Inside From Dusk Till Dawn and The Walking Dead

Mark M.

Officially, everything in the house is "their intellectual property" and they don't want it publicly available.

Personally, I think they're just really stubborn.

Then why don't they have everyone wait until after the event is over then allow the full walkthroughs? After it's over there is no reason they shouldn't allow it. By mid-November it's all rubble. I concur, they are stubborn as shit xD

Then why don't they have everyone wait until after the event is over then allow the full walkthroughs? After it's over there is no reason they shouldn't allow it. By mid-November it's all rubble. I concur, they are stubborn as shit xD

The theory is that, with a video, someone who is NOT Universal could basically reverse engineer a whole house in its entirety. That's why they don't want full house walkthroughs at all. I think it stems from the (somewhat delusional) believe that what Universal does is super progressive and unique in haunts. They also don't want to see their original creature designs recreated in other haunts (though very few of their creatures are so original that a copyright argument would be extremely difficult to prove).

The theory is that, with a video, someone who is NOT Universal could basically reverse engineer a whole house in its entirety. That's why they don't want full house walkthroughs at all. I think it stems from the (somewhat delusional) believe that what Universal does is super progressive and unique in haunts. They also don't want to see their original creature designs recreated in other haunts (though very few of their creatures are so original that a copyright argument would be extremely difficult to prove).

Dolls, Cannibals, and Clowns are hardly original for haunts. Its hard coming up with something original I'll give them that. They're creativity comes from story and atmosphere. Not their character creation. That's just my take on that. Universal has nothing to worry about. Even if they don't have videos. People could easily go to the event and take notes. Universal is imitated all the time, that just comes with being a huge success. They should just take it as a compliment

• Like 1

Then what's the point of letting you film them all? xD

It makes the editing process easier. It's easier to film the entire house and then pick the highlights we want, or look the best. It would of been harder to do this on the fly walking through the house trying to capture a highlight when we didn't know what to expect. :)

It makes the editing process easier. It's easier to film the entire house and then pick the highlights we want, or look the best. It would of been harder to do this on the fly walking through the house trying to capture a highlight when we didn't know what to expect. :)

That makes sense. They could have at least told you "hey, only film these two houses, we won't let anything else go up." I guess it's not that big of a deal xD