HHN 2017 Wishful Thinking

While I would most definitely love to see the return of B&T (one can dream), I wouldn't mind seeing the Academy of Villains show come to Hollywood.  The way they catered that show specifically to HHN was spot-on.   Was totally expecting it to be a huge fail.  Never been happier to be so wrong.

Knowing we won't get B&T back, how about a Brian Brushwood or 20 Penny Circus type show in the Special Effects theater and an Academy of Villains type of show in the Plaza?  We need more people eaters like that.  

But I have a feeling a long term contract was signed with Jabb-O-my-God-they-suck-so-much-I-need-to-take-a-long-walk-eez.  So we have that to look forward to.

Academy of Villains (a dance crew who fit HHN) or 20 penny circus would be hell of a lot better I don't get why a long term contract would be made with jabba-flunkies if they are gonna be the same shit... or even a b&t type show that roast the year and such... it's gonna be 4 years and I still understand why firing the writers,  apologize, and starting fresh the next year was more acceptable than sweeping everything under the rug. Conversations help stop hate not pretending it doesn't exists. 

Well, funny you guys mention that...

Remember last year when I told you about UCB presenting Bill & Ted's Spooky Halloween Adventure?

Well, they did it again this year.

Make sure to check in 2017.  They will no doubt do it again.

I still have the audio recording I made on my phone for the 2015 show.  It was really a lot of fun and while super low-tech was surprisingly high-tech for a one night show.  It had the feel of a real B&T show (minus the huge dance numbers and pyro).  

And unlike the real B&T show they can say and do just about anything (and you can actually understand them).

Edited by zombieman

Cabin in the Woods as the Terror Tram 

The cabin facade/"indoor" portion on the parking lot in front of the Bates Motel with the hillbilly zombie family. Then go through the WOTW set and have a ton of different kind of monsters. End it in two possible pathways like they did this year, with the elevator scene right before getting on the tram. 

The Conjuring

I need to see this property at HHN already! Now that the Crooked Man and Nun have been introduced, I think there's more than enough material.

American Horror Story (Seasons 2,3,6) 

Agree with everyone this is a given. Regardless of the complaints Knotts got this year, there's no way Murdy would pass on doing Asylum. We've had so many asylum based rooms at HHN, I highly doubt they would care. It's not offending the LGBT community and no guest would be called a slut in AHS, so we should be fine. Lol 

Ash vs Evil Dead 

I had so much fun watching season 1, and I hear season 2 is just as good if not better. Murdy needs to redeem this property. This maze would be so god damn GROOVY. 

Killer Klowns from Outerspace 3D

I would be so happy if they ever did this but I know it's unlikely. I've asked Aiello on Twitter and he said he'd love to do it someday, but I've never seen John mention this property. It would be the perfect 3D house! 

Friday the 13th 

I know this remake has been in development hell for quite a while, but last I've read the producer has said they plan on releasing this by mid 2017. If so, I'd love to see Jason back. If we can have Michael Myers more than one year, why not bring back the best slasher for a second go around? 

Trick R Treat 

I think we actually have a good shot at seeing this next year. I don't think the sequel is being released until 2018, but it would be awesome to see the first movie as a maze and then have a sequel house when the new movie drops. Fingers crossed! 

TWD 

Add a *TV SPOILER - BE WARNED* Glenn prop at the end with a Negan actor scare as the finale and I would instantly love this maze. Lol

Academy of the Villains 

Absolutely loved this show in Orlando (I watched it each night I went for the 4 nights). These dancers are so energetic and seem much more passionate than the Jabbawokeez. 

Phil and Seth's Fantastic Halloween Adventure

Who needs Bill and Ted when you have Phil and Seth, an all new pop culture comedy show! =]

Edited by Arsik_22

45 minutes ago, Arsik_22 said:

Cabin in the Woods as the Terror Tram 

The cabin facade/"indoor" portion on the parking lot in front of the Bates Motel with the hillbilly zombie family. Then go through the WOTW set and have a ton of different kind of monsters. End it in two possible pathways like they did this year, with the elevator scene right before getting on the tram. 

The Conjuring

I need to see this property at HHN already! Now that the Crooked Man and Nun have been introduced, I think there's more than enough material.

American Horror Story (Seasons 2,3,5) 

Agree with everyone this is a given. Regardless of the complaints Knotts got this year, there's no way Murdy would pass on doing Asylum. We've had so many asylum based rooms at HHN, I highly doubt they would care. It's not offending the LGBT community and no guest would be called a slut in AHS, so we should be fine. Lol 

Ash vs Evil Dead 

I had so much fun watching season 1, and I hear season 2 is just as good if not better. Murdy needs to redeem this property. This maze would be so god damn GROOVY. 

Killer Klowns from Outerspace 3D

I would be so happy if they ever did this but I know it's unlikely. I've asked Aiello on Twitter and he said he'd love to do it someday, but I've never seen John mention this property. It would be the perfect 3D house! 

Friday the 13th 

I know this remake has been in development hell for quite a while, but last I've read the producer has said they plan on releasing this by mid 2017. If so, I'd love to see Jason back. If we can have Michael Myers more than one year, why not bring back the best slasher for a second go around? 

Trick R Treat 

I think we actually have a good shot at seeing this next year. I don't think the sequel is being released until 2018, but it would be awesome to see the first movie as a maze and then have a sequel house when the new movie drops. Fingers crossed! 

TWD 

Add a *TV SPOILER - BE WARNED* Glenn prop at the end with a Negan actor scare as the finale and I would instantly love this maze. Lol

Academy of the Villains 

Absolutely loved this show in Orlando (I watched it each night I went for the 4 nights). These dancers are so energetic and seem much more passionate than the Jabbawokeez. 

Phil and Seth's Fantastic Halloween Adventure

Who needs Bill and Ted when you have Phil and Seth, an all new pop culture comedy show! =]

You mean AHS (Seasons 2,3,6)?

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I'd just really love an Ash vs. Evil Dead maze, or maybe even one of the original Evil Dead mazes (even though The Evil Dead has been done). If they sealed one of those I would be absolutely content. 

Others I'd like to see:

- Trick R Treat

- The Conjuring

- The Babadook

- Cabin in The Woods

***Possible TWD spoiler***

I, too, would also love to see them add a Negan scareactor to TWD's attraction. 

8 minutes ago, Psycho_Bates said:

If it happens for there 20th HHN Hollywood they could have a house theme to Hollywood Harry.

Depends on how the CD at that time feels about icons and celebrating anniversaries. 2015 was our 10th year and John didn't do anything for it unlike Orlando. But if that were to happen it wouldn't be for another 9 years a lot can change in that time and unless Hollywood Harry sticks around for all that time he'll probably be forgotten 

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin in the Woods would be interesting as the Terror Tram, as long as it's not zombie. I'm so glad they started looking at other things to do on the Tram besides zombies.

For the tram though what would be cool is something like "Tales from the Crypt," each set is a different story.

As for houses, CitW would be great.

Hellraiser can be brutal, they can do the house from the first, or the Cenobites world from the second one.

And the one I really want and will never get, Bioshock.

I will note more than likely we will get a house based around "The Mummy" reboot.

10 hours ago, HHNBookworm said:

Cabin in the Woods would be interesting as the Terror Tram, as long as it's not zombie. I'm so glad they started looking at other things to do on the Tram besides zombies.

For the tram though what would be cool is something like "Tales from the Crypt," each set is a different story.

As for houses, CitW would be great.

Hellraiser can be brutal, they can do the house from the first, or the Cenobites world from the second one.

And the one I really want and will never get, Bioshock.

I will note more than likely we will get a house based around "The Mummy" reboot.

Like a canon prequel to the reboot?

I haven't had time to read all the posts yet and this is the first time I've been on the forum since the event, but I think that Resident Evil 7 could make a great maze, and in my mind it seems likely. Murdy has been saying he's already started picking properties, and since RE is coming out this month it would make sense if it were on his radar. Also, there's going to be an escape room in London based on the game, so it's clearly possible to make a maze out of it. Don't know if Murdy would be willing to try out video game IPs again but if he is, this would be a good one to attempt.

• 2 weeks later...
On November 9, 2016 at 2:48 AM, plaguexdoctor said:

Just a little wish list of mine (: 

Jeepers Creepers - It'd be cool to see it as Terror Tram. Scarecrow farmers with chainsaws and a cornfield maze! 

I totally agree, Jeepers Creepers would be incredible as the Terror Tram or as a maze (with the House of Pain, bodies covering the walls, etc) but Murdy will never do it due to the child molestation scandal behind the movie's director :/

• 2 weeks later...