HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

Even though my first year was just HHN 17, I've long since researched other year's scare zones and houses. One of the scare zones that look like TONS of fun, but I heard it was really messy to clean up, are Treaks and Foons. Also, I'd love to see the Gentleman floating around again. I absolutely loved the atmosphere they created for that era, along with the ball room music. As far as houses go, I want to get a chance to witness screamhouse.

JwFearman:

You said you thought The Director and The Usher would conflict? I think they would go wonderful together. Imagine the things those two could do as one? The Director shows terrible movies, killing people inside The Universal Palace Theater. I can see the Usher now, bringing us, the viewers, in to watch the gastly murders. ;)

Edited by Dinah

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though my first year was just HHN 17, I've long since researched other year's scare zones and houses. One of the scare zones that look like TONS of fun, but I heard it was really messy to clean up, are Treaks and Foons. Also, I'd love to see the Gentleman floating around again. I absolutely loved the atmosphere they created for that era, along with the ball room music.

Treaks and Foons was a fantastic scare zone! :D I too would love to see that one return, it was just plan fun to walk around in...albeit when you left there you were a bit worse for wear than when you arrived...LOL I remember you had to be very careful walking through there if you didn't have good solid soled shoes on, because those bubbles could get slippery!

I'm a fan of the Gentlemen as well, so I too would love to see them make a return visit in some way, shape or form.

I'm sure Cindy will be involved this year given her appearance in the last minute additional scare zone. I have to say though, I find yhe whole evil child routine more annoying than scary. The Skool was just obnoxious.

I'd gladly take an evil child over the evil clown concept this year...LOL ;)

I can definitely see Jack being the "leader" of this year's event. I mean, while people may not know the clown's name, they at least know who he is. And that will bring in the crowds and money.

But I'm glad that we're having a child somewhere in this year's event (hopefully). Like you all, I find it very creepy.

Yes. Anything new would be better than yet another repeat.

You know I wholeheartedly agree with you there! While I love Jack and think he is a great character, it would be nice for the 20th anniversary to see a brand new icon and breath a little new life into the event.

With Potter opening and it being the 20th... anyone think we might get both parks? (Heck just IOA would be nice too). I really just enjoy the ambience of IOA much more. Plus HP could make a wicked SZ.

Edited by JWFearman

With Potter opening and it being the 20th... anyone think we might get both parks? (Heck just IOA would be nice too). I really just enjoy the ambience of IOA much more. Plus HP could make a wicked SZ.

Two parks if done right would be OK, I didn't like it in 2004 all that much. There was way to much empty space and a lot of walking to and from each park. The parade didn't help with traffic getting between parks either.

I don't think IOA can handle the crowds HHN gets now, but I agree with you on IOA having the ambiance. I just wonder if HP can even be used for HHN, it would be nice.

I say use the Studios for HHN, and then IOA as a Kids event to compete with Disney and Sea World. Between Marvel, Seuss, and HP.. Kids would eat it up.

here is something I came up with in between calls.. I'm still working on it... but it would work...

Crypt Keeper - Scream Reel

Dust off the Reels of the past as the Crypt Keeper guides you through some of cinemas most bone-chilling scenes of the past.

Jack/Eddie - Blood Ties

You’ll find out if blood is thicker than water as you become caught in the middle of a bitter sibling rivalry of murderous proportions.

Care Taker - Dead and Buried

After Albert Kane’s house was burned to the ground, it seemed that the world was finally rid of the psychopathic mortician. But deep beneath, the twisted catacombs of the Kane family remain untouched. Now a new breed of malevolence is pushing up from the rubble as Kane and his minions spew forth.

Storyteller / Terra Queen – Blood & Steel: The Season of the Queen

The Storyteller spins another macabre tale of sacrifice and bedlam. The blood berries are ripe and the Terra blade is being sharpened. The season of the queen has come again.

Bloody Mary - Shattered Memories

As the Legendary truth reopens the investigation of Mary Agana and the mysterious disappearances of there fellow colleagues 2 years ago, we are once again thrust into the fractured world of Bloody Mary.

Cindy Kane - Frights of Fantasy

Cindy Kane is alive, well, and ready for some new “playthings”. Delve into her chaotic screamscape of Frights and Fantasy as you become her next plaything.

The Director - The Final Cut

The Director is getting ready for his finest and boldest movie ever and you are slated to be the starring role. Will you make the final cut?

The Usher - Silver Screaming

The Usher is back and has prepared a whole new private screening that will take your breath away.

Edited by JWFearman

Two parks if done right would be OK, I didn't like it in 2004 all that much. There was way to much empty space and a lot of walking to and from each park. The parade didn't help with traffic getting between parks either.

I don't think IOA can handle the crowds HHN gets now, but I agree with you on IOA having the ambiance. I just wonder if HP can even be used for HHN, it would be nice.

I say use the Studios for HHN, and then IOA as a Kids event to compete with Disney and Sea World. Between Marvel, Seuss, and HP.. Kids would eat it up.

I'm with you there Mark, I was not a fan of 2004 at all. But in addition, I didn't remotely enjoy 2002 or 2003 at IOA.

I'm a HHN purist at heart and for me the event is all about the studios. I'm just the opposite in the ambiance department, I think IOA has no ambiance what so ever for this event in particular, for me the environment at the studios really lends itself to HHN. At IOA it was very hard for me personally to get past the theme of each island and enjoy the HHN aspect of each area. I do agree that IOA would be a goldmind for hosting a kids Halloween event of some sort; that's one area I feel that Universal is missing the mark on.

Random speculation that just came to me:

1. Will the specialty drinks for HHN 20 be the same thing as they were at 19? (It's as if they bought a ton of the same mix...because didn't the drinks at 19 remind you a great deal of the ones at 18? LOL)

2. What will the speciality drink look like this year? (We know for a fact they will light up in some way...that's a given at this point I think...LOL)

3. Is it wrong I'm speculating about the alochol portion of the event already? (Since this is the one time a year we go out and party? LOL)

I'm liking that list. But I don't think The Director and The Usher should get two separate houses. Even if they're two different ideas (The Director's being a movie set gone wrong. And The Usher's house taking you inside the movies) the movie theme would feel overdone for that year.

I love the Terra Queen's house title. A Terra Queen house would be epic in a SS.

Random speculation that just came to me:

1. Will the specialty drinks for HHN 20 be the same thing as they were at 19? (It's as if they bought a ton of the same mix...because didn't the drinks at 19 remind you a great deal of the ones at 18? LOL)

2. What will the speciality drink look like this year? (We know for a fact they will light up in some way...that's a given at this point I think...LOL)

3. Is it wrong I'm speculating about the alochol portion of the event already? (Since this is the one time a year we go out and party? LOL)

I believe each year they are pretty much the same, just some color changes. It's basically just a Rum Punch. We never bought the specialty drink last year, we just went with VODKA drinks, and some Patron shots! :)

I wonder what they will call the drink this year, though.

I believe each year they are pretty much the same, just some color changes. It's basically just a Rum Punch. We never bought the specialty drink last year, we just went with VODKA drinks, and some Patron shots! :)

I wonder what they will call the drink this year, though.

Just another reason for us to come hang with you all again this year...we prefer vodka drinks ourselves. I found myself drinking a lot of cherry flavored vodka with sprite last year...LOL

(Patron shots for the win!)

That is one impressive list, great ideas. I'd like to see something like that rather than a "reboot" so to speak of the older named houses.

I'm liking that list. But I don't think The Director and The Usher should get two separate houses. Even if they're two different ideas (The Director's being a movie set gone wrong. And The Usher's house taking you inside the movies) the movie theme would feel overdone for that year.

I love the Terra Queen's house title. A Terra Queen house would be epic in a SS.

Thank you both.

About the Director/Usher... that would make sense... But they are both fairly strong characters... do you think they would combine well? Honestly I saw this problem when the Usher idea first hit. While the IDEA is different the HOUSES end up being similar if not identical.

Edited by JWFearman

here is something I came up with in between calls.. I'm still working on it... but it would work...

Jeramy,

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these ideas!!! :D I'm always impressed by everyone's creativity when it comes to thinking of these new concepts for each year...now if we could only get Uni to use them...LOL