HHNH Planning & Insider Tips (The 2016 Edition)

8 hours ago, foodstampsFTW said:

I think you are going a little extreme, if you do early entry this year, you are guaranteed to do everything, so do it however you please

There is no guarantee unless you push yourself. I know of plenty of people who have done early entry, this year included, and still don't finish anything. The regular parkgoer dilly dallies around, as RPC said. They'll go in shops, eat twice, literally sit on a bench to take breaks, ride rides more than once, play midway games, etc.. and then wonder WHY they didn't get everything done or why lines are so long.

This person I know who regularly reads my tips went this weekend and their whole group decided against everything to do what they wanted to do instead. They got there at 10, did TWD first, the TT, rode Simpsons, then did TCM, Krampus, and went home. In my tips, it specifically says to make sure your friends are down with the game plan because of crap like this, but instead people don't take it seriously and just invite whoever and let whoever they invited invite other people (who oddly somehow is always someone who doesn't even wanna do mazes but came anyway).

It takes dedication, hustle, and the will to push yourself if you wanna arrive at early entry and get through everything with a group of regular people who call HHN "Fright Fest" instead. They often don't care and just wanna "go with the flow" and have fun because they have no idea that $80 event that's a "rip off" to them actually has 6 more mazes that they didn't see. People are dumb and it's my only hope that someone who takes it at least a tiny bit serious will stumble upon this board and learn what they've been doing wrong or how to get the full value of the event. 

I'm more referring to the 5:15 method of early entry. If you do that and still miss things, somethings fucking wrong with you. Also, I just assume anyone looking at these forums already is serious about doing everything and isn't a complete fool. I'll never understand why people show up without the mindset of doing everything. Like if you just came to hang out with friends, do they know how much it costs to get in, and if they come because it's supposed to be scary, don't they know there are other haunts that are cheaper. I can't even comprehend a group showing up at 10, like why did you even show up at all, you flushed your money down the toilet by coming 3 hours late, you won't be able to get much done, so it would be like you never came.

I'm flying from Orlando and will be visiting Hollywood's HHN this Sunday. Super excited! This may be a stupid question, but is there a "gameplan" or any advice for FOL-ticket holders? Is it pretty much guaranteed I'll see all the mazes, even if I'm not rushing? Orlando's Express lines can get up to 45 minutes; what about Hollywood's? I know Hollywood caps off their FOL ticket sales, but obviously that doesn't mean they didn't sell too many.

Any other advice, tips or tricks for a typical tourist visiting HHN would be much appreciated! Thanks guys!

On 10/16/2016 at 2:45 PM, RPC said:

Food breaks.......skip em if you can

We tend to eat a good meal before hand and bring energy bars with us.

I would love to use this strategy, but in my ten years at Orlando, I have never been able to sneak in any food. They always make me toss items, even as small as energy bars. Are the rules different with Hollywood or are they just less strict?

Also, I have been studying the plans in this thread and can't wait to try them out sometime in the next couple weeks. It's encouraging to see the success you have had with DTH316's guide and I plan to stick to it. 

On 10/17/2016 at 1:39 AM, foodstampsFTW said:

I'm more referring to the 5:15 method of early entry. If you do that and still miss things, somethings fucking wrong with you. Also, I just assume anyone looking at these forums already is serious about doing everything and isn't a complete fool. I'll never understand why people show up without the mindset of doing everything. Like if you just came to hang out with friends, do they know how much it costs to get in, and if they come because it's supposed to be scary, don't they know there are other haunts that are cheaper. I can't even comprehend a group showing up at 10, like why did you even show up at all, you flushed your money down the toilet by coming 3 hours late, you won't be able to get much done, so it would be like you never came.

It happens, man, it's so weird. In fact, I would say that's the agenda of the majority of people who visit! If you read any review on Yelp, Google, or Facebook, they all say the same exact thing. In fact, we used to have the Facepalm Awards for the dumbest stories we could find but at this point, since the park has gotten so popular, it's so hard to read all of them now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tich0las said:

Sure you can do everything with early entry, but not in the dark. Doing Krampus/FVJ/AHS early without anyone was fun. The main issue was light poking into the tent. After dark, those houses are much better yet have longer waits.

Biggest problem with any house in the daytime is that your eyes don't adjust till you're almost out of the maze.  

5 hours ago, zombieman said:

Biggest problem with any house in the daytime is that your eyes don't adjust till you're almost out of the maze.  

I almost like that more because it's scarier haha I think that's what made TWD last year way scarier since it was the first maze I went through 

• Like 1

Hey so I've been going through crazy times in life so I have not made it to hhn yet so plan is I'm going the last day Nov 5. I've never done the last day is there any different from going In October? is it normally busy? And does anyone know if the pin for him is still available?

15 hours ago, djevilclown said:

Hey so I've been going through crazy times in life so I have not made it to hhn yet so plan is I'm going the last day Nov 5. I've never done the last day is there any different from going In October? is it normally busy? And does anyone know if the pin for him is still available?

It should be the same, they haven't announced anything different yet. Might be less busy since it's after Halloween but who knows, these dates were announced way ahead of time. And what pin?!

1 hour ago, Darkblackrain said:

If I don't do early entry this year and choose the opening instead, will I be able to see everything? Minus the rides and TWD?

Let's do the math. By 7:15, when you will get to the backlot, the lines for the most popular mazes will be at an hour by now. Let's say you do AHS first. It'll now be 8:25 (counting time to go through the maze and any possible hold ups). FVJ will be at roughly 70ish mins. 9:45. Krampus generally has a shorter wait, prob 40-60 mins. On average, done at 10:55ish. At this point, you have to run up to Terror Tram before it closes and skip Halloween and Exorcist for now. Let's say that's a 10-15 min journey, 11:10ish. Line for that will be 35-45. On at 11:50, the attraction itself is 30-40 mins to go through depending on trams running. 12:25, you head to TCM, 70 min wait. Out at 1:45. You now have time to RUN to the lower lot and get one last maze in. This is if you don't eat or stop for snacks.

So no, you will miss 1-2, and depending how crowded it is, maybe 3 mazes. You will also definitely miss the show, depending how important that is for you. You would have better chances on a Thurs or Sunday though, but still iffy even than.

3 hours ago, djevilclown said:

Also do you guys think i need a fotl for november 5

If FOTL is still available today online, I'd say no.  Could be surprisingly crowded for final night.  But typically after Halloween attraction attendance craters.

And the pin is not really a Universal item.  It's not dated and not exclusive to Hollywood (Orlando sells same pin).  If they are gone, you can find them on E-bay and also check the Universal Orlando store online.  With so many overlapping IPs expect to see bargain basement shirts very soon.  The store will not have much left when you visit on the 5th but it will be cheap.  First check the Universal store outside the park.  Then the Universal store just inside the park.  There may be HHN merchandise in other stores as well, so keep an eye open.  This time of year, all the common shirt sizes are gone.  People snatch up all remaining stock for a song and sell it on Ebay.  Both coasts each have a unique collector pin for HHN this year, and as always, Orlando has a Passholder only HHN pin for this year as well.  The Chucky, Freddy, and Michael pins are third-party pins.

Edited by zombieman
  • Like 1

I'm hoping it won't be as packed.

Here's the strategy I've come up with for that night (Backlot, Lower Lot, Tram, WWOHP, Upper Lot). I'm hoping it works, but I'm willing to miss TWD and TCM if the line for FJ is long since those were my least two favs.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, djevilclown said:

Hey if anyone on here is going friday can you please check to see if they still have the myers pin please if not ill have to pay more on ebay. also has anyone confirmed potter being open on saturday night?

My supervisor is a lead at the Wizarding World and he confirmed it'll be open for Saturday.