2nd Annual "Horror Nights Nightmare's Opening Night Live" 2014

So 104.3myfm posted a video on IG and they said that Dracula was scary! Hard to Beleive but whatever I guess we shall find out on Friday!

Those radio station guys are scared of anything. I doubt their credibility. I only heard one person say it was okay.

So the overall synopsis of the event from this evening, from what I gathered, is this:

American Werewolf and AVP are not just the best mazes this year, but the best mazes period.

From Dusk 'till Dawn is really good.

Clowns and Walking Dead were pretty good, from what I heard from one person

Dracula was okay, according to one person.

Nothing about TT or Face Off. I guess I know what that means. :rolleyes:

Based on tonight, here's my rank of the mazes, honestly I don't get scared at any of these events as I've become desensitized thanks to working them for 10 years, so this is solely based off the decor/props/and the scares happening in front and behind me. There's no spoilers, so I don't think I need to hide anything.

AvP: yup, it was rad. Didn't have high expectations but damn. Hands down my favorite and only got better upon second walk through.

Dracula/FDTD: both got a "meh" from me in terms of "scare factor" but the interior was gorgeous, props were great, and lots of energy from everyone in the maze.

TWD: felt like last years with a little more umph put into the scares. Crowd control seemed a bit better than last year BUT, it's only preview night.

Face Off/Clowns: disappointing. I didn't have high hopes for FaceOff as the concept seemed too far fetched but they tried. It's a tough one if you haven't seen the show, it just feels like a halloween party. And Clowns ... one I won't be running to when I go again.

Opening scareamonies were fantastic! So much energy, and combined The Purge and Anarchy.

Scare Zones were all fun, Dark Christmas and Mask a Raid were definitely the cooler of them all. Skullz was a bit *toots horn*.

All in all, I think it's going to be a good season, it sucked not having any shows to help break up crowds or allow a break from mazes which I can see being a potential issue, but all in all, should be one of their best years.

So Dracula has the long black hallway from El Cucuy. Booooo!!!! I also heard that the maze feel like catacombs and then you go out into the village. I have no idea what is in the final part.

You enter a witches house. I was a little confused by that point since the environments felt somewhat similar throughout, but it was still a good maze.