "No flash photography" outside the houses on the signs... It's actually like them saying "No Photography" in the houses.

People complain and argue over this subject every year and I know someone will have a disagreement to this comment, but please understand... Technically, it's not allowed. And vouching for it from what a "newbie" ASM says is not the way to go. The ASM Chemowasabi is thinking of didn't have a definite answer anyways... I know you guys are going to do it anyways, so who cares either way, just stating my 2 cents...

That is, in essance, the exact rulign I was told.

That is, in essance, the exact rulign I was told.

But it is WRONG!!!! Why do you think the ops people stop people from even having their cameras out? It's because it's a RULE that is to followed. Did anyone see the video posted by MattJohnson a few posts up? This is exactly what the ops guys have to stop all night long.

I don't care what the ASM or Patrick told you, obviously they are not looking at a SOP booklet to give you a correct answer. The rules are set down for a reason and everyone tries to find a reason to break them. I know you want pictures, but how many scareactors here have been blinded multiple times a night by guests, probably 15% of them being forum members, because someone else told them pics were allowed in the houses?

As a "verteran" I would have to disagree... Chemowasabi, I know who you're talking about and that person is wrong, and I tried to point that out to them and they didn't understand.

Photography in houses is a very sketchy subject. It is really only acceptable in the streets. But if you can "sneak" a camera in and use it without the OPs people knowing, then obviously it can work. But if you are snapping photos and are caught, you could suffer consequences for it.

My judgement here, Don't do it. The pictures usually come out crappy anyways unless you have the steadiest hands in the world and can shoot in complete darkness without flash. OR if you have infrared on you camcorder to record video. But this is is very hard to come by and usually a pain to set up unless you plan on not enjoying the event to play with settings on your equipment all night. There is a reason they say "No flash photography" outside the houses on the signs... It's actually like them saying "No Photography" in the houses.

People complain and argue over this subject every year and I know someone will have a disagreement to this comment, but please understand... Technically, it's not allowed. And vouching for it from what a "newbie" ASM says is not the way to go. The ASM Chemowasabi is thinking of didn't have a definite answer anyways... I know you guys are going to do it anyways, so who cares either way, just stating my 2 cents...

and I just sent you an IM on FB, because the ASM didn't actually put a word in, this was me talking to Patrick, the ASM was there with us. See, my thing is I have a low level light camera. I could actually shoot the house, and probibly have halfway decent results in a few rooms (god bless 1.2 Apature) but it's the whole not stopping to setthe shot that most people will have an issue with I think. In general, should pics be taken? No. They won't turn out good, 99% of the people will end up stopping trying to get whatever shot they want right (which probibly still won't do them any good, etc.)

But, the ruling given by the show director (which of course means NONE of the house attendants know and/or will follow it) is that the photos are allowed, sans flash, and if you keep walking.

*shrugs* Take that for whatever it's worth I suppose.

and I just sent you an IM on FB, because the ASM didn't actually put a word in, this was me talking to Patrick, the ASM was there with us. See, my thing is I have a low level light camera. I could actually shoot the house, and probibly have halfway decent results in a few rooms (god bless 1.2 Apature) but it's the whole not stopping to setthe shot that most people will have an issue with I think. In general, should pics be taken? No. They won't turn out good, 99% of the people will end up stopping trying to get whatever shot they want right (which probibly still won't do them any good, etc.)

But, the ruling given by the show director (which of course means NONE of the house attendants know and/or will follow it) is that the photos are allowed, sans flash, and if you keep walking.

*shrugs* Take that for whatever it's worth I suppose.

Nah... Read the signs... ask anyone else in charge (Patrick can be leniant and sometimes just give you an answer b/c he has no time to talk) and they will tell you, NO PHOTOS in houses

Can't break character, so can't stop to pose, but taking them is allowed, evven in the houses this year as long as you don't stop or hold up the line/blind the scareactors with a flash.

exactly

No pictures in houses. This ruins the night vision of everybody around you (including the actors). Please keep pictures to the streets.

We were told a few years back that if we were taken pictures of in the house, that we were to go to the end of the house and point out the guest. They would then have them delete the picture(s) off any digital camera/cell phone or they would confiscate any disposable cameras.

As I have never heard anything different, I am going to keep continuing to believe that there are no cameras/camcorders allowed in the houses.

On a side note: When I was Interstellar Terror, the ASM did have someone come through before set one night and take all of our photos on set and in costume. She then came in later on in the run and did the same thing and we then were able to go online and get the photos at a later date.

Edited by Tman875

Anybody know my guest needs an annual pass for the parks to get into the annual pass holder nights? He has his frequent fear pass but not one to the park. I do on the other hand. JW. Thanks

You need to RSVP to the event and add a guest. As long as you have done that and he has a ticket for the event... bob's you're Uncle.

I'm just hoping to meet the icons. That's all.

P.S: I have made a sin against GOD involving my middle finger (long story), and now a voice in my head is telling me to use a kitchen knife to cut it off for my two trips to HHN to run smoothly. What should I do, folks? (My mind says DO IT.)

Do it. Believe the voices in your head.