From Dusk 'Till Dawn

JDW

Majority says no, I say yes. The series picks up the Mesoamerican mythology just hinted at in the film and really runs with it, making it the central plot. For those who didn't like the series, that would be all the "extra stuff that wasn't in the movie". Also, the vampires in the series are pretty different from the movie vamps, so I think it would be helpful to know a little background. I enjoyed the series enough to watch it twice, but as I said, I'm in the minority.

Majority says no, I say yes. The series picks up the Mesoamerican mythology just hinted at in the film and really runs with it, making it the central plot. For those who didn't like the series, that would be all the "extra stuff that wasn't in the movie". Also, the vampires in the series are pretty different from the movie vamps, so I think it would be helpful to know a little background. I enjoyed the series enough to watch it twice, but as I said, I'm in the minority.

Agreed. Don't want to start anything, but I did prefer it over the movie.

I liked both fairly equally.

But I saw the series before the movie, so that might've had something to do with it.

I also saw the series before the movie. Just personally felt like the TV Series added more depth to some characters. But let's get off this topic before this turns into another argument like a few months ago.

Liked the movie, but I have never seen the series. I have the el rey channel, would anyone recommend watching the show?

I would say, watch episodes 1-3 skip 4 and 5 and episode 6 is when it finally gets any good. the show is basically a 12 hour remake of the movie where they change some major characters and add some new story lines but it really is just a remake of the movie. The extra stuff is nice but they mostly focus on following the movie plot.

Edited by clash

The guy at the front was cracking me up with his talk about "pieeeee" and then "piñatas." House was alright, it was great to get to feel like you're in the movie but I think I just had a bad spot in the line and missed the scares cause I saw a few goods ones get my friends.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Okay, this is something that just popped up in my mind for some strange reason.

Does anyone remember the last room you go into? Not the bar scene but the one after that with the frosted window?

I want to know what that was all about. My guess was that it was a prop that never worked right and they just abandoned it. Does anyone have an answer for this weird and irrelevant question?

Okay, this is something that just popped up in my mind for some strange reason.

Does anyone remember the last room you go into? Not the bar scene but the one after that with the frosted window?

I want to know what that was all about. My guess was that it was a prop that never worked right and they just abandoned it. Does anyone have an answer for this weird and irrelevant question?

Wow, I thought I was the only person to notice that. Honestly, I was always expecting one last Santanico or Wilmer scare, but nothing ever was there. I wonder if they were going to put a disco ball there, to fit with the movie and show, and then you'd be attacked by a burned Culebra or whatever.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to From Dusk 'Till Dawn
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic