2015 Most Anticipated Mazes & Scarezones

Most Anticipated Maze or Scarezone 2015  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which maze/Terror Tram is your most anticipated?

• Crimson Peak: Maze of Madness
    • Insidious: Return to the Further
    • The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far
    • Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home
    • This Is The End 3D
    • AVP: Alien Vs. Predator
    • Terror Tram: Survive the Purge
  2. 2. Which scare zone is your most anticipated??

• Exterminatorz
    • Dark Christmas
    • Corpz
    • The Purge: Urban Nightmare

Most Anticipated Mazes and Scarezones:

1. Crimson Peak

2. Insidious

3. Halloween

4. This is the End

5. The Walking Dead

6. AvP

-------------------------

1. Exterminatorz

2. Corpz

3. Dark Christmas

4. The Purge: Urban Nightmare

Edited by Hatchet

I'm gonna make my list but not vote on the poll just YET since my mind changes a bit before the event. As of now, these are my feelings, from most to least:

MAZES:
Crimson Peak - Has the chance to be big and epic and amazing in every facet possible.
TWD - After seeing how HUGE that maze is and considering everything from it will be basically ALL NEW, I'n pretty damn stoked to see this.
Halloween - It's good to see back. At first I hated the paranormal element, but hearing it explained more, it sounds like it'll work well.
Terror Tram - I'm not getting my hopes up too high for this, but this has real potential this year.
Insidious - For some reason, I have very little excitement for this. I'm sure it'll be spooky as all hell, but I guess seeing the old facade makes me shrug instead of get amped.
AVP - My favorite maze from last year and it'll be like saying hello to an old friend.
This Is The End - I dread the idea of going in this maze but I'm going to give it a chance and hopefully I can be surprised. It is one of the only top-to-bottom new things we have this year, but then again it's 3D, so I guess we'll see how many sets/props are re-used.

ZONES:
Dark Christmas - IT'S THE MOOOOOST WOOOOONDERFULL TIIIIIME OF THE YEAAAAAR. Easily one of the best scare zones ever, hopefully it can become a mainstay or upgrade to a maze one year, but I legitimately think this needs to stay, much like Ghost Town at Knotts. HHN has to have a mainstay zone where traditions can start and it can become a veteran type street or something where characters are remembered and this would be a great place. I was hoping Welcome to Hell would be that zone, but they only gave that a one year run.
The Purge: Urban Nightmare - This would be number 1 but I just do not find the Purge characters at all scary. I think the setting will really do wonders this time though in immersing us in the action.
Exterminatorz - This just sounds too weird and off-the-wall to be a good entrance zone, for me. If this were French Street, I'd be way more excited, but now I'm just trying to imagine giant wings and arms trying to work their way through crowds of people and them being ripped off on accident and it all just being a bit clumsy.
Corpz - Had no desire to see this zone when voting on it, have no desire now. Luckily this is French Street and I'll spend zero time here other than exiting Halloween.

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

CP is my most anticipated. I like to think of it as HHN's take on the haunted mansion at Disney because of the similarities between the two and considering GDT's interest in rebooting the haunted mansion. Plus, I've always wanted to go on that ride with an actually scary overlay so this works for me.

Not as excited about the new scare zones but I'm sure they'll be great. For now, DC still has my heart.

• Like 1

Mazes

1. Insidious: can't wait to relive my favorites house of all time, I want to walk through it again more than anything

2. Halloween: never saw the original, only heard good things about the original, Michael Myers. Yay

3. Can't fucking believe I'm about to say Walking Dead: Murdy actually seems to care about this one, it's going to be the biggest house ever featured here and holy fuck that facade looks huge

4. Crimson Peak: while I'm looking forward to this, I have a bad feeling we're gonna drop the ball on this. The fact that murdy decided to not do the mansion facade because it would be scaled down fucking scares me for some reason, especially when we see how big some other facades are(walking dead)

5. This is the End 3D: was really excited for this but 3D just fucking killed it for me and no dick demon boo

6. AvP: not even the best house from last year and its the fucking same, get the fuck outta here

Scarezone

1. Corps: this is the one I wanted to win that contest last year, I just think this would be a fucking cool zone

2. Purge: I always wanted the purge backlot experience to be here last year instead of walking dead, this is gonna be fucking rad as long as they don't fucking have just flashing lights again.

3. Exterminatorz: Rats and Cockroaches count me in.

4. Dark Christmas: eh, I'll just be sad this isn't a house this year.

• Like 1

Man I love this time of year even though the event doesn't seem as epic as it has before. Anyway here's my anticipation list.

MAZES (INCLUDES TERROR TRAM)

1. CRIMSON PEAK: MAZE OF MADNESS-I'm a huge Del Toro fan, his work is very dark and eeirie yet beautiful. If Murdy can recreate the feel of his films into the maze this is hands down what has me the most excited!

2. Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home-The 2009 maze is my favorite and first maze I've ever been through in HHN. It's one of the few times I've really felt FEAR at HHN so I can't wait to hopefully relive that feel. This is a welcome return that I hoped to relive someday so I'm excited to see it happening again!

3. Terror Tram: Survive the Purge- I'm very excited to see something on Tram that isn't TWD and The Purge is the perfect property to have back there! Haven't seen a good TT that isn't TWD since 09'! Let's hope this changes that.

4. The Walking Dead: Wolves not Far- I'm disappointed it's returning but being a fan of the show and looking at the size of the maze makes me very excited to see it though. Let's just hope it lives up to my expectations!

5. Insidious: Return to the Further- I wasn't a big fan of the 2013 maze, I thought it was OK but nothing special and I'm not a fan of the films but we'll see what comes out of this as I'm neither excited nor dissapointed about it.

6. This is the End 3D- It sounds silly the 3D angers me and overall I'm not looking forward to it so here's to hoping that I love it!

7. AVP: Alien vs Predator- I liked the maze last year but I wasn't scared in it. I'm not burning down buildings because it's coming back but I would've liked to see something else. 

SCAREZONES

1. Exterminatorz- Yes! Something new in the front that sounds promising and could be very cool, really excited for it!

2. The Purge: Urban Nightmare- I absolutely love The Purge at HHN even though I'm not the biggest fan of the films it is a prefect fit for HHN. Can't wait to see something new on the backlot! 

3.Dark Christmas- Glad it's back! One of the best zones ever at HHN!

4. Corps- I'm intrigued but I probably won't see it as much. Hope it's cool though.

And finally f*ck the Jabawoockez!

• Like 1

Mazes

1. & 2. It's between Crimson Peak and Insidious - This is a tricky choice since the previous Insidious maze was really good and the IP is really made to be a maze. An' as for Crimson Peak I really enjoy Del Toro's work and this could be a killer paranormal/ghost house.

3. TWD - I'm very intruiged to see how this turns out with it being Hollywood's take on the "Mega TWD" maze.

4. This is the End - This is definitely the Wildcard of the lineup. It could be decent, it could be a new level of terrible, we honestly don't know until the event opens.

5. AVP - Last year this maze was decent (Not a fan of how the puppets worked), I'm intruiged by the changes to the soundtrack.

6. Halloween - You might be wondering why this is dead last in anticipation. No, I don't have a disintrest in Halloween. After all 2009's The Life and Crimes of Michael Myers is one of the best mazes Hollywood has ever made. Period.

But on that note, that is one of the reasons why my anticipation for this maze is so low. 09 was one of the absolute best, giving this year's version giant shoes to fill. An' even with the paranormal angle, it really sounds the same as 09's so if it's not as good it's a letdown. Add in the maze being in not the best of locations, there's a lot unfortunately going against this one.

(Reguarding the Terror Tram, I don't consider it a maze but I'm intruiged to see how it turns out. They already have me with the backstory so it's got potential.)

Scare Zones

1. & 2. It's between Exerminatorz and The Purge: Urban Nightmare. - Exterminatorz sounds pretty exciting with it's B-movie-ish theme which is quite different then previous scare zones. An' with the Purge being in the Metro Sets, it could be a really good scare zone.

3. Dark Christmas - It's nice seeing this one return since it was done very well.

4. Corpz - Could be nice, but then again I wasn't really clamoring for this one when we were able to vote for it last year.

• Like 1

Not attending, but my anticipation for videos at least :lol:

1. This is the End 3D-Out of sheer curiosity. This has potential to be unique and amazing.

2. Crimson Peak- REALLY wish Orlando got this, it looks gorgeous.

3. Insidious- Been wanting an Insidious house for 4 years, excited to see how each coast's versions compare.

4. Halloween- Orlando's house in 2014 was amazing, I'd expect this one to be too.

5. AvP- QUEEN

6. TWD- I've yet to look forward to a TWD maze. 

Zones:

1. Exterminatorz- This sounds AWESOME

2. Corpz

3. Dark Christmas- This looked wonderful last year

4. Purge- Fun as hell in Orlando, I'd expect the same in a bigger setting in Hollywood.

Not attending, but my anticipation for videos at least :lol:

1. This is the End 3D-Out of sheer curiosity. This has potential to be unique and amazing.

2. Crimson Peak- REALLY wish Orlando got this, it looks gorgeous.

3. Insidious- Been wanting an Insidious house for 4 years, excited to see how each coast's versions compare.

4. Halloween- Orlando's house in 2014 was amazing, I'd expect this one to be too.

5. AvP- QUEEN

6. TWD- I've yet to look forward to a TWD maze. 

Zones:

1. Exterminatorz- This sounds AWESOME

2. Corpz

3. Dark Christmas- This looked wonderful last year

4. Purge- Fun as hell in Orlando, I'd expect the same in a bigger setting in Hollywood.

I like how you're still looking forward to your least anticipated scarezone. Even though there's only 4, they all look like they're gonna kick ass!

MAZES:

•Halloween - because FUCK YES MICHAEL MYERS. I did not get to attend HHN in '09 so I was unable to experience the masked menace's reign of terror. I am more than ecstatic for this maze

•Crimson Peak - It's new, only the trailer is out, it looks fantastic and with all of the effort Murdy seems to be putting into the detail (which you have to do with Guillermo Del Toro) I think it's gonna be just amazing.

•Insidious - can't wait to see how they mash up all three films. The third installment was definitely my least favorite, but I definitely see how they can use some great pieces of it to make the maze even more terrifying.

•The Walking Dead - supposedly the biggest and best TWD maze ever so we shall see. Definitely curious.

•This is the End - Dear horror lords, please let Murdy have taken us by surprise and knocked this one out of the park....

•Alien vs. Predator - no real reason for this being my least anticipated. I experienced it last year and I absolutely loved it. Just nothing new

SCARE ZONES:

•The Purge: Urban Nightmare - I am so excited that they decided to put this scare zone in the metro sets. I loved the entrance characters from last year and they will be able to do SO MUCH MORE in this location.

•Dark Christmas - Even though this is a repeat zone, I'm still really looking forward to it. It was my favorite scare zone last year. Crossing my fingers for it to be a maze next year (which Murdy has hinted at and makes sense since the movie Krampus will be coming out later this year)

•Corpz - Dead soldiers come back to life...zombies....sweet, gotta love the zombies (no sarcasm I promise). Let's see how they will make this feel a bit different though.

•Exterminatorz - Everyone seems more than excited for this entrance zone but not me. I just don't see how this will come off as anything more than cheesy. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy B-list horror movies just as much as the next person, but I want to be terrified as soon as I enter the park. I don't see that happening with this zone. Here's to hoping I get proven way way wrong!

ALSO! Goes without saying, I can't wait to check out the Purge Terror Tram. Who wants to meet me at the cupcake table?

Mazes:

1. Insidious:  One of the best mazes I had a chance to go through in '13!  Scares were consistent and scareactors were very aggressive.  Look forward to elements of Chapter 3.
  2. Halloween:  '09 was great, '14 Orlando was a huge crowd-pleaser and very good, and one of my all-time favorite films.
  3. Walking Dead:  Love the show and it looks like Hollywood is taking a cue from Orlando and making it a super-maze.  If the maze ends up being close to what Orlando developed, your memories of a so-so property should fade.
  4. Crimson Peak:  Very interested in the film and hoping the scenery is top notch.
  5. This Is The End:  The film is goofy and silly; hoping the maze will be the same:unsure:.
  6. Aliens Vs Predator:  While not my favorite from '14, I feel it was the best maze overall and impressively designed.  Look forward to property once again. 

Scarezones:

1. Corpz:  Thought this should have been a scarezone last year....highly anticipated!
  2. Dark Christmas:  Hoping to get a break in the action to see this group at work.....absolutely fantastic last year.
  3. Exterminatorz:  Hmmmm....ummm.....not sure what to think yet.  Hoping they will sell HHN Crocs with Crocs merch this year.  Hee Hee.
  4. The Purge:  Not a big fan of The Purge, but look forward to Terror Tram every year.
Edited by AsylumSB