Shot Girls Out of Work & Other 2017 Observations

Cloves

Hi all, so reporting from the streets of hhn27, first no more shot girls/nurses selling packets of liquor while on line. I can imagine the pc police are responsible for this. Now all these poor shot girls are unemployed.

Second, i always pick up one of the souvenir cups and get a Long Island Iced Tea. The cups this year are square and they only come with this terrible garbage juice and I can already see that people are not getting as much of it as they used to and the lines for alcohol at the bars are not as long as either. 

Now your best bet is to go to Finnegans for a real drink or there's another bar by the Alien Invasion scare Zone (Chez Alcatraz)

Hi Cloves!  I did see a lot of middle aged guys strolling with the old blood bag cart on wheels.  True, it had souvenir popcorn handing from it instead of blood bags, but at least those guys had a job.  Could have done without them being dressed in skimpy nurse costumes, though...  I might be remembering that last part wrong.

I kinda liked the juices even though the alcohol content is about 0.01%, so I bought refills because it wasn't much more than buying a bottled juice, and it came with ice.  But I never went for the alcohol anyway.

I’m sort of upset about the liquor bars being limited this year. I’m 34 and have been going to HHN for as long as I could remember. Since I have been 21 having some drinks with friends has always been part of the HHN fun for us. We never got out of control. We never got sick. We always took taxis to and from the park. We just had fun. I’m older now- and I can’t drink like I used to, but I still enjoy having drinks in between houses.  My wife calls me Danny tanner cause I always have every house and show mapped out so we hit them all with our fast passes, and I also make time for eating and having drinks. I’ve never felt so nervous to go to HHN. How bad are the wait times for liquor drinks on the weekend? I wonder why they did this. I read mike’s statement, but I still don’t understand. This year has just been weird from the reveals- end of bill and ted- end of shot girls- limited liquor. Somethings up, and i’ve Got a bad feeling about this. 

@zombieman lol good stuff right there!

@GODFATHRxx on all 4 nights I was there, nearly zero lines at the bars. Finnegan's and Alcatraz bar had lines but they weren't too bad. I left my Square souvenir cup home after the first night and just got normal drinks at one of those two bars. I don't know what the universal reasoning was behind the route they went, we were also thinking that now they didn't need an actual bartender and could just hire anybody over 21 to serve the stuff but that's just a theory on how they're saving money. Garbage juice lol. 

Edited by Cloves

1 hour ago, Cloves said:

Didn't know they had a drink pass, lol. 

Only 3 bars, where did you see that? Hmm i saw at least 3. 

I read that on another forum. When I say full bar I mean one where I can get some whiskey or bourbon- even if it’s that crap well evan williams. Lol. 

Why did USF eliminate liquor mixed drinks at the pop up bars?

Follow the money.  If you run a bar the number one way to lose money is by not controlling the pour.  Accuracy of pouring exactly 1.5 oz per shot will make or break you if your actually pouring 2oz shots.  If youre pouring 1 oz shots youre ripping off your customer.  (I dont think US cares about short pours)  When you allow a bartender to pour drinks on the fly you are letting the bartender control the pour.  So, if you remove mixed drinks to two specific locations you have a couple of well trained bartenders.  At the rest of the pop up bars you only let them sell controlled drinks.  Beer and wine being the easiest, but the specialty drinks are premixed (controlled) before they are brought to the pop up bar.  And, yes, as mentioned they are extremely weak.

I will never understand why US (the entire place) charges for premium drinks and sells you the cheapest bottom shelf alcohol they possibly can.  I'm looking at you Margaritaville.

Another 2 pro tips:  Do not order doubles.  You do not get 3 oz in your drink.  You will almost ALWAYS get a short pour on the 2nd shot.

Do not order 2 drinks at once.  They will make them in the same shaker and just like that double, you'll get shorted.   This goes for almost any bar who is sketchy.

30 minutes ago, Ueeediot said:

Why did USF eliminate liquor mixed drinks at the pop up bars?

Follow the money.  If you run a bar the number one way to lose money is by not controlling the pour.  Accuracy of pouring exactly 1.5 oz per shot will make or break you if your actually pouring 2oz shots.  If youre pouring 1 oz shots youre ripping off your customer.  (I dont think US cares about short pours)  When you allow a bartender to pour drinks on the fly you are letting the bartender control the pour.  So, if you remove mixed drinks to two specific locations you have a couple of well trained bartenders.  At the rest of the pop up bars you only let them sell controlled drinks.  Beer and wine being the easiest, but the specialty drinks are premixed (controlled) before they are brought to the pop up bar.  And, yes, as mentioned they are extremely weak.

I will never understand why US (the entire place) charges for premium drinks and sells you the cheapest bottom shelf alcohol they possibly can.  I'm looking at you Margaritaville.

Another 2 pro tips:  Do not order doubles.  You do not get 3 oz in your drink.  You will almost ALWAYS get a short pour on the 2nd shot.

Do not order 2 drinks at once.  They will make them in the same shaker and just like that double, you'll get shorted.   This goes for almost any bar who is sketchy.

Doubles do not cost 2x the price of the single drink though, so if it is not exactly 3oz, you are still coming out ahead.

35 minutes ago, N i c k said:

so if it is not exactly 3oz, you are still coming out ahead.

I have to disagree with this.  The posted price is for a double shot.  If you are shorting me on that second shot, that's not what I've paid for.

If a shot costs $9 and a drink costs $11 and a double costs $18, then yes, it is 2x the price of the single.