HHN 2010: Vampyre: Castle of the Undead (HOH)

djevilclown

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thought the best thing to do would be to close house of horrors down in late august/early september and do a complete extensive re theming. Open it at HHN and keep it open until the next september. Rinse, repeat every year. It couldn't hurt to do this, and I see that Vampyre was getting virtually no traffic all night. Time to make it new again.

I've always thought the best thing to do would be to close house of horrors down in late august/early september and do a complete extensive re theming. Open it at HHN and keep it open until the next september. Rinse, repeat every year. It couldn't hurt to do this, and I see that Vampyre was getting virtually no traffic all night. Time to make it new again.

Kind of like how Disney closes the Haunted Mansion and it's a small world to install the Holiday overlays, that could definitely work. As much as I love the House of Horrors.. it's getting a little stale and is in desperate need for changing every so often. Sure they can keep the prop and costume showcases in the front but the maze inside itself needs new environments.

Either that or take out the rest of the Van Helsing props to replace them with something else?

I went through it again last night, is Chucky's Room supposed to be a child's play room? There were some minor tweaks from the last time I was there. About changing the place up every year, I don't think it'd be possible. I mean, if Mr. Murdy is having trouble finding funding for just a sheet maze, I doubt we'd see anything that drastic happen to the HOH. Though it would be brilliant if they could do that.

After going through the maze, I think it's probably the weakest of them all, but I still rather enjoy it not only because of the hot vampyre women, but also it's refreshing to see something untested at Universal. I hope that this experience encourages them to actually build a maze from scratch for their next original property.

I went through it again last night, is Chucky's Room supposed to be a child's play room? There were some minor tweaks from the last time I was there. About changing the place up every year, I don't think it'd be possible. I mean, if Mr. Murdy is having trouble finding funding for just a sheet maze, I doubt we'd see anything that drastic happen to the HOH. Though it would be brilliant if they could do that.

After going through the maze, I think it's probably the weakest of them all, but I still rather enjoy it not only because of the hot vampyre women, but also it's refreshing to see something untested at Universal. I hope that this experience encourages them to actually build a maze from scratch for their next original property.

yeah its supposed to be a Baby Vampire nursery

10-2-2010 review.

Opening thoughts: First of all I love HOH, it's such an elaborate well detailed maze. The laboratory set is FANTASTIC. But, it just feel that HOH is an after thought when it comes to HHN. When I first heard about Vampires invading HOH, I was beyond stoked. They fit perfectly with HOH's for the most part Gothic sets.

Now for the review, It seemed to me, it was just Vampires and new music changes made to the maze. I was expecting more, and maybe my expectations were too high. But, I was hoping there would be set changes, the queue line inside the HOH would be changed, SOMETHING. Well, they did black out "Chucky's workshop" but c'mon even with the dim set lights the Chucky Toys were visible. So was it an ENTIRELY new maze? No. However, I give major respect to the cast of Vampyre. They were very aggressive and the costumes were incredible. So here is my rating in a nutshell.

Out of 10, I give Vampyre a 6.5.

Suggestions. I know that HOH is also a day operated maze, but if there can be some way that changes can be made for future HHN events. That would be epic

Without the terrible girls, I could better appreciate this more. Again, the overlay is weak but the costumes are quite impressive and the enthusiasm of the actors does beat anything we have seen in HOH thus far. If you havent been through HOH as much as me, I can see you having alot of fun in this. It is still below average for me but not a complete waste.

Not being a fan of house of horrors this maze was left last and I did not visit it while my group went in. Unfortunately I was beat from working on Saturday and did not want to go up and down more stairs in the night. I did have a chance to watch some of the chainsaw clowns do their thing and sliders in the area. My group enjoyed the maze but it was their first time to the event so they do not know the previous incarnations in the house of horrors.

Hello again all-

I'm just playing catch up and getting around to reviewing these lesser mazes. So here goes...

Vampyre: Castle of the Undead

I will commend Murdy on two things here: #1- it's a new, original theme. #2- it's a theme that actually fits quite well into the theming that is already present in HOH. The downside is that there are still no changes made to HOH to attempt to alter it for the event. It's just HOH with vampires in it. You've got to give credit to the scareactors because they're giving it their all and they look good (really good!) but there's only so much they can do with what they're given. I recommend doing this one only if

1) You've never been in the House of Horrors before

2) You are really really bored with the other mazes

3) you need to kill some time while you wait for the lines at the other mazes to die down

Grade: D+

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to doing this house last night, And I'm so glad I didnt waste any time on opening night waiting for it. This was a major FAIL IMHO. No offense to the scareactors, they tried. But we know this maze all too well, we know where the boo holes are, hell I could walk this maze with my eyes closed and not bump into a wall. Although I will admit that the Turned Priest costume was amazing, as well as few others. But HoH really needs a COMPLETE redo.

I normaly hate The HOH mazes but honestly I realy liked this maze they did A little better job hiding the HOH (Minus The wall of good guy dolls and the Dawn of the dead room) but all the scare actors worked the maze realy well and The Vamps Chicks Realy hot, best thing after a nasty break up are hot scary chick lmao. But I felt more of an effort I know its still an HOH overlay but it beats everything they done in HOH so far I realy enjoyed this maze sorry guys.

My grade B-

to be honest I didnt like Chucky's Playhouse because it felt like things were misplaced the whole time except the chucky room, but this year it fit alot better plus the Scareactors were intense

Agreed. At least this year, most of the sets/props support the theme. I'll give it that. And there's consistency in the types of monsters i.e. ALL vampires.

wow HoH getting some positive feedback :o

LOL. However slight...

Whenever people ask me about HHN Hollywood, I always say "well this year, they're up to 4 1/2 houses" because I don't really count HOH. It's more just a time filler if you don't feel like waiting for one of the real mazes :rolleyes:

LOL. However slight...

Whenever people ask me about HHN Hollywood, I always say "well this year, they're up to 4 1/2 houses" because I don't really count HOH. It's more just a time filler if you don't feel like waiting for one of the real mazes :rolleyes:

I think everyone feels that way. Whatever, never stops me from going through it lol