HHN Hollywood 2015 Audition and Discussion

I've got both my fitting and orientation on the 19th, then scare academy on the 28th!

And I haven't thought about AGVA since the end of last season...how do I get that started again? Pay some dues and I'll be good?

Did your email say to schedual a costume fitting? Just making sure I get everything scheduled when I need to.

I've got both my fitting and orientation on the 19th, then scare academy on the 28th!

And I haven't thought about AGVA since the end of last season...how do I get that started again? Pay some dues and I'll be good?

Yeah you just have to pay the dues you're late and you'll be set. They will either call you or talk to you at orientation. 

So anybody know if final casting decisions have been made? Apparently, they anticipated being 90% done this week as I've heard and I've still not gotten an email. Lol was hoping id be in for opening night :\

It's been said before, but I'll say it again: Unless you get the definite 'Sorry, but you are not being cast' email, you are still in consideration for a role. You might not be called in until after the event starts, but it's still possible. That happened to me during my second year and has happened to a lot of people, both veterans and new hires. 

Also, emails are still being sent out; they haven't 100% finished casting yet. 

Edited by kingundisputed_
  • Like 4

Does anybody know what the attendance policy is?
I just got an email stating I can't be casted because I've accumulated too many attendance points.
I worked the last 4 days of last week. But ended up having to call in late one day because of a scheduling conflict with my normal job.
Called back, they told me they had me put as called off and I just ended up taking that and not coming in that day. I didn't miss any of the other 3 days though. Would that be enough to disqualify me or is that an issue I should get resolved with HR?

I don't really understand the question. Are you a day-ops employee? If they say you can't be cast because of points, that's pretty much it unfortunately. I've heard that they're being a lot more strict on employees with points this year.

Nope,  Ive only worked HHN last year and thats it. I'm not a regular employee. I usy called HR anyway, perhaps there was some mistake.

Nope,  Ive only worked HHN last year and thats it. I'm not a regular employee. I usy called HR anyway, perhaps there was some mistake.

The attendance policy for HHN is the same for day ops employees. They are becoming much more strict with HHN attendance than they have in previous years. I cant remember exactly what the maximum number of points is but i believe its 7. I think you calling HR is the best thing to get this all sorted out.

Emails are still going out. I think the end of this week is the end of the initial casting period though, so anyone who isn't emailed before then is going to have to wait until the event starts before more start going out, unfortunately.

And no, you don't have to go to orientation or Scare Acadeny if you're cast late. You just do your onboarding paperwork and start working.

• Like 2

Emails are still going out. I think the end of this week is the end of the initial casting period though, so anyone who isn't emailed before then is going to have to wait until the event starts before more start going out, unfortunately.

And no, you don't have to go to orientation or Scare Acadeny if you're cast late. You just do your onboarding paperwork and start working.

Thank you for that info! I don't think I could make it work with my day job if it were a super last minute thing (unless it were pool) so I'll keep my hopes up through Friday.