The Scareactor Dining Experience

Has anybody done this before?  $50 seems a bit pricey since you will encounter the same Scareactors in the streets, but if it's decent food and a cool experience, it could be worth it.  A few questions for anybody who did it last year:

1)  How's the food?

2)  I see that people take your picture with Scareactors and you get to download one picture they take of you with your admission.  Are you allowed to take pictures yourself while you're in there?  

3)  How many different Scareactors are there and are they a cross section of the event (like 1 from each different scare zone) or is it like a partial shift for a singular zone that show up?

4)  How long is it?  Like do you have to stuff your face and be out of there within an hour...or is it a leisurely meal that lasts from before the park closes to when it re-opens for HHN?

Thanks for any info!  Definitely doing both UTH Tours again this year, but on the fence whether to try to get some other guys from group to sign up for this too :)

I was wondering the same things... If my small group is going to spend over $150 on a buffet, it better at least have some decent food. This is especially true considering there is a Golden Corral which charges something like $13 each and is just around the corner (walking distance). 

I did it for opening night last year.

1. The food is good. Universal quality. I got a really large portion of lasagna with a dessert and drink.

2. You can take as many pictures as you want yourself. The picture with the scareactors was done by universal staff and is included in the price of the meal.

3. there was at least 1 scare actor from each zone. the two you could get your picture with via uni staff was the Caretaker (from the icon scare zone) and the Usher (also Icon scare zone.) 

4. We spent about 2 hours I think. they try not to rush you, but they do have other things to do. if you are not finished eating then they stop you for a moment to get the picture done with the scare actors (as they have to go on set at a certain point) then allow you to return to eating or whatever else.

All in all, it is very worth it.

• Like 2

Awesome, thanks for the info!  Definitely sounds worth it.  Called to get some info and didn't get much help, but did get some interesting info about the UTH tours when they transferred me to the VIP people that I was able to share in another post....well, after I told the VIP person that I was interested in the "Behind the Screams Tour" and she wasn't sure what I was talking about.  Ooops.

• 3 months later...