HHN XX Jobs & Auditions

Hey to all, like gator I am an former Vaulter (RIP), but I am glad to have another outlet for my HHN hysteria. This year will be my third year. I went to auditions for my first year back in '08 and had a blast with it. C_D and some of the other dinosaurs have answered and could probably answer your questions better than I can, but there is truly nothing to worry about. The only thing is to show up early on the first few auditions because the spots fill up fast, but that is just common sense anyway. And don't worry about size or whether you look scary. While I have seen C_D, yet never had the pleasure of formally meeting, I can say that he is a beast and very scary looking. Giant as well, as his name implies. But I have met some of the five foot nothing ladies that worked in the Chuckie house last year and they are very sweet looking, but looks can also be deceiving as I am sure that they would tear you a new one if you stepped into there house. I have the scars to prove it. As I am sure that people have different anxiety and shyness(if that's a word) issues when place in front of people, remember that the casting directors aren't scary, provided you don't touch there table as mentioned earlier in this thread :), and they want you to do great. And if you do get hired to be a scareactor and you are still nervous, remember that once you are in costume, the guests are more afraid of you than you are of them. :P Quick side note, as for the pay, its minimum for the scareactors, for obvious reasons, and more for stilts, show performers, higher ups, for obvious reasons. But remember that you are there for a long time, non-peak:5ish 6ish 7ish-1ish 130ish and peak:5ish 6ish 7ish-3ish 330ish. And you only work 1hr and a half out of every 3. And you will sweat. Damn that eight ball of cocaine is wearing off, sleep time. See you all july 6th and best of luck to all newbies. As it has been said before, you need anything else at all, all you gotta do is PM. Night all!

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I currently live in Denver (born and raised in Florida, moved out to Colorado in 2008 for grad school), but being a scareactor is definitely on my bucket list. Won't be happening this year for obvious reasons, but whenever we move back to Florida, I think both my fiance and I will want to audition. Reading this thread has been so insightful and helpful! I'll definitely keep your advice in mind whenever I finally get the chance to audition.

As a sidenote: For you veterans that post on here. Are you allowed to say what roles you've had in previous houses before? I'm just insanely curious to know what roles you had the chance to play!

So I currently live in Denver (born and raised in Florida, moved out to Colorado in 2008 for grad school), but being a scareactor is definitely on my bucket list. Won't be happening this year for obvious reasons, but whenever we move back to Florida, I think both my fiance and I will want to audition. Reading this thread has been so insightful and helpful! I'll definitely keep your advice in mind whenever I finally get the chance to audition.

As a sidenote: For you veterans that post on here. Are you allowed to say what roles you've had in previous houses before? I'm just insanely curious to know what roles you had the chance to play!

I have worked for HHN for the past two years, both of them in the streets. In 2008, I was in Fractured Tales, which consisted of demonic characters from childhood fairy tales, and was cast as the Big Bad Wolf, who was a demented version of the wolf from little red riding hood. In 2009, I was in War of the Living Dead, which was set as a never ending battle between Nazi and US Army zombie soldiers, in which I played a Nazi zombie. You can discuss on here past roles, but for you newbs, as it has already been said, don't post anything about the upcoming event until it has started, even then, your walking on dangerous ground.

Edited by fireman617

Welcome! It's been said, but no worries cuz it's not all you'd expect. They are casting body types, and with them having a picture of you before you even enter the room. There's a chance they may have you chosen for a roll, all the need to know is you can be loud and outgoing. So, that being said. I had to do a scare tactic, being a noise, voice, movement. Some get asked favorite color or movie. All they want to see from you. Is if your favorite color is pink or movie lion king. You've gotta be loud and crazy about it.

Don't be shy, trust me, they will be loud when you get in.

Thanks i appreciate the welcome, but i appreciate your info too, i just was wondering what is your scare tactic? did you jump at them and scream, growl, etc. Sorry bout the 20 questions of auditioning i just wanna make sure im ready,

Thanks i appreciate the welcome, but i appreciate your info too, i just was wondering what is your scare tactic? did you jump at them and scream, growl, etc. Sorry bout the 20 questions of auditioning i just wanna make sure im ready,

minus body movements. I'm known for my screeching creature noise. Was my staple in AcOC last year, and I will take full advantage of it If I get cast and depending on what role I could fill

I have worked for HHN for the past two years, both of them in the streets. In 2008, I was in Fractured Tales, which consisted of demonic characters from childhood fairy tales, and was cast as the Big Bad Wolf, who was a demented version of the wolf from little red riding hood. In 2009, I was in War of the Living Dead, which was set as a never ending battle between Nazi and US Army zombie soldiers, in which I played a Nazi zombie. You can discuss on here past roles, but for you newbs, as it has already been said, don't post anything about the upcoming event until it has started, even then, your walking on dangerous ground.

I didn't make it to the 2008 event, but I remember seeing pictures of the Big Bad Wolf! And I did make it through War of the Living Dead last year - took video though. Wonder if you're in it!

And how do they decide Scareactor of the Year? Noticed that on your signature there.

I didn't make it to the 2008 event, but I remember seeing pictures of the Big Bad Wolf! And I did make it through War of the Living Dead last year - took video though. Wonder if you're in it!

And how do they decide Scareactor of the Year? Noticed that on your signature there.

Both years were a blast. Its possible that I was in your video, I guess it would depend on what time it was taking to whether my cast was on set. As far as the SAOTY, I really don't know how they pick it, but it was an honor to have won it. :D

Thanks for the props Fireman, maybe we will have the chance to formally meet this year! i will not be attending the reunion audition, but look for me on the 13th, standing at the door to HR about 2, maybe earlier.

Thanks for the props Fireman, maybe we will have the chance to formally meet this year! i will not be attending the reunion audition, but look for me on the 13th, standing at the door to HR about 2, maybe earlier.

Absolutely, I have much respect for the legend SAs of HHN. I will be at the reunion audition, so I won't be there on the 13th, but maybe we will meet during rehearsals or the event. :)

Absolutely, I have much respect for the legend SAs of HHN. I will be at the reunion audition, so I won't be there on the 13th, but maybe we will meet during rehearsals or the event. :)

This is always good to hear. There are some vets out there that definitely help out the newer SAs. With my SA run coming to a close soon, it's sorta like a passing of the torch.

Excited to audition again this year. I loved Firecrew, but due to my work schedule, I'll be trying out for ABU. Would love to be a part of HHN this year. I hope they do something awesome. :D

Also, if anyone got the reunion audition email, and could forward it to me, I'd appreciate it. Just PM me please. My email with Uni got mixed with an wrong address, so I haven't been getting anything from them.

Edited by movieguy84

Excited to audition again this year. I loved Firecrew, but due to my work schedule, I'll be trying out for ABU. Would love to be a part of HHN this year. I hope they do something awesome. :D

Also, if anyone got the reunion audition email, and could forward it to me, I'd appreciate it. Just PM me please. My email with Uni got mixed with an wrong address, so I haven't been getting anything from them.

All I have is the facebook group dealing with the reunion audition. In the description is the email. I didn't get an email either, but I didn't get one last year, so.....Here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=125307810840913&ref=ts

Well, my audition is up in the air. If I manage to find all the necessary documents and take all the tests in time (hopefully, the tests will start this weekend), I'll get my American citizenship and be able to audition.

Otherwise, it's 2011 for me.

I can't wait for Reunion Auditions. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone from last year. ;-)

whoo! for sure!

I got my sign off from Challenge yesterday, so I will see all returning scareactors very soon! Can't wait!

awesome, i know thats always the hard part!

I never got that email either, and was completely unaware of the reunion audition thing on FB. I RSVPd, however, because I do plan to be there. Only 8 days away!

Jeramy, you really should audition; it is the easiest way to get hired at Universal, and you have first dibs on open job postings. I moved from there to special events during Macy's, which is only seasonal, but you should have no problem going to another department. Plus, you can always pick up extra shifts online during the busy seasons.

Can't wait to see you all there on July 6!

Like Lizz said earlier, being a SA is definitely on my bucket list! I was just curious if there are many middle aged SA or is it mainly a young folks thing? (I'm not getting any younger!!) :(

First, I am glad to hear that you are interested in being a SA and its important enough for you to be one that its on your bucket list. As for your question of age, my first year I did HHN, I was in Fractured Tales. The lady that played Mother Goose on my cast was 78. And last year, when I was in WoLD, half of my cast were men in their early to mid 20s and the other half were men in the 50-60 age range. Just as it has been said before, HHN is looking for male/female, tall/short, any race and any age. HHN is essentially a melting pot of the depraved. :P

there is no way of preparing, when you have to stare down the people who are auditioning you, you will forget everything. and at that moment of weakness, thats when they eat you alive.

Well, it's a good thing I'm an improv actor then!