HHN Hollywood 2010 Speculation

Well I finally just checked out the facebook page everyone was talking about.

It's not that bad. Had no idea there was 10,000 friends.

Someone should go on there and try to convert some people here! 10,000 will sure make our small little Hollywood side of the ... nightmares (almost said Vault) seem huge!

And I don't see this Ruben guy making all that much of a fuss, unless he deleted all his stuff.

But it's good to see we're not the only ones camping out waiting for info.

... saying that just makes me feel like such a nerd... over a theme park... and it's news...

Yeah that's cool that they got so much fans but before on hnn the Hollywood side was even more smaller but I wish we had more attention then big brother ( Orlando) Im talking about the Robert guy that was w taunting me and leeray but like grindhouse said to fuck them.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patience guys, I'm about to leave this morning to Universal to get some construction info. I won't be able to take pictures but I can describe what i see. Hopefully by the time I get back they'll announce that stupid maze already!

Yeah that's cool that they got so much fans but before on hnn the Hollywood side was even more smaller but I wish we had more attention then big brother ( Orlando) Im talking about the Robert guy that was w taunting me and leeray but like grindhouse said to fuck them.

well it's about time. jk, I just thought it would be funny if I put the same pic as the guy on FB. Trust, its not me, sorry.

In other news, according to Murdy, expect something in the next 3 hours.

well it's about time. jk, I just thought it would be funny if I put the same pic as the guy on FB. Trust, its not me, sorry.

Where'd you see three hours at? At this point it seems like we're at the whim of AOL now. I wonder what exactly they're waiting for at this point.

Well I can honestly say that I never saw that coming.

I really didn't enjoy that movie, but hopefully the maze will provide a more memorable experience. I'm interested in trying out a 3D maze, it'll be fun to experiment with. I wonder what sort of effects they'll utilize in a maze? I know other parks have attempted it, but I've heard pretty mixed opinions about it. Given that Universal usually invests a bit more cash into their mazes then most parks, I'm hoping they really kick that shit up a notch and deliver something no one has really experienced before.

Edited by Halloween Blues

I really hope this is a good maze, but I want to be scared by the actors, not with some image coming towards me from the wall. lets just hope the other mazes are way better than this, and hopefully this one is in the shrek queue

I really hope this is a good maze, but I want to be scared by the actors, not with some image coming towards me from the wall. lets just hope the other mazes are way better than this, and hopefully this one is in the shrek queue

I think Universal, more so then most places, relies heavily on the talent of the scare actors. So I don't think they'd replace them with effects. My hope is that the 3D aspect is used to enhance the atmosphere of the maze. I wonder if you can apply 3D effects to their make-up? That'd be trippy to have a live face coming at you all distorted by 3D effects.

Well at least we know something about the event, I am looking forward to seeing how this maze is going to differ from the 2000 version aside from the 3d aspects. So do you think the scare zones will have something in common with the characters from the film? The list of scare zone names announced earlier that referenced medical conditions could be a part of Dr. Satan's experiments.

Edited by fallvictim21

I'v been reading some reviews of 3d mazes and ppl are sayng that they didnt even notice the actors. the actors were getting stepped on and everything.

Would it possible for you to link them? I'm interested in seeing what people have thought of prior ones.

If that's the case though, here's hoping that Universal has learned from those people's mistakes and will improve upon them. Universal does have some of the best 3D attractions as well, so it'll be interesting to see how their experience from rides like Kong 360 and Terminator 3D influence how they construct the maze.

hold up this sounds wrong Unless Murdy double lied he said he never do a 3D maze because because of the Cheesyness of it and they said Rob was just a judge for the Short Film compatition and beside House of 1000 corpses what (and Devil rejects are the exact same character) there nothing else we can use from him So im confused as hell

Edit Nm its legit but like Murdy said its not the theme nor main maze

so 1 maze = HOTC

Edited by Grindhousehero13

hold up this sounds wrong Unless Murdy double lied he said he never do a 3D maze because because of the Cheesyness of it and they said Rob was just a judge for the Short Film compatition and beside House of 1000 corpses what (and Devil rejects are the exact same character) there nothing else we can use from him So im confused as hell

EDIT: Nevermind, I get what you were saying now.

Edited by Halloween Blues

so thats 1 out of 5 we got 2 other studio properties paramount did HOTC right? I look up Horror Movies under Paramount to see what else could be the other 2

PS I hope the maze is like this

Edit: never mind a made a BOOBOO Its Lion's gate which scares the crap out of me now SAW better not show up again hold on I just put 2 and 2 togather the lower lot maze is the home of "DR SATAN!!!!!!!"

ok other Lions Gate Movie that could be a Maze

1.Darkness Falls

2. The Descent

3. Hostil

4. Skinwalkers

5. Daybreakers

now I know its a shoty list but these are the only Films that I reckognize all the other Horror (Minus SAW and MBV) are weird obscure one these are just the ones I remeber being in theater unless were doing another multi studio year

so thats 1 out of 5 we got 2 other studio properties paramount did HOTC right? I look up Horror Movies under Paramount to see what else could be the other 2

PS I hope the maze is like this

Edit: never mind a made a BOOBOO Its Lion's gate which scares the crap out of me now SAW better not show up again hold on I just put 2 and 2 togather the lower lot maze is the home of "DR SATAN!!!!!!!"

I actually wouldn't mind a Dr. Satan scare zone, that whole scene where she stumbles into his underground lab or whatever it was, generally freaked me the hell out.

ok other Lions Gate Movie that could be a Maze

1.Darkness Falls

2. The Descent

3. Hostil

4. Skinwalkers

5. Daybreakers

now I know its a shoty list but these are the only Films that I reckognize all the other Horror (Minus SAW and MBV) are weird obscure one these are just the ones I remeber being in theater unless were doing another multi studio year

I would love a Descent maze, it'd be sweet having an experience where you seemingly go deeper and further down into a cave inhabited by blood thirsty humanoid creatures. Sadly, I believe Mr. Murdy has never seen that movie, so I doubt he'd make a maze based on a movie he's never seen. :(

So I wasn't able to make it to Universal today.. that's the problem of having one half of a two person group having work on that evening, and being two hours away, I couldn't be able to have much time to do anything there. It makes me really sad...

But... House of a 1000 Corpses? Isn't that practically a repeat in itself? I'm hoping that's not the lower lot maze..

In related news, Westcoaster posted their update for the park... and although the normal spots such as Wild Wild West and Shrek 4D queue aren't very visible, the lower lot is coming together. You can see photos of continued construction, plus some shots of the work area. It looks like there's a chimney in the work area, and some purple colored wallpaper in ending scenes and dark colored wall colorings in the possible exit.

So I wasn't able to make it to Universal today.. that's the problem of having one half of a two person group having work on that evening, and being two hours away, I couldn't be able to have much time to do anything there. It makes me really sad...

But... House of a 1000 Corpses? Isn't that practically a repeat in itself? I'm hoping that's not the lower lot maze..

In related news, Westcoaster posted their update for the park... and although the normal spots such as Wild Wild West and Shrek 4D queue aren't very visible, the lower lot is coming together. You can see photos of continued construction, plus some shots of the work area. It looks like there's a chimney in the work area, and some purple colored wallpaper in ending scenes and dark colored wall colorings in the possible exit.

I can bet its HOTC cant wait im all giddy I hope the 3D's not like knotts though, but I hope its just HOTC I love that movie but Devils Rejects was kinda dumb IMO