HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

I as well, how can you know no anything, its not like he can pull a website out of his ass like that. It takes alot of time to do a website.

Because of things I have read from another community, it does not surprise me that Ray isn't in the know yet. If history repeats itself, he wouldn't start work on the website till late May or early June. The teaser/clue site doesn't go up until July usually with a full site launch at the end of August.

As for the "arts & crafts" house, we may want to think about scrapbooking.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'm sure they are creating the website right now. So when the time comes for the full website to be reveled it will be put up. Hell, it might already be done and just waiting on the server, who knows? I just hope LT will be back.

Well Ray is the one who does it... Him and Rick... and if he doesn't know... then it aint built.

Well Ray is the one who does it... Him and Rick... and if he doesn't know... then it aint built.

How do you know he wasn't lying? Like I said, the website could already be done or they are working on it now. It takes a long time to create an elaborate site like the ones from years past. I do doubt myself, I don't think the website is done yet, but they are probably just now starting on it.

Edited by hhnfan16

8 houses and 6 scarezones effectively kills the recent "every house will have its own scarezone rumor", perhaps every Icon will have its own house and scarezone?

Following up on Charles' speculation, if we see the "Birth of Universal Horror" will that mean that this year will also be "CLASSIC"? That is to say will we see Frankenstein, Dracula, the Wolfman, Phantom of the Opera etc. mixing it up with Jack, Caretaker, Director, Storyteller, Usher and hopefully Bloody Mary?

Arts and Crafts? That is the name of an artistic movement of the late Victorian and early Edwardian era, particularly in the field of design and architecture. This was started by William Morris and John Ruskin who proposed a Neo-Gothic style harkening back to the Middle Ages when pre-industrial people designed and created things by hand. Here are some examples that would fit in neatly with HHN:

800px-The_Red_House%2C_Bexleyheath.JPG

415px-Kelmscott_Press_-_The_Nature_of_Gothic_by_John_Ruskin_%28first_page%29.jpg

Of course, the term "arts and crafts" is also used today to describe any sort of DIY handiwork including things like this:

Arts%20and%20crafts.preview.JPG

Let us hope that this clue refers more to the former than the latter!

Let us hope that this clue refers more to the former than the latter!

LOL Doc... I can just see a house full of brightly colored contruction paper, paste, and safe-T scissors.

Yeah, I think the quote was something along the lines of "One of the houses is arts and crafts... It will take forever to detail out".

I'm a bit flabbergasted on what that would mean but your explination is better that what I thought up... :P

I really can't compare RHPS with Jack's Carnival of Carnage, The Arrival Show or any of those shows that they have had throughout the years. It is totally different in my eyes. The RHPS is the same thing, every year. Just with different actors, where as the Arrival Shows was different every year. Roddy and others always did a great job with Opening Scaremonies, these are the shows I would like to see.

I'm with you, the opening scaremonies are always unique in their own right...all that changes about RHPS are the actors.

Count me in as one who doesn't care about the shows. In fact, I've yet to see any shows at HHN. Bill and Ted is just obnoxious to me and not in the least interesting. Likewise, RHPS just doesn't interest me when done by a theme park cast. I would acutally probably see RHPS but because Universal can't seem to control capacity at HHN, or at least doesn't want to, I'd rather devote time to a house than the show.

We're not big on the show aspect of HHN either, for us it's all about the houses, scarezones and overall ambiance. For me personally B&T hit it's peak a few years back and has struggled the past few years. Last year's show had it's moments, but nothing has really been a standout for me personally since around 2006. And while I understand that B&T has become somewhat of a tradition, I'd rather see the time, effort and money from that show put into adding an additional house or scarezone. Unless they can achieve the greatest again that the B&T shows were known for, I think it's time to move on.

I really can't compare RHPS with Jack's Carnival of Carnage, The Arrival Show or any of those shows that they have had throughout the years. It is totally different in my eyes. The RHPS is the same thing, every year. Just with different actors, where as the Arrival Shows was different every year. Roddy and others always did a great job with Opening Scaremonies, these are the shows I would like to see.

I'm with you, the opening scaremonies are always unique in their own right...all that changes about RHPS are the actors.

First you are incorrect RHPST was changed after the first year, after the first year the show was made shorter, to add an additional show. they cut out some of the movie parts that wear mainly on the big screen. but I do agree you can't compare the 2 show types. last year at a pizza party while we were in Orlando at our condo fUBAR plaied a DVD that had the RHPST from the first year it was done, and Judy and I saw it last year and that was the difference.

Count me in as one who doesn't care about the shows. In fact, I've yet to see any shows at HHN. Bill and Ted is just obnoxious to me and not in the least interesting. Likewise, RHPS just doesn't interest me when done by a theme park cast. I would actually probably see RHPS but because Universal can't seem to control capacity at HHN, or at least doesn't want to, I'd rather devote time to a house than the show.

We're not big on the show aspect of HHN either, for us it's all about the houses, scarezones and overall ambiance. For me personally B&T hit it's peak a few years back and has struggled the past few years. Last year's show had it's moments, but nothing has really been a standout for me personally since around 2006. And while I understand that B&T has become somewhat of a tradition, I'd rather see the time, effort and money from that show put into adding an additional house or scarezone. Unless they can achieve the greatest again that the B&T shows were known for, I think it's time to move on.

I agree the B&T has not been as good as it could have, but one thing to think about, the target audience is 18 to 25 maybe 30. so some of us maybe are outgrowing the show. it's like the last Weird Al album I bought I think they parodied a song off of it one year, I didn't know the songs that were being parodied so I didn't understand the album.

I still go to the B&T shows i get a laugh or too. the best year for me was 13 had Bush and the terrorists.

i think I said this in another post but I can do without RHPST if it means something more ether in the streets or an extra house.

For the last few weeks I've seen a lot of trees used by A&D..A tree on the Q&A panel, follow by a tree that they used last night..

I see a family tree and there is an old saying "The root of all evil.

Plus CP has been a fan favorite/GP fav for the last few yrs.

Charles are you implying that my cousin Ray Bradbury's book The Halloween Tree will inspire things at HHN again this year? Also, I can't help but notice the Arts and Crafts style of your sig.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Charles are you implying that my cousin Ray Bradbury's book The Halloween Tree will inspire things at HHN again this year? Also, I can't help but notice the Arts and Crafts style of your sig.

I really dont know, but we did have a Halloween Tree style house in '08. Right now I'm still working on my theory and pondering some stuff. Give me a few days (or weeks) to do some more research but seeing two trees at events sponsor by A&D is a little fishy. The one from Hauntcon really looks like a family tree.

BTW Mark (Mz) made my sig.

wasn't cindy killed at a young age and didn't jack kill young kid's?

Cindy ran away from her father

Jack did kill young kids and was killed in 1920.

UPT open its doors in 1920, and Universal first Horror movie was release in 1923.

I think we might witness a timeline and it all leads up to 2010.

I could be really wrong about this whole thing, so take all this with a gain of salt right now rumors and the site goes up.

Cindy ran away from her father

Jack did kill young kids and was killed in 1920.

UPT open its doors in 1920, and Universal first Horror movie was release in 1923.

I think we might witness a timeline and it all leads up to 2010.

I could be really wrong about this whole thing, so take all this with a gain of salt right now rumors and the site goes up.

So what your getting at is when they say reunion they could mean an overall reunion off there horror ?

I dont know the connection just yet, im still figuring that out.

and the "root of all evil" has something to do with Cary, Ohio I think.

Root of evil... tree... gorewood tree... HHN15

At least when you said tree and root that was the logic connection in my head.

what's the deal with Cary, Ohio? Is that like Stephen King's Derry ya think?

Edited by JWFearman

Root of evil... tree... gorewood tree... HHN15

At least when you said tree and root that was the logic connection in my head.

what's the deal with Cary, Ohio? Is that like Stephen King's Derry ya think?

Roddy has said many times Cary, Ohio is there castle rock.. I think it might be the birthplace of HHN.

The Skoolhouse, Water treatment plant, UPT, LITC are all from Cary, Ohio.. Hell maybe Body Collectors (05) warehouse is from Cary, Ohio.

I agree the B&T has not been as good as it could have, but one thing to think about, the target audience is 18 to 25 maybe 30. so some of us maybe are outgrowing the show. it's like the last Weird Al album I bought I think they parodied a song off of it one year, I didn't know the songs that were being parodied so I didn't understand the album.

I still go to the B&T shows i get a laugh or too. the best year for me was 13 had Bush and the terrorists.

i think I said this in another post but I can do without RHPST if it means something more ether in the streets or an extra house.

You aren't outgrowing crap. The difference between this year and some of the years before is that B&T is now taking from the school of comedy that the guys who made Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, Dance Flick, etc. do. Basically, no real joke, just "HEY GUYS REMEMBER THIS? ISN'T THAT FUNNY, THIS ONCE EXISTED!"

It's not the fact that you're outgrowing it. You can't outgrow something good. It's that the show is lacking in quality. :3

You aren't outgrowing crap. The difference between this year and some of the years before is that B&T is now taking from the school of comedy that the guys who made Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, Dance Flick, etc. do. Basically, no real joke, just "HEY GUYS REMEMBER THIS? ISN'T THAT FUNNY, THIS ONCE EXISTED!"

It's not the fact that you're outgrowing it. You can't outgrow something good. It's that the show is lacking in quality. :3

I agree with this! Some of the material is tongue and cheek while other parts are just what were they thinking. But B&T needs to go back to what was funny and not try to be funny.

Maybe the Gorewood tree grew the icons and thats how we got them? XD JKJK Maybe the Gorewood tree is in Carey, Ohio and maybe the icons have all encountered it in some way? Maybe they knew each other as children and somehow encountered the tree? Maybe the Gorewood tree controls the icons? Well thats my guesses theyre kinda odd but hey who cares?

Ok.. so i know i may be wrong.. but its worth a try. Upon the "arts and craftS" house.. WHAT IF....... it was almost like a Scary Tales themed house.. playing around with kiddish templates but its a scrapbook of the many years pasts. It would seem as if each new page was a years "best of"... just an idea

♫ Katz