Hi All. Been watching a lot of footage on You Tube and am slightly confused... in some of the houses it looks pretty quiet and you experience the houses so that everything comes as a surprise... in others it looks as if everyone is so close together they could do the conga... and you can see everything that is co...ming up! Obviously one is a very scary / fun experience and the other quite boring and unscary as you know what's coming next... is it much quieter at the beginning of October? Or is it always mad busy? It will cost a lot to come from the UK and any comments from those who have been hugely appreciated.

It's usually quieter towards the beginning of the event on non-peak nights. By the 3rd week, every night is pretty packed. And as far as the conga-line goes, you really have to get lucky. Sometimes there will be very few people and it will be spaced out because everyone is moving at a good pace, where most of the time there's always that one person who is terrified and barely refuses to move forward which causes everybody to bunch up.

It's really just based on luck.

well, it depends, but sometimes even when there is a conga line, I get pretty scared, I've never been in a really bad line before or anything, there are different rooms, so you don't always see what's coming in front of you, also looking at a video is very different than being there,is never been boring to me even with people next to me, if is your first time, it is going to be scary,

I think they do a pretty good job of creating twists and turns and invisible boo-holes that you don't actually always know what is coming up. From what I can tell, the scareactors are able to rush around from hole to hole behind the walls and won't always come out of the same spot. Besides... sometimes it's scarier to me if I anticipate what is coming....

Last year I was walking through Dracula and there was this huge guy with blood all over his face munching down on some carcass and he was hidden, kind of, behind a pillar. I knew this guy was going to come after me because I was an easy, girly target. ;) So, it went sort of like "Oh Crap. He's looking at me. He's going to scream in my face..... oh ok, nevermind I made it past hi- OH SHIT!.... Didn't know he could come around that way." :lol:

We are always told to "scare forward" so as to not slow/stop the movement of the line. This doesn't always happen because sometimes your focus isn't actually scared and someone behind them reacts. I have seen people stop and wait for the room to clear so they could sprint through it. We, as scareactors, don't always try to scare someone into stopping. ;)

With HHN it's pretty much a hit or miss scenario. I myself have gone to HHN on a sunday and there was hardly anybody there and the wait times for the houses was only 10 minutes. But the following sunday was so busy the wait times were like an hour. Last year when I went on a sunday, I walked through silver screams and the spawning all by myself. It was pretty awesome. So my suggestion would be to go on non peak nights Sunday through Thursday if you can. If not establish a game plan. Get there as early as possible or do the stay and scream. With the stay and scream you will be able to do 2 or 3 houses with virtually no wait before they let in the outside crowds. Also try doing some houses when people are seeing the Bill and Ted or Rocky Horror Picture Show. You might get lucky with some wait times then...Hope this helps and have fun...

If you go to a particular year enough, you'll get to see the "flow" of the crowd. Certain houses are more crowded at certain times. In 2006 especially, my mother and I learned which times to hit which houses.

Generally, the houses in the back of the park have less crowds early in the night, while the soundstages are mobbed for a good portion of the night. At the beginning of the night, you'll see huge lines waiting for the soundstages to open. Toward the end, they start to wind down.

I'll tell you how I cured the wait time problem completely....

I went on a Thursday night and bought Express Passes. Holy cow.... The regular lines were a mile long, but our line was like 4 people long. We got there at 6:30 and had done every single house, scarezone, and show by 10:00. And, the great thing about it is, you spend the same amount of money as you would on just the ticket for a weekend.