HHN 2015: The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far

Freak

The wolves their talking about are people not actual wolves. 

Same as Insidious not excited for it not pissed off for it. I just hope it's good. The Orlando maze has my attention as it said you will be surrounded with hundredths of gallons of water.

The Lower Lot will literally be hell though

"Hundredths" Lol.

So sick and tired of TWD (even if its the longest maze).  

The fact is that the event doesn't need TWD anymore and the event would have done the just the same if not better if we had FvJ.  Maybe in 2011-12 you'd see people asking for TWD (with a few exceptions), but EVERY YEAR far more GP asks Freddy and/or Jason.  Nobody except maybe 15% of people wanted this and you can see that from Murdy's twitter feed.  Also, stop acting like TWD is a huge selling point like it was in 12-13 after having it for 4 years.

I mean... this past season of TWD was it's most watched yet, bringing in almost 18 million viewers and making it one of the highest rated tv shows out there. Plus, John did just say that twitter and Facebook commenters do not make up the majority of HHN attendees. So apparently, this is what the gp wants and this is a good selling point. 

I'm guessing maybe John does realize that many people are getting upset with TWD dominating the event. And maybe that's why it did not return as a sz or terror tram theme this year. Idk... count your blessings? 

• Like 2

I mean... this past season of TWD was it's most watched yet, bringing in almost 18 million viewers and making it one of the highest rated tv shows out there. Plus, John did just say that twitter and Facebook commenters do not make up the majority of HHN attendees. So apparently, this is what the gp wants and this is a good selling point. 

I'm guessing maybe John does realize that many people are getting upset with TWD dominating the event. And maybe that's why it did not return as a sz or terror tram theme this year. Idk... count your blessings? 

Freddy and Jason are two of the most iconic horror villains of all time, much more than TWD.  With that logic we shouldve had FvJ instead of AvP, TWD, or TitE.  Of course, the majority of attendees aren't fb users but you can get a general sample size from fb to know how the GP feels about a property.

I'm not judging how the maze is going to be, I'm saying that having TWD for 4 years in a row while dismissing FvJ and other properties people actually want is spitting on the fans.

Freddy and Jason are two of the most iconic horror villains of all time, much more than TWD.  With that logic we shouldve had FvJ instead of AvP, TWD, or TitE.  Of course, the majority of attendees aren't fb users but you can get a general sample size from fb to know how the GP feels about a property.

I'm not judging how the maze is going to be, I'm saying that having TWD for 4 years in a row while dismissing FvJ and other properties people actually want is spitting on the fans.

First off while Freddy and Jason are iconic they aren't as popular as The Walking Dead is right now. I bet TWD is the most popular horror property right now. I do agree that we should get FvJ rather than AvP or TITE but that's another story. Next, the GP DO want TWD at the event. As I said TWD is the hottest horror property right now. The number of tickets sold the last couple of years have proved it. HHN is just like Hollywood, a movie makes money you make a sequel, it bombs you stop. I know we're disappointed but just make the most out of it. Most theme park haunts have returning attractions for a long time and while we didn't bring a maze back for several years with the exception of last year the maze feels fresh which most haunts don't do they just recycle everything.

Idk I think I'm being a little too optimistic and easy on Murdy but there's something about this year that's just making me loose  excitement for the event... and it's not the lineup.

• Like 1

Yeah, of course. I totally get that. Freddy and Jason have incredibly loyal fanbases and there's no question that an FvJ maze would do very well. 

I just look at it this way: 18 million viewers... That's a property that's guaranteed to sell itself especially since it has connections to both parks. So with TWD a guarantee, it seems like it was more of a decision between FvJ and Crimson Peak. And they aren't going to be able to do CP any year like they could FvJ. So there's that. FvJ will come soon I'm sure.

We were recently discussing the WD on the speculation thread.  Hollywood is following suit with what Orlando brought to the table last year.  I think it is smart....bigger, longer, more aggressive scares can only improve on what the property has already given us.  Can't wait for the new season...always look forward to the series to help me through the "Sunday-before-work doldrums".

Freak or Grind:  Where is the WD placard in the beginning post...consistency, gentlemen!:angry:

• Like 1

Ever since Walking Dead came to HHN more nights have been consistently sold out and the nights that were usually slower saw wayyyy more people. It makes complete sense to do it again. Mr.HHN is completely right with his statement and the wait times for that maze prove it. It might not be the most popular maze with the general public but it draws in the crowds. I remember working HHN before walking dead and it was much slower and when it became a maze it was instantly more people around the park. Practically to the point you couldn't even walk.

Ever since Walking Dead came to HHN more nights have been consistently sold out and the nights that were usually slower saw wayyyy more people. It makes complete sense to do it again. Mr.HHN is completely right with his statement and the wait times for that maze prove it. It might not be the most popular maze with the general public but it draws in the crowds. I remember working HHN before walking dead and it was much slower and when it became a maze it was instantly more people around the park. Practically to the point you couldn't even walk.

2012 was the first year I've gone, and every night I've been has been sold out. I don't know what a slow night looks like.

By the way, dates are up on the 2014 site. 

I'm annoyed by its return, but I'm actually looking forward to this the more I think about it. You think we could see the return of the Hostel dogs for the wolves? 

the wolves are a group of people not actual wolves.

please tell me u are joking

on another note I'm actually very excited for this now because it sounds like murdy actually gives a shit about this, he seems very annoyed more than ever about people complaining, he wants this to be great and I think it will be pulled off well

I caught that too! He really is sticking to people on Twitter this time around glad he's passionate about it this time.

does anyone know exactly what angle he means by adjacent from transformers mean?

We were recently discussing the WD on the speculation thread.  Hollywood is following suit with what Orlando brought to the table last year.  I think it is smart....bigger, longer, more aggressive scares can only improve on what the property has already given us.  Can't wait for the new season...always look forward to the series to help me through the "Sunday-before-work doldrums".

Freak or Grind:  Where is the WD placard in the beginning post...consistency, gentlemen!:angry:

on it

• Like 1

2012 was the first year I've gone, and every night I've been has been sold out. I don't know what a slow night looks like.

By the way, dates are up on the 2014 site. 

Slow nights were pretty cool to walk around and see stuff but the Walking Dead quickly changed that.

Dates for this year or last year?

Someone on IU who got the leaked line up said that Walking Dead is set for next year. 

Sweet Mary, put a stop to this. Sucks for the AHS fans. 

Where'd you see that? Not surprised either way. I don't even really have a negative reaction, it's just a lack of emotion at this point, in terms of The Walking Dead.

this leaked line up boggles my mind but oh well touchy subject.

so Murdy said this is where the phantom ss used to be.

Wait, did somebody just say.....

It's a real shame they didn't make a Universal maze on that site to commemorate the historical significance of that site. But whatever....

For the trucks,do you think we could be going up a ramp like in AWiL and go up to one of those trucks?

• Like 3

Someone on IU who got the leaked line up said that Walking Dead is set for next year. 

Sweet Mary, put a stop to this. Sucks for the AHS fans. 

while I'm sure it will come back based on what Murdy says this being a no brainer, but that leaker is full of shit(haha poop), no way they have even thought on what's coming next year

• Like 1

TWD is the biggest thing to happen to horror in a long time. A good portion of it's viewers don't even watch horror movies/tv shows etc. outside TWD. With the amount of times they've done the property, and the amount of people who have gone the past 3 years, there's STILL a large portion of people who have yet to have gone when TWD was there. No joke, only 4 people at my job have gone during a TWD year, and I've convinced at least 15 of my coworkers to check out the event this year (mind you, I mean Orlando, but same logic applies to the much more populated Hollywood area).

Yes, a LOT of people are sick of TWD. But for every 1,000 people who hate on the show/house, there's another 10,000 that will eat that shit up until the end of time. It continues to grow in ratings every single year and sells a LOT of tickets. Sure, they don't need the IP anymore to be successful, but that's like saying they didn't need to build Diagon Alley at USF, or Hogsmeade at any other park, cuz they already built one Potter land and received enough success off of it. The event is way more popular because of it, and each year they feature it, it helps bring in even more people, sell even more merch, and raise profits to all time highs.

My biggest problem with TWD has always been the fact that it takes over ALL marketing, merchandise, etc. Most merch the past 3 years has been TWD, a shirt for 2-3 of the IPs, and the house logos with a generic, crappy tagline in the same ol' font. I've only gotten the house shirt each year, as I refuse to keep spending money on merch for a property I don't like. This year, however, it seems that even Uni execs have realized TWD fatigue is settling in real quick outside of the bigger TWD fans, and it's not the center of attention anymore. So if all we have to deal with for the foreseeable future is having TWD as just another house, I can make my peace with that.

I can honestly see them continuing on with this property for another 2-3 years. The show has no signs of slowing down in momentum. I'm waiting for the TWD 3D house at this point, cuz why the hell not?

• Like 1

I been into Zombie flicks since I was a kid I got into thanks to my parents watching Dawn of the Dead, and Return Of The Living Dead. I've read the TWD comics since I was in high school and love the shows so as a fan of Horror, Zombie, and The Walking Dead I'm glad it's dominating TV right now. That being said I understand and agree with people feeling the over saturation of TWD at HHN, and last year as I attended the event and in retrospect I too felt tired of TWD's overall presence. Looking back the only thing that stuck out to me was the Terminus SZ, this year though I am pleased with the minimal approach to it's presence and the scale and focus they are putting into it as just a maze, but the sure amount of people just saying "F*ck the show nobody likes it" makes me want to live on a different planet, I get people who don't like the show but really? Nobody likes it? jesuses! That's Twitter for you.

Edited by Grindhousehero13
  • Like 1