HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

11 hours ago, HHNManics said:

It's hard to determine the actual location of this prop. The tents have several entrances/exits. Example: the facade for Poe was in a different location than the facade for Halloween. The tent areas have traditionally be used for prop/scenic staging areas for all three locations (Sprung 1, Sprung 2, and Parade). If memory serves, the tobacco leaves for Roanoke were initially spotted near Tent 1. 

Judging by by the distance from the entrance seen and the proximity to the fence, this may simply be a prop that is staged for insertion into another maze. There doesn't appear to be enough room between the fence and the traditional queue area for express. 

My best guess for the actual placement of the prop is near the entrance used for Poe and not for Halloween. 

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

I still think that looks like a prop from Lair of the Banshee.

I think it totally is!! Remember, they brought them out not to long ago for the youtube convention thing that rented out the park. Maybe with all the prop work being down, it is simply being held there so it doesn't get in the way of moving out props that need to get used this year. I can't see them reusing it so soon as a big part of a house facade. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gambit said:

I still think that looks like a prop from Lair of the Banshee.

1 hour ago, Badge said:

I think it totally is!! Remember, they brought them out not to long ago for the youtube convention thing that rented out the park. Maybe with all the prop work being down, it is simply being held there so it doesn't get in the way of moving out props that need to get used this year. I can't see them reusing it so soon as a big part of a house facade. 

I think I'll agree with you guys on this. I pulled an image from Google ft Dr. Jimmy and they definitely do look very similar.hqdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, zacVStheworld said:

So I just saw a trailer for a new Blumhouse movie called "Happy Death Day". Based on the speculation of the Blumhouse Mashup house that might be coming to Orlando, do you think the new movie will have a part in the house? Because I could see it fitting.  

Its a possibility but I don't think it will be,  I mean it's got a creepy mask and and from what it looks like pretty good environments (dorm room/hospital) but it will release 4 weeks in to the event and it doesn't look like it's going to be one of those movies that drive in big crowds. The movie is practically the slasher version of Groundhog Day which I do want to see. I think they have too many big name horror movies to work with but maybe they throw in a couple of scareactors with that mask just for a little promotion for the movie.

From the Hallow'd Pass:

"2004 – Castle Vampyr

The castle itself is rumored to be the Blood Shrine of an ancient race that is long feared… but of which little is known. With ornamentations gathered from all over the world, CASTLE VAMPYR is said to contain a talisman from each “house” of the breed. And this evil congregation beckons the faithful to gather every thirteen years to renew vows to a dark power that drives their insatiable thirst for immortality."

2004 + 13 = 2017

Interesting....

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

From the Hallow'd Pass:

"2004 – Castle Vampyr

The castle itself is rumored to be the Blood Shrine of an ancient race that is long feared… but of which little is known. With ornamentations gathered from all over the world, CASTLE VAMPYR is said to contain a talisman from each “house” of the breed. And this evil congregation beckons the faithful to gather every thirteen years to renew vows to a dark power that drives their insatiable thirst for immortality."

2004 + 13 = 2017

Interesting....

Nice find! Now if they actually go through with it! So maybe this Conjuring with Vampires is actually another Vampyr house of sorts. I don't see it in a sprung tent though. Thoughts?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Maybe this is one of the vampire "houses" that couldn't make it to this years event at castle vampire, so are dialling in via video conferencing? :lol:

Usually I'm not really interested in the Vampires as much but Castle Vampyr is said to be one of the best houses, I personally didn't get to see it. But if there's even a sliver of possibility I'm going to stay excited for it.

3 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

It was fantastic.

And with that I will put my hopes that we get it back this year, and I'm sure that people that appreciate the original would want a new addition that would be better than what people thought Vampyr: Blood Bath was in '07. That was my first year and I did the house but I was like 11 and don't remember all that much about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

From the Hallow'd Pass:

"2004 – Castle Vampyr

2004 + 13 = 2017

Interesting....

As much as I want this to be true because you only hear great things about Castle Vampyr, I can't see them remembering this detail or honestly caring enough about this detail to bring a new version of the house back. Maybe they wanted to but Marketing got in the way with the Conjuring IP but since that feel through, they decided to stay true to the lore of the house and bring it back but I doubt it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Badge said:

As much as I want this to be true because you only hear great things about Castle Vampyr, I can't see them remembering this detail or honestly caring enough about this detail to bring a new version of the house back. Maybe they wanted to but Marketing got in the way with the Conjuring IP but since that feel through, they decided to stay true to the lore of the house and bring it back but I doubt it.

Marketing needs to keep out of A&Ds way. Honestly. Sometimes it feels like the event is about bringing all the big names in and all the stuff that would make the big fans happy get sat on the back burner for years. I mean sure some of the IPs they bring are great but I'd like to see less and more of the original stuff.

26 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

^Well at least we're getting four original houses instead of three, rite?

It's pretty easy to tell which IPs are A&D's ideas and which ones are marketing's.

This is SO true! I mean, I am sure A&D LOVES working on some of the IP's.... just look at Halloween! However, some of them you can easily tell were forced on them and the quality of the maze really shows. When it comes to originals though, they tend to knock them out of the park...except for Chances house...I think we can all just forget about that one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

^Well at least we're getting four original houses instead of three, rite?

It's pretty easy to tell which IPs are A&D's ideas and which ones are marketing's.

You're right. I'll take four originals over last year's three and if all of the speculated originals come they sound like they all have pretty good potential! The IPs sound pretty good too though! So to me at least I'm really looking forward to this year.

40 minutes ago, Badge said:

This is SO true! I mean, I am sure A&D LOVES working on some of the IP's.... just look at Halloween! However, some of them you can easily tell were forced on them and the quality of the maze really shows. When it comes to originals though, they tend to knock them out of the park...except for Chances house...I think we can all just forget about that one.

Wait?! Chance had a house last year?!? I must've missed it every night that I went last year.

• Like 1

Think it's:

AHS

The Shining

Ash vs The Evil Dead

Blumhouse Mashup

Saw

Catacombs/Gothic crossover

Bayou of Blood

Scarecrow/Dustbowl

Vampire house

scare zones are rumoured to be:

Icon

The Purge

Festival of the Dead

50's Sci Fi

Trick r Treat

17 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Thanks man! that was FAST! Im glad your bored on your drive! LOL

Haha I'm 90 miles out of New Orleans now, I'm thankfully riding passenger so I've been listening to podcasts and staying active on here to pass all of the time! But honestly if this map/speculation checks out (which if I can remember right  most of the speculation maps I can remember are pretty accurate) this is going to be pretty solid and fun year.

Edited by MKDean19
Typo

9 minutes ago, Indyweasley said:

Vamp '74 got denied on twitter recently. 

Yeah, we've pretty much gone off of that house but the overall speculation is still a vampire house. Or did the vampires in general get tossed?