HHN 2015: Jabbawockeez

hhnfanforever

Good for you guys who are into this stuff. Ironically I like when shows had choreographed dances hell one of my favorite parts of Bill and Ted was the dance for no reason parts. Just idk the notion of "Dance Crews" just seems lame to me and none cheesier than Jabberwokez but that's my opinion. They are good at what they do but I'm not interested in that unfortunately. Unless they are featuring Figure like speculated I'm just gonna use the time to hit mazes and rides.

• Like 2

While I love the diversity of attractions at HHN, I really enjoyed the event last year without the show.  And it seems most on these boards thought 2014 was one of the best years for Hollywood.  I would rather repeat mazes,  scarezones , or enjoy rides before waiting for and seeing a show. 

• Like 3

Well, I'm sure this won't be awful, but I do miss the days...or nights....when Bill and Ted was the pop culture spoof that put the cherry on top of my horror-filled evening. 2014 was one of the best years for maze content, but an event without the Wyld Stalyons just doesn't complete the HHN experience for me. *sigh*

• Like 2

I for one am actually pretty excited for this. I was a big fan of ABDC, and love the Jabbawokeez's show in Vegas. It is pretty random for an event like Horror Nights but I'm pretty sure it will be popular with guests. I have hope that it could be pulled off correctly. This really is a very unique year for the event.

Edited by HorrorNut316

I find it humorous that these guys got an announcement video where they actually filmed something for it, but all TWD got on either coast was a clip video announcing it.

They seen interesting, but there's only a finite amount of shows I'd say I'd rather have over maybe an 8th or 9th house (mainly B&T), but not even that would be enough to make me want 6 houses. Really curious how popular this ends up being with the GP. Could be hit or miss. They seem "cool" enough to bode well with the younger demographic.

• Like 1

While I love the diversity of attractions at HHN, I really enjoyed the event last year without the show.  And it seems most on these boards thought 2014 was one of the best years for Hollywood.  I would rather repeat mazes,  scarezones , or enjoy rides before waiting for and seeing a show. 

True, but even years where we had three mazes and a Bill and Ted were some of the best years as well, and the B&T show was part of what made me love HHN so much in the first place the first time I went in 07 and it was even better in 08. I also really loved the Hunger Games year. I really wish we could go back to amazing entertainment like that.

Well, I'm sure this won't be awful, but I do miss the days...or nights....when Bill and Ted was the pop culture spoof that put the cherry on top of my horror-filled evening. 2014 was one of the best years for maze content, but an event without the Wyld Stalyons just doesn't complete the HHN experience for me. *sigh*

This is exactly how I feel. It was always my cap of the night after all the carnage was over. Made me feel like I survived and I was happy to be alive. I can't imagine Jabawokeez having that feeling, as this might just be a break in the action while my friends are hungry and wanna rest for a bit or something.

Not interested. I'll give it a chance as I do with everything at HHN but I don't see myself seeing the show more than once.

Yeah, I'll do this the first night to make sure it's something I should drag my friends to on other nights. As much as I love them, I can't imagine seeing this show every single outing to HHN this year.

Unless there are some amazing reviews, I will absolutely skip this one.  I know what the Jabbawockeez are about, but they still look like a Purge dance-crew.  They don't even have spoken words in any of their acts, right?  Ironic to see Universal mollify people with hypersensitivity to "sexual humor" with an androgynous troupe.  What a wonderful world in which we live...  Trust me - at the rate our society is devolving, the show line-up for HHN 2033 is going to be "Ow My Balls!" and "Ass" **.

I would have preferred Brian Brushwood or Dan Sperry myself, but I am predicting now that this Jabbawockeez show will be about as well received as Heckles and Twitch.  At least it will suck bodies from the house lines.

I've been going to HHN since the very start.  Anyone else remember seeing Penn & Teller in 1992 or the Kiss cover band in 1998?

** If you don't get the reference, check out Idiocracy on Netflix.

Edited by zombieman
  • Like 3

Unless there are some amazing reviews, I will absolutely skip this one.  I know what the Jabbawockeez are about, but they still look like a Purge dance-crew.  They don't even have spoken words in any of their acts, right?  Ironic to see Universal mollify people with hypersensitivity to "sexual humor" with an androgynous troupe.  What a wonderful world in which we live...  Trust me - at the rate our society is devolving, the show line-up for HHN 2033 is going to be "Ow My Balls!" and "Ass" **.

I would have preferred Brian Brushwood or Dan Sperry myself, but I am predicting now that this Jabbawockeez show will be about as well received as Heckles and Twitch.  At least it will suck bodies from the house lines.

I've been going to HHN since the very start.  Anyone else remember seeing Penn & Teller in 1992 or the Kiss cover band in 1998?

** If you don't get the reference, check out Idiocracy on Netflix.

All of this is true, Zombieman.

and as a huge KISS fan, I would have LOVED to see the cover band HHN hired back in 1998.. Did they have the whole KISS show with the wall of amps, pyrotechnics, fog effects and laser lights?

• Like 1

All of this is true, Zombieman.

and as a huge KISS fan, I would have LOVED to see the cover band HHN hired back in 1998.. Did they have the whole KISS show with the wall of amps, pyrotechnics, fog effects and laser lights?

Whole kit and kaboodle.  It was the tribute band Black Diamond.

• Like 1

As big as this event is, I think you guys overestimate possibilities sometimes. Maybe I'm being selfish since I don't think this is even that bad and would watch it if I was going to be a guest to the event and not working in it.

I just don't understand why people pay for the event but willingly choose, months before, to skip something. If you know you're only going once and aren't interested, I'd get it then. But honestly, if you think the timing is gonna be off if you see the show, you're probably not properly planning out the event. I don't think I've gone to a single trip as a guest and not had time to do every single thing at least once, whether I was optimistic about each house/show or not. 

Idk, I just think it's a bit stupid.

Edited by Kurseddragon
  • Like 1

I understand that for mazes, but not for shows. Some shows just absolutely do not have an appeal for some people. Like, Rocky Horror, as much as I love the show, I have no interest in wasting an hour on it at HHN when I can see the stage show/film any weekend anywhere else. People who say they'll skip mazes, now that's just stupid. Some are surprising. UMR's first two mazes were atrocities and I thought Face Off would be more of the same but honestly turned out to be one of my favorites from last year simply because I gave it a chance. Shows on the other hand, if you know you HATE dancing, then there's no need to see a dance show. But yeah.

I will skip the show because a 30 minute performance by a dance troupe does not appeal to me.  If reviews say that it is more of a variety show with a few good acts sprinkled in, I'll reconsider, but they did not appeal to me on TV and I see no reason why they would appeal to me live.  So, yeah, I think one can decide months ahead to skip a show.  I pay to see the houses - not the shows.

And I think that history indicates I am not alone in this train of thought.  If you go way back to the beginning - 1991 for Orlando and 1992 for Hollywood - you would see that HHN was originally all about the shows.  Headliners like Penn & Teller and The Pendragons.  A DOZEN smaller shows strewn around the parks.  Motorcyclists in a death globe.  Freak shows - glass eaters, fire breathers, bed of nails.  Hell, Hollywood had a horror themed cooking show!  They must have emptied out Venice Beach to get all those performers.  And yet just one or two houses.  Hollywood HHN went away for the next 4 years, and during that time Orlando dramatically reduced their show count and increased their house count.  Shows just didn't bring the bodies.

What I'd really like to see is them bringing back a night version of Waterworld.  Not because I want to see it, but because that theater holds a buttload of people would would greatly help with capacity.  

Edited by zombieman
  • Like 2

I agree with DTH and Zombieman.

even if I hate the idea of a maze I'm still going in it because source material does not reflect how a maze turns out. I hated the first Insidious movie but went in the maze and ended giving the second movie a chance an now I love insidious 2 and 3. I still hate Saw Is The Law but I went in it. But shows are different if I don't like dance crews and I don't like ABDC why am I gonna bother? I can appreciate some of you like it but if I'm not into I'm not into it. The way I see it Mazes are the entree and shows are the side dish i don't have fill up on sides.

If this was a comedy like the hanging or Bill and Ted or a side show like Brain Burshwood or Penny Circus I'd be more interested 

• 2 weeks later...

maybe it's just my opinion but seeing people tweeting if they can see the show without paying full price for HHN or if they can skip the mazes or anything scary makes me feel they are catering to the wrong crowd. IDK just my thinking here.

I saw the tweet where the lady was asking if she can bypass all of the "scary stuff" to get to the show. Seeing that makes me worry that they'll cancel more stuff from being "too scary" or "too over-the-top" after complaints from people like this.

After losing VIP,  this show will be lowest priority for my visit.   Would even prefer rides to this.   Now that I think about it,  have never attended without unlimited FOL.  May have to rethink this and develop  "gameplan for geezers". :D

• Like 1

After losing VIP,  this show will be lowest priority for my visit.   Would even prefer rides to this.   Now that I think about it,  have never attended without unlimited FOL.  May have to rethink this and develop  "gameplan for geezers". :D

Losing VIP is crazy.  Don't understand why they didn't have it this year.  It was sold out every night last year.   Knowing corporate mentality, they probably found some way to actually lose money doing it.