HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So with the permits just being in the "Preview" stage by the Orlando building Department it is safe to assume that no construction has started as of yet. It would be a big no no to start construction prior to the permits being approved, looks like about the 22nd for the reviews to be done and permits issued.

Edited by C_D

Man I checked those at what... 12? that stinks the codes aren't avaliable... What will we debate and speculate until the teaser? :P

Yeah.

To paraphrase Dr. Evil, "Throw us a frickin' bone here, Universal!"

Though, there is one bit of good news relating to the release of the permits: It confirms that they'll be using the Parade Building again this year!

I consider this good news because for the past 2 years, the Houses located in the Parade Building have been widely considered to be the best/ most popular Houses of those respective years (Scary Tales 3 in '08, and Silver Screams last year). The Parade Building is quite spacious, seems to accomodate special effects easily (Unlike the Jaws Queue, which only works well for Houses which require little or no special effects), and is good at presenting multiple different, rapidly changing environments/ sets. I wonder what they'll use it for this year, maybe Jack's House or Silver Screams 2?

Yeah.

Though, there is one bit of good news relating to the release of the permits: It confirms that they'll be using the Parade Building again this year!

I consider this good news because for the past 2 years, the Houses located in the Parade Building have been widely considered to be the best/ most popular Houses of those respective years (Scary Tales 3 in '08, and Silver Screams last year). The Parade Building is quite spacious, seems to accomodate special effects easily (Unlike the Jaws Queue, which only works well for Houses which require little or no special effects), and is good at presenting multiple different, rapidly changing environments/ sets. I wonder what they'll use it for this year, maybe Jack's House or Silver Screams 2?

Could we be so lucky to get Dungen of Terror 2 back in jaws!? I could only wish

Sorry to break from the topic of the form (speculation,) but after reading through tons of forums and rumor sites, I have 2 questions: What is NLC? What are the NLC characters? I'm excited about the event, and thanks for anyone who answers the question.

Edited by ohaaron

Sorry to break from the topic of the form (speculation,) but after reading through tons of forums and rumor sites, I have 2 questions: What is NLC? What are the NLC characters? I'm excited about the event, and thanks for anyone who answers the question.

new line cinema and the nlc characters are Freddy, Jason and Leatherface.

UOBackstage.jpg

From the UO Team Newsletter

Sound-stage Breezeway Access to Be Limited

New Restrictions Imposed for Team Member Safety

Because of the increased productions activity in our soundstages, our

Environmental Health & Safety team has reported multiple near misses involving

pedestrian and vehicular traffic in the soundstage breezeway area. To ensure

Team Member safety, effective immediately, pedestrian traffic through the area is

limited to production staff and support services personnel only.

Team Members are not allowed to use the soundstage breezeway as a

shortcut to get to their work area. It is best to use Perimeter Road (Baseline

J) when going from park to park. Please observe the new signs and take the

pedestrian pathways that have been added. Thank you for keeping our resort safe!

Hmmmmmm

this is like that one episode of the simpsons where Homer J. Simpson goes on this big hunt to find out what the name is to his middle initial is just to find out that the J stands for Jay lol. Anywho though things are quiet in the HHN world I almost expect it probably till atleast we see potterverse under full swing. I wouldnt be shocked if Universal management wants to keep everything quiet so that 100% of the focus of the media and public is on Harry Potter. maybe Harry should give us the first HHN leak hmm....

Yeah.

Amen! It'd be wonderful if they'd give us something... anything! It seems that a Mr.Potter seems to have greedily captured all of Universal's resources and Media Coverage. Hopefully after they open WWoHP to the public, they will throw us your metaphorical bone. Until then, I will be forced to refresh this page a million times a day hoping something new will be here.

The real question is who would want to take a tour of an undressed set anyway? it just doesn't make sense...

I agree

but last year I was asked by TJ what I thought about a tour after a night of HHN ie the tour would start around nidnight, on a night that the event happened. they might keep scareactors around and would let you go through once with the lights on and once while the scareactors were in the house and the effects on as well. I told him I thought it was a interesting idea for a tour. we would do one I think. last year SF Great america had a tour for ACE memebers during their frieght fest. they didn't have any actors, but we did get to go through with the lights on, and once through with the effects running. it was fun.

Could we be so lucky to get Dungen of Terror 2 back in jaws!? I could only wish

Their are more than one DOT in the past their's the first one in fright nights the first year it's officially called Halloween Horror Nights and Sweet 16 and i believe i missed some more like 1 or 2(and yes all of them were located in the Jaws Que) but not sure so if their is a sequel it would be Dungen of Terror 4... even though it is obvious sarcasm...

But without the house codenames or any leaks making Universal extra sneaky from a long time as right now we would of already got million ideas of what they mean but this can be played as a good thing because you don't want everything spoiled to you before the website ever got updated or what will be the point of waiting and staring for the next update from the website to know more information of the icon(s) and the house itself...

but the bad is were still dry without even a small piece making us having nothing to speculate just the old rumors (that some are already officially false) and the scarezone but we already took every grain of salt out of it... So we got to wait for the site to update but even with that it will give the usual website as always with just a new file to discover but not as much of a possibility of a clue or a hint at anything... unless they feel generous but when did Uni was the last time being in a generous mood... so only time will tell

There really isn't much to spoil this year. We already know it's going to be a reunion theme.

i dont think thats really spoiled anything, just because we know its a reunion year...doesn't mean we have any clue as to how its going to play out. we know who the characters are yes, but we do not know how they are all going to work together, meaning story wise. im sure they will all be fantastic, but the story that brings them all together somehow if thats what happens, will be very interesting.

i dont think thats really spoiled anything, just because we know its a reunion year...doesn't mean we have any clue as to how its going to play out. we know who the characters are yes, but we do not know how they are all going to work together, meaning story wise. im sure they will all be fantastic, but the story that brings them all together somehow if thats what happens, will be very interesting.

This is true, it will be very interesting. i am just hoping that the integrity of the icons is not sundered by the attempt to bring them all together. I want them to keep their identity. Nothing stupid like, Oh the Caretaker is Elsa's brother, who birthed Julian. Stuff like that would anger me. What they did in 16 I thought was good. They didn't bring them all together. They didn't even look at eachother in the commercials. I think it should be like, a gathering to see who can scare/kill the most people.

This is true, it will be very interesting. i am just hoping that the integrity of the icons is not sundered by the attempt to bring them all together. I want them to keep their identity. Nothing stupid like, Oh the Caretaker is Elsa's brother, who birthed Julian. Stuff like that would anger me. What they did in 16 I thought was good. They didn't bring them all together. They didn't even look at eachother in the commercials. I think it should be like, a gathering to see who can scare/kill the most people.

i think a good portion of ppl on here would disagree i want is the total opposite i want them to link them all some way shape or fourm

I'm hoping for a return of the haunted-maze "Horror Nights Nightmares" in some fashion. I think it could be done with all the icons really good, if executed real well.

So its late and I cant sleep, so what do I do? I listen to Dark Side of the Moon and think about HHN XX and boy did I come up with wicked stuff.. I cant wait to see what kind of dreams I have.. Anyways back on topic.

As of right now we know its a reunion yr, but when you think of a 20th reunion yr you dont look back and reflect. Typically you look back and look at the milestones that you have accomplished. So maybe this yr is just that, which means we might get a whole new storyline with these beloved icons.

I wasn't fond of 16's reunion at all. To me it felt like they just got real lazy and said "lets just throw them all together for the hell of it" and that's how 16 was born. This year we'd better have some sort of original storyline to go with and possibly something to link the characters together. Not necessarily by family, but some way to relate them all to one another. It would be pretty cool. I'd still rather have a new original icon, but it's too late for that now I suppose.

Edited by Audio

Horror Nights Nightmares I still try to forget about how bad that house was, It had so much potential and just Flopped. It is hard to run 4 story lines together In a House with 8-10 sections it just doesn't work. If they had a similar story line and it flowed maybe. Basically it was different scenes from each Icons Commercial if I remember correct. I was so excited to do that House and was so Disappointing when I walked out.