Hyping It Up to First Timers?

This will be my 9th consecutive year at HHN and we are traveling from Fort Worth with three HHN virgins. They are excited, but aside from the stories we have told them, they have no idea what to expect. They love the local haunts here in DFW, but I know better and find them to be disappointing since my wife and I are spoiled by HHN. We're Horror Nights snobs and want to get our friends excited for what we'll see on our vacation.

We've been getting together every few weekends to plan the vacation and talk about HHN and Universal in general. I have been trying to find pictures or walkthrough videos of previous year's houses, but haven't been able to find much that actually shows the inside of the house.

So I turn to the experts...

If y'all were showing first timers what HHN really is all about, what pictures, videos, or even articles would you show them to get them excited for what they will experience? I'd like to bookmark some to show at our next planning party.

Well you can show them past house videos. The best ones I can find.

A playlist of 23 houses

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfh2vPII7OqN1SJkPEo8kB9I7F0hAorSc

22 houses

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSrAxqkhwkC1ijBAjCArpM0Tl1WytUujw

I am bringing my new girlfriend this year and she has also never been so I'm thinking of ways to get her hyped as well. I've just been watching movies with her, then show her the HHN houses that correlate with them. She is still iffy but in time I think she'll come around.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To add to the helpful advice above me, There are many websites that can set up much hype without fail. You can actually find the old HHN websites on a website called horrornights.be I believe.

Our very own frightful and informative Dr. Jimmy has videos on YouTube relating to his recollections of HHN history as well. Speaking of YouTube, there are many vloggers such as TimTracker and MightyThor that have seasonal HHN videos. There are many videos of countless POV walkthroughs of old houses and sacredness, and Attraction Magazine and Inside the Magic show plenty of old HHN videos. They really bring the nostalgia and excitement to newcomers, but hopefully it doesn't set their expectations to high haha.

Well I hope this could be enough.

I'd say it's best to not hype them up at all. Just let them go in blind which would probably make the event that much funner/scarier since they would have no idea how the mazes are and the scare tactics used.

Edited by Arsik_22