HHN XX Speculation II

Hi, I've been lurking and thought I'd chime in.

Another note on Tent 2.

"The Crazies" concept doesn't mesh.

Over 15 people in the house, male and female, have been cast and are required to shave their heads bald.

Bald characters weren't pertinent in "The Crazies" (Yes, the one guy, but it was hardly a significant role.)

Why would Universal relentlessly search for such a significant amount of people to shave their heads for a concept that doesn't call for it.

I'm much more inclined to believe the alien/area 51 or military experiments gone awry theory.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over 15 people in the house, male and female, have been cast and are required to shave their heads bald.

Bald characters weren't pertinent in "The Crazies"

Agreed. When I think of "shaved head" scenarios:

Mental patients

Boot camp

Sever lice infestation :blink:

i think all a michael myers house would be is just him walking around hitting wood or barrels to make a loud noise and make u jump, i love michael myers but i dont feel a house with just him would be to scary but it would fun

Did you watch the wal through of the meyers house from last year in USH? I thot it was pretty BA but you are right, they used the audio(classic Halloween theme) and strobes and lightning sounds really well people were screaming everywhere. They did use effects to get the majority of the scares tho.

Edited by gatoralex

Another note on Tent 2.

Bald characters weren't pertinent in "The Crazies" (Yes, the one guy, but it was hardly a significant role.)

Why would Universal relentlessly search for such a significant amount of people to shave their heads for a concept that doesn't call for it.

I'm much more inclined to believe the alien/area 51 or military experiments gone awry theory.

Could be another Scream House. As I recall, the Caretaker's minions had shaved heads in 2006.

Well when I think of bald people, I think of either a widespread ilness/epidemic, (causing hair loss, and worse symptoms), or, I think of patients. What if they are test subjects for brain surgery (whose heads need it be shaved before surgery, whether it be half or whole),, and doctors are trying to distort the human brain?

i think all a michael myers house would be is just him walking around hitting wood or barrels to make a loud noise and make u jump, i love michael myers but i dont feel a house with just him would be to scary but it would fun

The original Die In had Michael Myers in the house. It was the first movie set you walked through after venturing through the screen. In my opinion, the Michael Myers section was the best! That house rocked though. I'd love to see Myers have his own house. I just don't see it happening this year. I'm not sold on the whole Cindy idea yet either. I think that may be more wishful thinking than anything else. Hoping to be wrong, however.

As for the parade building... I'm almost certain that is going to be a house set up like a museum showing off the history of HHN, with it obviously coming to life like Night at the Museum.

But, I don't think this is a reunion year. I think the clues point more to it being a celebration of the history of horror in general. FEAR itself, just may be the icon this year... Makes sense, in my opinion.

Excited to find out more!

Well when I think of bald people, I think of either a widespread ilness/epidemic, (causing hair loss, and worse symptoms), or, I think of patients. What if they are test subjects for brain surgery (whose heads need it be shaved before surgery, whether it be half or whole),, and doctors are trying to distort the human brain?

It's indeed possible. I hope it's some type of area 51 investigation house, though. However, a house utilizing a creepy/crazy brain surgeon would be BA too.

what about patients for a lobotomy? or lobotomys gone wrong?

DOW could stand for almost anything.

Disgusting Old Woman

Devil's Obedient Worshipper

Dark Order Wizard

Destructive Organic Weapon

Director's Only Witness

Disciple Of Witchcraft

Demented Office Worker

Don't Open Window

Drink Only Water

Day Of Wrath

Doctor On Watch

Another note on Tent 2.

The shaved heads makes me think of Splice. Anyone else think of that?

The shaved heads makes me think of Splice. Anyone else think of that?

And we come full circle again. Seriously, the same few ideas get recirculated every four or five days. Please, use the search function if you haven't been reading the speculation thread in a while.

And we come full circle again. Seriously, the same few ideas get recirculated every four or five days. Please, use the search function if you haven't been reading the speculation thread in a while.

Umm sorry for not using the search function to look and see if that idea was already said, I was just putting my 2 cents in... <_<

Back on topic: I would hope that it isn't Splice, that movie would be weird as a house. Now if they tweaked it and created their own idea based off the movie, I'm sure it would be good. But, I would want to see The Crazies as a house before I see Splice...

OK, I've been reading over the speculation threads since they started, but WHY is it considered "carved in stone truth" that there are NO MOVIE HOUSES? Really, it's a Horror Nights in a park owned by a movie studio...no movie related houses makes no sense. EVERYTHING thus far is 100% speculation so why is it considered gospel that there are no movie houses?

OK, flame away....

My understanding is that Tent 2 is taking it's inspiration from a different medium than usual.

OK, I've been reading over the speculation threads since they started, but WHY is it considered "carved in stone truth" that there are NO MOVIE HOUSES? Really, it's a Horror Nights in a park owned by a movie studio...no movie related houses makes no sense. EVERYTHING thus far is 100% speculation so why is it considered gospel that there are no movie houses?

OK, flame away....

During the first few years of the event Universal didn't rely on their movie properties for houses. Why does the event HAVE TO HAVE a movie house. Why do we as fans demand a movie house? Some of HHN most popular houses are not movies made into a house. Houses like Screamhouse, Psychoscareapy, scary tales, Body Collectors, and the original run house. Why shouldn't we be demanding more unique houses?

Edited by strangeoneout

OK, flame away....

No flaming required, just a measured and careful explanation.

The group of sources who maintain that there will be no movie houses (whom I have dubbed Side B.) include among their number certain individuals who are in a position to have received the full lowdown on the entire event directly from A&D.

They need this information in order to carry out their own responsibilities, which are not directly related to the putting on and carrying out of HHN XX - but still involves being able to answer any questions given to them about the event.

In other words they are in a "need to know" category.

Without releasing any specific information or details on what will absolutely be at HHN, which is prohibited, they have at least confirmed that there will be no movie houses, and even no movie-inspired houses along the lines of Interstellar Terror from 2008.

However, other reliable people, although not in such a position, have reported their belief that there will be some kind of movie house after all. They have knowledge of movie characters cast, not just in a scarezone but in a house.

In my attempt to reconcile these divergent accounts from two highly reliable sources I have finally come to this conclusion: the house in the Parade Building will represent the history of HHN and as such will include certain film characters who have had very large and significant roles at HHN in the past. Nobody has told me this, it is my best deduction based on seemingly contradictory information I have received from various sources whom I know to be reliable.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

During the first few years of the event Universal didn't rely on their movie properties for houses. Why does the event HAVE TO HAVE a movie house. Why do we as fans demand a movie house? Some of HHN most popular houses are not movies made into a house. Houses like Screamhouse, Psychoscareapy, scary tales, Body Collectors, and the original run house. Why shouldn't we be demanding more unique houses?

I COMPLETELY agree with you there. But they had the Carnival of Carnage and as someone who went a few years before that, the crowds were MUCH larger that year. I think the recognizable movie icons made for bigger crowds and Universal is a BUSINESS and bigger crowds = bigger money. Last year, they followed up with another 3 big movie icons and again, huge (if not record) crowds. I think it would be a disservice to their stockholders to break away from that formula. Bill & Teds is just popculture show based 90% on movies and/or movie stars and is a huge draw every night. I think it just makes sense for them to stick with the movie houses.

But that wasn't really my question...my question was WHY is everybody saying "NO MOVIE HOUSES THIS YEAR!!!" and getting pi$$ed whenever anybody mentions a movie house? This is a SPECULATION site and I haven't heard any OFFICIAL confirmation that there will be no movie houses this year. The site updating their character list shows movie icons. They've had 3 MAJOR movie Icons each of the last 2 years. I just don't understand how Roddy leaving automatically means no movie houses...like he was the ONLY person at Universal who actually liked movies.

Personally, I'm hoping for NO movie houses and a "Best Of" reunion for HHNs 1-13...the years I didn't attend. It sounds to me like most people don't want movie houses so they're irrationally latching onto the rumors of no movie icons and declaring them gospel and berating anybody who thinks otherwise.

Just asking, is there definitive proof that there will be NO movie houses this year?

EDIT: Thanks Dr Jimmy...your intelligent and very explanatory answer was posted while I was composing my novel :)

Edited by Oysterhead00

Could be another Scream House. As I recall, the Caretaker's minions had shaved heads in 2006.

I was hoping like hell this was the case. I am one of the females required to shave her head and was really hoping I'd be cast as the "bride" character that was present in Scream House

the ressurection. Sadly, upon further investigation.. This is not the case. =[

I COMPLETELY agree with you there. But they had the Carnival of Carnage and as someone who went a few years before that, the crowds were MUCH larger that year. I think the recognizable movie icons made for bigger crowds and Universal is a BUSINESS and bigger crowds = bigger money. Last year, they followed up with another 3 big movie icons and again, huge (if not record) crowds. I think it would be a disservice to their stockholders to break away from that formula. Bill & Teds is just popculture show based 90% on movies and/or movie stars and is a huge draw every night. I think it just makes sense for them to stick with the movie houses.

But that wasn't really my question...my question was WHY is everybody saying "NO MOVIE HOUSES THIS YEAR!!!" and getting pi$$ed whenever anybody mentions a movie house? This is a SPECULATION site and I haven't heard any OFFICIAL confirmation that there will be no movie houses this year. The site updating their character list shows movie icons. They've had 3 MAJOR movie Icons each of the last 2 years. I just don't understand how Roddy leaving automatically means no movie houses...like he was the ONLY person at Universal who actually liked movies.

Personally, I'm hoping for NO movie houses and a "Best Of" reunion for HHNs 1-13...the years I didn't attend. It sounds to me like most people don't want movie houses so they're irrationally latching onto the rumors of no movie icons and declaring them gospel and berating anybody who thinks otherwise.

Just asking, is there definitive proof that there will be NO movie houses this year?

EDIT: Thanks Dr Jimmy...your intelligent and very explanatory answer was posted while I was composing my novel :)

This might sound stupid but this being the 20th year would draw a lot of people alone. They might not need movie houses.

This might sound stupid but this being the 20th year would draw a lot of people alone. They might not need movie houses.

I really don't understand this argument. The 20th year? So. Sorry, but I just don't see why that would make it a drawn to the general public.

I really don't understand this argument. The 20th year? So. Sorry, but I just don't see why that would make it a drawn to the general public.

You should've read the first part where I said this might sound stupid. tsk tsk

My thinking was that anniversaries like this they would try to go all out to make this event exceed all the others before it. That why I said what I said that it would draw with people expecting the most up-to-date year so far.

Of course this too may be stupid

Edited by mastermind22