HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I asked Reaper about the Shadows from the Past music (My post seems to have been deleted?????) but here's what he said:

Was this it? It'd have to be. Sounds like it...

That is the music that was in Shadows of the past. Not that version, but that is the song.

This is the version they used http://www.amazon.com/Theme-From-the-Shining/dp/B0029RXCHK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1276277251&sr=1-6 .

so you are telling me that the person from creative that told me this was lying, sorry but I asked him the same question last year as he was on my UTH tour last year, and HHN has too much alcohol that their target would be young adults who can't drink it.

USO makes to much money on alcohol that they will never cut it out, and the event I hope will continue to be created for the people who are old enough to drink said adult beverages. the tickets say PG-13. and lastly I think TJ knows the target audeince of his favorite event.

so you can accept the idea or not but it is a fact that HHN's target audeince is collage age 21 - 30. they make too much $ on the alcohol not to target the audeince that will be drinking. they make around $4 million just on alcohol during HHNs.

ThreeCircles how many years have you been going to HHN, and have you ever done the UTH tour?

this year will be my 8th year in a row, and I have not missed a UTH tour, and the year they didn't do the tour I was there on the final night and was able to do the LT and had the Q&A with creative and that large group of fans.

that said I think my information comes from a creditable source

see you in 105 days

Jim

I won't derail the speculation thread with counterpoints to each of your propositions but I stand by the fact that both events target the teen to young adult group. And by young adult I mean up to mid-thirties. Alcohol has nothing to do with any distinction between the events as Busch, formerly owned by a beer co. least you not forget, pushes the stuff just as much as HHN. Bud stands every five feet. And, Busch too "rates" their event PG-13.

I've been attending HHN for five years and HOS for six. Never been interested in any tours from either. And one individual in "creative" does not a HHN make. If HHN's has a target audience of adults they are doing a really shitty job of hitting it.

Edited by ThreeCircles

The music from The Shining mentioned earlier by Dinah is an arrangement of the medieval Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) a Gregorian chant about the Final Judgment of God upon the wicked. "Day of Wrath on that Day the World will be reduced to ashes."

It is quite likely that on that Day some people may find themselves in "Hades".

More to the point, many may not realize this, but Dante included many Greek Mythological figures and ideas about Hades in his Christian Hell in The Inferno. Including the River Styx, The guard dog Cerberus, and interesting enough the Gorgon, Medusa!

The house in question may in fact be an adaptation of Dante's Inferno, rather than one devoted only to Greek Mythology. And even if it is strictly Greek, it could also be a representation of Hades.

This would make it a follow-up to previous "Hell Houses" such as the original Doomsday from 1999 and Dark Torment from 2000.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

The music from The Shining mentioned earlier by Dinah is an arrangement of the medieval Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) a Gregorian chant about the Final Judgment of God upon the wicked. "Day of Wrath on that Day the World will be reduced to ashes."

It is quite likely that on that Day some people may find themselves in "Hades".

More to the point, many may not realize this, but Dante included many Greek Mythological figures and ideas about Hades in his Christian Hell in The Inferno. Including the River Styx, The guard dog Cerberus, and interesting enough the Gorgon, Medusa!

The house in question may in fact be an adaptation of Dante's Inferno, rather than one devoted only to Greek Mythology. And even if it is strictly Greek, it could also be a representation of Hades.

This would make it a follow-up to previous "Hell Houses" such as the original Doomsday from 1999 and Dark Torment from 2000.

I've been thinking about this since you posted it. If that's true then the audio clip from last year COULD have been a clue to this Mythology type house if that is indeed what it is.

On another note, I'm still curious about this vortex. Is that like the thing that was in Chucky or something different?

Yeah, I'm pulling for straws. I got nothin new.

Dr. Jimmy, Michael did say "It's all in the audio." to a guest when they asked why Bloody Mary, Director, and the Storyteller weren't there, right. I think I remember him saying that somewhere along the lines when someone asked why they weren't there. So if you look at it in an abstract way, the scenic and actors were there in the SZ, but the audio was the main clue to HHNXX.

HHNAmber, about the vortex: I heard our tour guide on our UTH Tour that HHN has been on a contract with having to use the vortex every year at HHN. I think they've been using it since 06, mabye earlier than that. I think the "vortex" listed on the scene name permits was the same old vortex used in Chucky, IT, ect. But if they have the vortex in the house to be possibly themed toward another Dungeon or "Years Past", that probally means no 3-D/funhouse.

Dr. Jimmy, Michael did say "It's all in the audio." to a guest when they asked why Bloody Mary, Director, and the Storyteller weren't there, right. I think I remember him saying that somewhere along the lines when someone asked why they weren't there. So if you look at it in an abstract way, the scenic and actors were there in the SZ, but the audio was the main clue to HHNXX.

HHNAmber, about the vortex: I heard our tour guide on our UTH Tour that HHN has been on a contract with having to use the vortex every year at HHN. I think they've been using it since 06, mabye earlier than that. I think the "vortex" listed on the scene name permits was the same old vortex used in Chucky, IT, ect. But if they have the vortex in the house to be possibly themed toward another Dungeon or "Years Past", that probally means no 3-D/funhouse.

I heard the same about most of the clues being in the audio, but not all. I still think people took/take the SZ too literally & need to step back & look at differently.

About the vortex, they're on contract to use a prop? That seems weird, idk. I have no experience with 3D houses either. I'm not even sure I fully know what that means...

I heard our tour guide on our UTH Tour that HHN has been on a contract with having to use the vortex every year at HHN.

How/why/who would they have a contract (with) to use a prop every year? Not saying your wrong, just doesn't make sense.

Well, I was just thinking about the audio recording at that scarezone. I find it funny how Mary, Elsa and Paulo were the ones not present at the event, but in audio. Is it possible that Universal KNOWS they are using these three next year (despite the problems with BM, not touching that) and had the remaining icons, jack, cindy, albert and jullian on scene to promote them, THEN see which ones the General Audience most approves of? I was wondering this because honestly, what is a reunion year without Mary Elsa and Paulo? They seem to be some of the crowd favorites, even though there are not THAT many icons.

Well, I was just thinking about the audio recording at that scarezone. I find it funny how Mary, Elsa and Paulo were the ones not present at the event, but in audio. Is it possible that Universal KNOWS they are using these three next year (despite the problems with BM, not touching that) and had the remaining icons, jack, cindy, albert and jullian on scene to promote them, THEN see which ones the General Audience most approves of? I was wondering this because honestly, what is a reunion year without Mary Elsa and Paulo? They seem to be some of the crowd favorites, even though there are not THAT many icons.

It's my understanding that the GA approves of Jack the most, though die hard fans mostly don't. I agree there's a lot to the audio we're missing & I still don't understand why The Usher was even in the SZ since he wasn't really present. Besides the icons, what do you think all the other actors in the SZ mean?

Well since the title of that piece of music is roughly "Day of Wrath" maybe the Gods are giving these icons one last time to wreak havoc. One thing I noticed about that scarezone in particular was how crowded it was with Icons. Possibly the red lighting could be relating to them being confined in hell just waiting for the chance to be let out. I mean Jack was pacing like a caged dog on the fire escape. Maybe what we should get from that scarezone was how immersive it really was. You were literally surrounded by hhn's past.

Well since the title of that piece of music is roughly "Day of Wrath" maybe the Gods are giving these icons one last time to wreak havoc. One thing I noticed about that scarezone in particular was how crowded it was with Icons. Possibly the red lighting could be relating to them being confined in hell just waiting for the chance to be let out. I mean Jack was pacing like a caged dog on the fire escape. Maybe what we should get from that scarezone was how immersive it really was. You were literally surrounded by hhn's past.

Haha I think part of his pacing was because he wasn't able to speak. I like that idea though. Though, Cindy & The Caretaker had free roam. I always though that meant something.

How/why/who would they have a contract (with) to use a prop every year? Not saying your wrong, just doesn't make sense.

as well as if they were going to use one every year wouldn't they just buy one?

as well as if they were going to use one every year wouldn't they just buy one?

Truly, I have no clue. I was searching on the internet and found this. I really have no clue as to where they bought it, or why they have a contract. Wish I knew more, but I could ask our guide on this year's UTH tour (if there is one) about it.

so you are telling me that the person from creative that told me this was lying, sorry but I asked him the same question last year as he was on my UTH tour last year, and HHN has too much alcohol that their target would be young adults who can't drink it.

USO makes to much money on alcohol that they will never cut it out, and the event I hope will continue to be created for the people who are old enough to drink said adult beverages. the tickets say PG-13. and lastly I think TJ knows the target audeince of his favorite event.

so you can accept the idea or not but it is a fact that HHN's target audeince is collage age 21 - 30. they make too much $ on the alcohol not to target the audeince that will be drinking. they make around $4 million just on alcohol during HHNs.

ThreeCircles how many years have you been going to HHN, and have you ever done the UTH tour?

this year will be my 8th year in a row, and I have not missed a UTH tour, and the year they didn't do the tour I was there on the final night and was able to do the LT and had the Q&A with creative and that large group of fans.

that said I think my information comes from a creditable source

see you in 105 days

Jim

I'll believe that they may target people from ages 21-30, but that doesn't mean that they don't make an effort to draw a broader audience. I frequently get surveyed in the parks during HHN, and it's pretty obvious that I'm not of drinking age.

Truly, I have no clue. I was searching on the internet and found this. I really have no clue as to where they bought it, or why they have a contract. Wish I knew more, but I could ask our guide on this year's UTH tour (if there is one) about it.

wasn't there something like that in the psycho house in 06

wasn't there something like that in the psycho house in 06

Yup. Sure was! Loved that darn Psycho house too!

Hey everyone - I'm semi-new. I've been reading the speculation for about a week now, following along. I'm a huge HHN fan and not having the Web site yet is killing me! Thank goodness for this forum - it's the only thing keeping me sane! I've been to many HHNs (2001, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009). Unfortunately missed 2005 (no idea why) and 2008 (because I'd just moved to Colorado). Still mad that I missed Bloody Mary's year! My fiance and I are getting married October 2 and going to HHN October 1 with our wedding party to celebrate! I can't wait! Anyway, just a short introduction since I haven't posted before!

Back on topic, I love all the speculation about the scene names... REALLY crossing my fingers that Frightanic will be included! I also would love to see another more humorous house such as Leave It to Cleaver, the Psychoscarepy Christmas house, etc. I've always had great laughs and wonderful memories from those houses! Oh - and although it probably won't happen, I remember earlier in this thread people were discussing bringing back the clowns to Amity. I would LOVE this! My first HHN in 2001, I have a distinct memory of heading into a patch of fog so thick I couldn't see my hand in front of my face, only to eventually reveal a horrifying clown waiting for me in Amity. It's the perfect setting for the Midway of the Bizarre. And oh, how I miss that fog! It was so thick you could see it from across the lake!

Oh - and I'm REALLY crossing my fingers for a return of the Body Collectors. I missed out on both previous houses due to my poor choices of years to skip! Please let it be so!

Alright' - that's all for my first post. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Lizz

It's somewhat interesting with these new clues to look back at old speculations. For example back in early 2008 we had all heard rumors about a female icon "Jill" who would rule over a world of urban legends, fables and nightmares. This was because of such a proposed scenario in a survey from Universal.

In another site's spec thread (as this site had not yet been born!) C_D suggested an evil sandman/boogeyman as an icon for a nightmare themed year. I have posted the picture in a post above. This inspired me to start a thread devoted to Nightmares on that other forum. Now that forum seems to be gone for good and we are all here on a site devoted to Nightmares!

Oddly enough some of that rumor proved true after all as 2008 did have a female icon, Bloody Mary, who did have her own "world" made up of urban legends, fables, legends, fairy tales, and yes, nightmares.

In early 2009 on that same other site many of us were speculating wildly about what the only clue we had "CLASSIC" could mean. I goofed on the definition of classic to mean of or pertaining to ancient Greece and Rome with a rather silly speculation about Greek Mythology. I included a picture of the Greek gods which I will not post here as the somewhat blatant nudity offended a few people back then. (They were only clay figurines, and that's how the Greek gods dressed, or rather undressed, but nevermind.)

Now it appears that they will be using Greek myth in at least one house this year!

Could it be that somebody at A&D reads these sites and uses some of the ideas we throw out in wild speculation? I hope so, because as many have said, often our ideas are rather good and sometimes seem better than what is actually realized.

SO let's keep posting our best ideas! Maybe somebody is reading them and someday we will be able to experience our own nightmare at HHN brought to life!

Better yet, maybe some of our younger people will someday join A&D themselves and bring their nightmares with them!

:D

I think a good idea would be an alien/UFO house, like A fire in the sky/ The Fourth Kind type of house!

Edited by black7mask

FIRST OF THESE ARE NOT MY IMAGES, THEY WERE FOUND ON DR. RAYMOND HOLMES' (CHARLES') FACEBOOK GROUP, FANS OF UNIVERSAL'S ART & DESIGN.

I found these images when I was looking through Charles' facebook group and noticed a couple of new photos: (there has been some speculation on an AVP house)

29528_455543203641_588308641_6105970_1738554_n.jpg

29528_455543168641_588308641_6105968_2169729_n.jpg

29528_455542573641_588308641_6105956_5144687_n.jpg

29528_455542203641_588308641_6105943_6202708_n.jpg

The rest of the photos are on facebook.

Do you watch B&T? Thats where most of those pics come from.. Idk where the zombie one was and these are from yrs past. B)

I'm not allow to have any pics for this yr due to I can get in deep trouble.. And if I did I wouldnt upload them to my group for all you to see

Zombie=Dead Exposure? Idk.

Halloween is usually dead because people usually prefer to go trick or treating and go to parties. Last year I went on Halloween and was able to do almost everything, the shirts went from $20.00 to about $10.00, the scareactors were on the top of their game, and of course, the last Bill and Ted was amazing.

To be honest, I think they are just going to put the "best of" into houses. Terra queen into the Greek house, Frightanic into the Observation Deck house, etc. As of right now, thats how I'm seeing the event go down. Who knows. Maybe it'll change?