- Blumhouse Mashup

- The Shining

- Jigsaw

- Ash vs Evil Dead(Evil Dead 1 & 2)

- Bayou Of Blood

- Gothicombs

- Scarecrow House set in the Dust Bowl

- Vampire maze with Conjuring aesthetics 

I think Coven was a great season of AHS, but it has very little to work with besides LaLaurie's attic and the occasional hell scenes. Personally, I think that if they could make Freak Show scary they could easily make Coven horrifying *I really wish it was just a solo Asylum or Roanoke maze though*

I really did enjoy the Coven season of AHS and I think it has a pretty good potential too. After just getting back from New Orleans I'd love to see how much they put into that section of the house. I want to feel completely immersed in both of the Voodoo type properties we have this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKDean19 said:

I really did enjoy the Coven season of AHS and I think it has a pretty good potential too. After just getting back from New Orleans I'd love to see how much they put into that section of the house. I want to feel completely immersed in both of the Voodoo type properties we have this year.

tumblr_n1tkppq7hj1ra4dyqo1_500.gif

This guy needs to be in there, he scares the bejeezus out of me. 

• Like 4

On 6/23/2017 at 5:02 PM, Xtine said:

Oh cool! Now you have to tell my some of your favourites. We went to Hellsgate in Chicago last year and were quite impressed. There was one that just started in our city and it wasn't bad either. I'd love to do a tour of some other haunts although I lean towards enjoy more of a gothic/scary atmosphere compared to gory. I think I like HHN because it's so immersive-- having the whole park (or most of it) involved just makes it so much fun. Plus we are theme park people as well so it's just a great trip overall for us.

We travel from Chicago for multiple HHN weekends every year.  We've been doing this since 2005.  It is, hands down, my favorite event and my favorite time of year.  We are fortunate to have a family condo in the area which allows us to do the multiple thing.  FYI - for those traveling, if you ever want to do multiple weekends like that, I would highly recommend looking into renting a condo in the Kissimmee area (only 20 mins to the park).  You can get them VERY cheap at that time of year. 

Just had to comment about Hell's Gate - it's a GREAT haunt.  The guy who owns/runs it is a friend of mine, and he's one of the smartest, kindest, weirdest people I know.  I just love him.  We were thrilled when Hell's Gate finally opened as it has been a labor of love for him for a few years.  He also runs Statesville Prison haunt which is about 10-15 mins drive from Hell's Gate.  I would highly recommend both haunts.  

On 6/23/2017 at 6:39 PM, Xtine said:

I am still trying to figure out how to make touring haunts a full time job.. maybe one day when i am retired it can be my hobby. We did make it to the haunt show in St. Louis this year.. quite a fun event. You guys are lucky to live in the US where it's a more common thing. We don't have many in Canada... but we have scary escape rooms so that is at least something.

If you'd like another scary escape room when you come in for HHN, please come visit us at www.dare2escape.com  I dare you to play The Asylum.  We are going to be running discounts for all our Nightmares friends during HHN.  This invite goes to ALL of you.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

We travel from Chicago for multiple HHN weekends every year.  We've been doing this since 2005.  It is, hands down, my favorite event and my favorite time of year.  We are fortunate to have a family condo in the area which allows us to do the multiple thing.  FYI - for those traveling, if you ever want to do multiple weekends like that, I would highly recommend looking into renting a condo in the Kissimmee area (only 20 mins to the park).  You can get them VERY cheap at that time of year. 

Just had to comment about Hell's Gate - it's a GREAT haunt.  The guy who owns/runs it is a friend of mine, and he's one of the smartest, kindest, weirdest people I know.  I just love him.  We were thrilled when Hell's Gate finally opened as it has been a labor of love for him for a few years.  He also runs Statesville Prison haunt which is about 10-15 mins drive from Hell's Gate.  I would highly recommend both haunts.  

If you'd like another scary escape room when you come in for HHN, please come visit us at www.dare2escape.com  I dare you to play The Asylum.  We are going to be running discounts for all our Nightmares friends during HHN.  This invite goes to ALL of you.

You're involved with that? Dang, had no idea. Yes, if you like scary things, try their rooms. I'm a fan of the family-friendly one myself, not so much the other ones, but that's just because I'm a wuss who only openly likes being scared at HHN, lol. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

oooo.. why thank you! i'd love to check it out. we're ER owners too and we must run in the same circles then... we toured hellsgate with the last escape room conf. in chicago. had the pleasure of meeting some zombie army ppl. you can certainly tell what they were doing with a life long dream and a labour of love. it was so inspiring! we're working on a new escape room facility in Toronto and plan to open Sept/Oct.. therefore not much time for fun but we made the last minute decision to go to HHN because after all this work, it's nice to have a little something to look forward to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

So how exactly does the scary escape room work? I have done escape rooms and I enjoy HHN, so it seems like something I would enjoy, but I don't quite understand how it would work.

4 minutes ago, N i c k said:

So how exactly does the scary escape room work? I have done escape rooms and I enjoy HHN, so it seems like something I would enjoy, but I don't quite understand how it would work.

We have a room called The Asylum, and we promote the fact that we can alter the "scare" level from 1-10 based on what the customer wants.  We've got some good effects in that room, not to mention an extremely immersive set design (we had one of our friends from Universal A&D help us with the set, so I'm not joking or bragging).  We also have one called The Ringmaster which isn't scary like the Asylum, but it's creepy.  If you go to our website and watch the videos, you'll see.  Haunt fans love our rooms.  It would be great to have our Nightmares family come and play.

55 minutes ago, Xtine said:

oooo.. why thank you! i'd love to check it out. we're ER owners too and we must run in the same circles then... we toured hellsgate with the last escape room conf. in chicago. had the pleasure of meeting some zombie army ppl. you can certainly tell what they were doing with a life long dream and a labour of love. it was so inspiring! we're working on a new escape room facility in Toronto and plan to open Sept/Oct.. therefore not much time for fun but we made the last minute decision to go to HHN because after all this work, it's nice to have a little something to look forward to.

We were at the same conference and same tour.  It's possible we talked to each other and didn't even know it.

Owner to owner - if you want to play our room when you're in town, please private message me

1 hour ago, Alice said:

You're involved with that? Dang, had no idea. Yes, if you like scary things, try their rooms. I'm a fan of the family-friendly one myself, not so much the other ones, but that's just because I'm a wuss who only openly likes being scared at HHN, lol. 

THANK YOU Alice!  You really should play The Ringmaster at least.. you could handle it.. maybe. :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

We have a room called The Asylum, and we promote the fact that we can alter the "scare" level from 1-10 based on what the customer wants.  We've got some good effects in that room, not to mention an extremely immersive set design (we had one of our friends from Universal A&D help us with the set, so I'm not joking or bragging).  We also have one called The Ringmaster which isn't scary like the Asylum, but it's creepy.  If you go to our website and watch the videos, you'll see.  Haunt fans love our rooms.  It would be great to have our Nightmares family come and play.

We were at the same conference and same tour.  It's possible we talked to each other and didn't even know it.

Owner to owner - if you want to play our room when you're in town, please private message me

THANK YOU Alice!  You really should play The Ringmaster at least.. you could handle it.. maybe. :)

Same goes if you're ever in Toronto!!

I'd love to check it out. We're travelling with our kids and are already planning to leave them for 1 evening for HHN so I'll need to see what we can do about them but it would be really fun!!

I am sure we met and talked.. hahah. small world!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Just had to comment about Hell's Gate - it's a GREAT haunt.  The guy who owns/runs it is a friend of mine, and he's one of the smartest, kindest, weirdest people I know.  I just love him.  We were thrilled when Hell's Gate finally opened as it has been a labor of love for him for a few years.  He also runs Statesville Prison haunt which is about 10-15 mins drive from Hell's Gate.  I

Im ashamed to say this... but Ive never been to either of those haunts.... and Im SO CLOSE!!!! Dont be hate meeeeeee!!!!

We have a room called The Asylum, and we promote the fact that we can alter the "scare" level from 1-10 based on what the customer wants.  We've got some good effects in that room, not to mention an extremely immersive set design (we had one of our friends from Universal A&D help us with the set, so I'm not joking or bragging).  

I've been thinking of something cool to surprise my boyfriend with for his birthday, while we are in Orlando in August.   He would love this!  I will def be booking :)

• Like 1

I'm going down the 1st week of Oct for HHN. I will have to check with my wife and see if she'd like to go. This sounds really fun.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ttshowbiz said:

So there is no longer speculation that there is going to be an Icon maze? I know at one point it was rumored. 

Just bought my rush of fear ticket today! Is it September yet :-)

I think speculation is up in the air because NOTHING is being announced. Leaks or no leaks, we're still pretty much in the dark

So since we don't have much to speculate on until the next announcement.. Is there anyone on here who also goes to the Hollywood one?  I was just wondering how they compare since I have only attended Orlando.  

2 minutes ago, elhev said:

So since we don't have much to speculate on until the next announcement.. Is there anyone on here who also goes to the Hollywood one?  I was just wondering how they compare since I have only attended Orlando.  

They're very different; Besides sharing IP's their mazes are usually different and they usually have one or two exclusive IP houses(this year they have Insidious and Leatherface or The Thing). It looks like the only Icon house(s) would be if the unused icons are the icons this year, which would make Bayou of Blood and the Scarecrow house Icon mazes.

3 minutes ago, wow said:

They're very different; Besides sharing IP's their mazes are usually different and they usually have one or two exclusive IP houses(this year they have Insidious and Leatherface or The Thing). It looks like the only Icon house(s) would be if the unused icons are the icons this year, which would make Bayou of Blood and the Scarecrow house Icon mazes.

Yea I was showing a friend a video of the  AHS maze and I didn't realize I had clicked on a walk through of the Hollywood one and it was noticeably different.  How is the terror tram? I've seen some videos, it looks really cool.  I'd love to be able to go to both.  

7 minutes ago, elhev said:

Yea I was showing a friend a video of the  AHS maze and I didn't realize I had clicked on a walk through of the Hollywood one and it was noticeably different.  How is the terror tram? I've seen some videos, it looks really cool.  I'd love to be able to go to both.  

Terror Tram is alright. It was fantastic last year with the Clown Theme but in the past like 2011-2015 it's been bad or alright. Our lineup this year is...

Mazes:

- AHS (Roanoke Only)

- The Shining

- Ash Vs Evil Dead (Based on Evil Dead 1 and 2)

- Blumhouse Mashup (Confirmed Purge, Sinister, Get Out, and more, Shared)

- Jigsaw

- Insidious (Chapter 4 Only, Hollywood Exclusive)

- Leatherface (Conjuring Replacement, Based on the new TCM Prequel, Hollywood Exclusive)

Terror Tram:

- Titans of Terror

Scare Zones:

Unknown but are Original

Edited by HHNManics

Just now, HHNManics said:

Terror Tram is alright. It was fantastic last year with the Clown Theme but in the past like 2011-2015 it's been bad or alright. Our lineup this year is...

Mazes:

- AHS (Roanoke Only)

- The Shining

- Ash Vs Evil Dead (Based on Evil Dead 1 and 2)

- Blumhouse Mashup (Confirmed Purge, Sinister, Get Out, and more, Shared)

- Jigsaw

- Insidious (Chapter 4 Only, Hollywood Exclusive)

- Leatherface (Conjuring Replacement, Based on the new TCM Prequel, Hollywood Exclusive)

Terror Tram:

- Titans of Terror

Scare Zones:

Unknown but are Original

So are Orlando and Hollywood's AvED mazes both gonna be based off of the first two movies, or is Hollywoods based off the movies and Orlandos on the show?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, elhev said:

One big difference between the 2 is that Orlando sells alcohol at the event and Hollywood doesn't. Not to sound like an alcoholic (I only drink on occasions) , but I like to have a few drinks while walking around HHN and I think it's foolish of them to not sell alcohol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

One big difference between the 2 is that Orlando sells alcohol at the event and Hollywood doesn't. Not to sound like an alcoholic (I only drink on occasions) , but I like to have a few drinks while walking around HHN and I think it's foolish of them to not sell alcohol. 

I will say in 2013 when it was all TWD all over, alcohol helped me get a little more enjoyment out of the scarezones being nothing but zombies. Having the van stop next to me and unload zombies was cool.

5 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

LOL yes I was wanting to ask that too.  I'm not a big drinker but it is pretty damn fun to have a few drinks and get chased by a man wielding a chain saw.  Also going on the roller coaster is a pretty cool experience too.  I know some people say they have issues with "drunkards" but I went on possibly the most crowded night of the year last year and I didn't see anyone belligerently drunk or anything.  

Edited by elhev

2 minutes ago, elhev said:

LOL yes I was wanting to ask that too.  I'm not a big drinker but it is pretty damn fun to have a few drinks and get chased by a man wielding a chain saw.  Also going on the roller coaster is a pretty cool experience too.  I know some people say they have issues with "drunkards" but I went on possibly the most crowded night of the year last year and I didn't see anyone belligerently drunk or anything.  

Another big difference between Orlando and Hollywood is that Hollywood rarely has original mazes

1 hour ago, elhev said:

I live in So Cal and have attended all Hollywood HHNs since 1992 and all Orlando HHNs since 2004.

They are very different events, and I have posted a lot here about the differences.

• Hollywood has had years with no HHN (1987-1991, 1993-1996, 2001-2005)
  • Hollywood technically had the very first HHN in 1986.  An employee was crushed to death by tram on that night.  
  • When Hollywood rebooted HHN in 2006, it only had three haunted attractions: its permanent Haunt attraction (House of Horrors), Terror Tram, and one house built just for HHN (Asylum)
  • Hollywood almost never has originals, especially since 2006.
  • Hollywood is a dry event
  • Hollywood sells out very often.  Tiny park and super crowded
  • A fraction of the walking compared to Orlando. 
  • Hollywood has only one show, and it sucks
  • Hollywood is not into icons.  They have only reused Orlando icons, to not great effect.  The Director had a completely different backstory for Hollywood and was entirely absent from event other than marketing materials in 2006.  Jack was moderately successful, but never got his own show. 
  • Hollywood has been the target of Social Justice Warriors who are deeply offended by HHN themes.  They successfully got Bill & Ted show banished, as well as a face character that insults the crowds.  Both of these are alive and well in Orlando, because California is populated with whack nuts.  Contrary to what John Murdy is saying, Hollywood is not having AHS Asylum this year because SJWs attacked haunts last year that used any theme having to do with mental disabilities.  So Hollywood will lay off AHS Asylum theme for a couple of years.  
  • Hollywood has an HHN version of the Tram Tour - think of it as a massive linear scarezone
  • Hollywood is almost all tents.  One SS has been used only a few times recently (several SS way back in the day)
  • Hollywood has tiny scarezones - which are about the only place you see non IP themes
  • Hollywood "Express Pass" actually works - very few sold so those lines are walk-on
  • Houses with same IP are executed VERY differently between the coasts.  Orlando's version is better about 70% of the time.  I think FVJ was the most drastically different presentation of the same IP.  Then was Dracula Untold, where Hollywood stuck to the script and Orlando was more of a generic presentation.  Hollywood even included Baba Yaga character that was later dropped from final film.
  • Example: AWIL, FVJ, AVP, Dracula Untold Orlando was far better.  Exorcist, Insidious, Halloween II Hollywood was far better.
  • Some Hollywood IP houses never made it to Orlando: My Bloody Valentine, This is the End, House of 1000 Corpses)
  • Some Orlando IP houses never made it to Hollywood: Cabin in the Woods, Doomsday, Resident Evil
  • Hollywood very big into scrims (lighting effect where a wall disappears and scene behind it is exposed)
  • Hollywood has a 3D house about every other year.
  • Hollywood almost never has bungee scares, and no vortex tunnels since HoH was removed
  • Hollywood uses putrid smells more than Orlando.
  • Hollywood uses hanging bodies, heads, pigs, sacks, etc WAY TOO MUCH.  Half the houses typically use these.
  • Hollywood has never used the catwalk effect
  • Hollywood has a year round haunted attraction that is used for HHN (used to be House of Horrors; now Walking Dead attraction), which means Hollywood will continue to have TWD for the foreseeable future....
Edited by zombieman
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I honestly don't think I could handle HHN stone cold sober. I'm way too on edge! I tried one night this past year, and I was way too aware of all of the scareactors in the scarezones. I just wish is wasn't so expensive to drink! 

• Like 3