HHN 2015: Jabbawockeez

hhnfanforever

Can confirm the show is really seeming like a hit with the younger people and there hasn't even been any rumors flying around yet with what they're doing for it. Personally, I prefer something like a magic show or a special effects show over a pop culture spoof show, because I feel like the latter has already been done a million times on the internet and on late-night variety/talk shows by the time Halloween rolls around, buuut I'm not really sure how I feel about this one. Jabbawockeez does seem highly stylized though. I'm definitely going to see it, but it's not a priority by any means. I can't honestly say I've been impressed with the choreography of what I've seen of them. Their look is more interesting to me than their dancing. All that said, I don't think pop culture spoofs are completely off the table. They do some comedy bits in their shows too, from what I understand.

• 2 weeks later...

It's still a bit hard to swallow knowing Bill and Ted are gone. I'm so jealous of Orlando.
I'm hoping the show makes a return in the future, especially now that we are getting This Is The End. I feel like that maze
might possibly act as a testing ground to slowly nudge the show back into the event, hopefully when all the backlash and stuff has cooled down.
But I'm getting off subject. Has anyone actually seen them live?

• Like 1

It's still a bit hard to swallow knowing Bill and Ted are gone. I'm so jealous of Orlando.
I'm hoping the show makes a return in the future, especially now that we are getting This Is The End. I feel like that maze
might possibly act as a testing ground to slowly nudge the show back into the event, hopefully when all the backlash and stuff has cooled down.
But I'm getting off subject. Has anyone actually seen them live?

I have. I saw their PRiSM show in Vegas two years ago. I thought they were very entertaining, but more talented dance troupes have definitely emerged since the late 2000's. I'm hoping (with music by Figure) they will revamp their style and take more risks with their choreography. They were the hottest thing in 2008 but, unfortunately, their moves just aren't as impressive anymore. My guess is that they are using this as a chance to prove themselves again. We shall see.

• Like 1

Found the whole show on Youtube. It's 25 minutes. I skimmed through, and just what I feared, there's nothing Halloween or horror related about it :-/ 

It's also nowhere near as energetic as Bill and Ted. Plus it seems very long for there to be no talking for half an hour. I was somewhat game to see this, but this is now at the very bottom of the barrel and will only see it if I have beyond an extra amount of time.

• Like 1

Found the whole show on Youtube. It's 25 minutes. I skimmed through, and just what I feared, there's nothing Halloween or horror related about it :-/ 

It's also nowhere near as energetic as Bill and Ted. Plus it seems very long for there to be no talking for half an hour. I was somewhat game to see this, but this is now at the very bottom of the barrel and will only see it if I have beyond an extra amount of time.

yeah I tried watching it and could not stomach it and they tried too hard to be funny. Just makes me wish Uni had the balls to just come out and say "look bad jokes were mad we crossed a line... People involved were fired we actually put time and consideration here a new and improved Bill and Ted."

Why Washed Up ? 

I'm no way into that kind of thing so I could be wrong but are they even relevant anymore? When they won ABDC they were all over the place but I didn't know they still existed till now. 

The show is actually really good. Its interesting and funny at parts. Its not what Bill & Ted used to be but its also nothing like it. Bill & Ted got taken away for what some see as a bogus reason but it happened. Once Universal takes something away it doesn't always come back even if its new and scripted differently (Chucky is an exception but that wasn't even close to how it was before)

• Like 1

The show is actually really good. Its interesting and funny at parts. Its not what Bill & Ted used to be but its also nothing like it. Bill & Ted got taken away for what some see as a bogus reason but it happened. Once Universal takes something away it doesn't always come back even if its new and scripted differently (Chucky is an exception but that wasn't even close to how it was before)

When Chucky was brought back the year before last he told a guy  that "He was so fat that his d*ck should be name John Cena because it's saying you can't see me" called some young girls "young ratchet" "Banana Hoes", said some guy was "hiding his man t*ts" and threatened to fight someone. He rambles but he does not have the captive audience with this being unofficial but it is the opposite of watered down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRy1HlmHR-o

Edited by Grindhousehero13

When Chucky was brought back the year before last he told a guy  that "He was so fat that his d*ck should be name John Cena because it's saying you can't see me" called some young girls "young ratchet" "Banana Hoes", said some guy was "hiding his man t*ts" and threatened to fight someone. He rambles but he does not have the captive audience with this being unofficial but it is the opposite of watered down.

He was definitely saying some stuff I didn't know they let him say. During the rehearsal we had that year he was there and I remember them limiting him to his dialogue. 

You guys would be disappointed with the information Murdy told us about shows... (at least told Walking Dead).

I think he told us the same thing as well.

• 1 month later...