HHN 2014: The Walking Dead: The End of the Line

DTH316

I don't think season 4 has enough to be a maze, since they can't do much with terminus, all there really is a couple of houses to walk through, the woods, and the tunnels

Remember... Season 4 actually starts in the prison, so we'll probably start off there.

From there... lots of train tracks.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/prnewswire/press_releases/Florida/2014/06/09/FL44947

The End of the Line subtitle has been found being used here in the Hollywood portion. I shall change the thread name! It also has quite a lot of info on what we'll experience.

This year, Universal Studios Hollywood will bring multiple interactive experiences from "The Walking Dead" to life throughout its "Halloween Horror Nights" event. "The Walking Dead: The End of the Line" will channel the many iconic scenes from Season 4 into a new maze, inviting guests to encounter the terror they viewed from afar. From infected walkers whose bleeding eyes struck a new chord of fear throughout the prison to the walker-filled tunnel on the crusade to Terminus, the ominous attraction will evoke a countless barrage of distressing images that will traumatize guests over and over again. The contemporary urban city streets, towering skyscrapers, brick-faced facades and industrial exterior movie sets that make up Universal Studios' world-famous production facilities will serve as the backdrop location for this all-new, frighteningly realistic maze. Swarms of walkers will also reawaken in an all-new terrifying scare-zone located adjacent to the maze.

Edited by DTH316

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/prnewswire/press_releases/Florida/2014/06/09/FL44947

The End of the Line subtitle has been found being used here in the Hollywood portion. I shall change the thread name! It also has quite a lot of info on what we'll experience.

This year, Universal Studios Hollywood will bring multiple interactive experiences from "The Walking Dead" to life throughout its "Halloween Horror Nights" event. "The Walking Dead: The End of the Line" will channel the many iconic scenes from Season 4 into a new maze, inviting guests to encounter the terror they viewed from afar. From infected walkers whose bleeding eyes struck a new chord of fear throughout the prison to the walker-filled tunnel on the crusade to Terminus, the ominous attraction will evoke a countless barrage of distressing images that will traumatize guests over and over again. The contemporary urban city streets, towering skyscrapers, brick-faced facades and industrial exterior movie sets that make up Universal Studios' world-famous production facilities will serve as the backdrop location for this all-new, frighteningly realistic maze. Swarms of walkers will also reawaken in an all-new terrifying scare-zone located adjacent to the maze.

yeah this is the same article I saw it on. Sounds interesting.

How so? There may the same location for the first half of the maze, but even in there, it'd be different events going on. I'd say its at least going to be 85% different. That's as much as La Llorona's change up, and that was a vast improvement.

I'm a little sad it'll be the same location as last year, as I was hoping TWD would just be that wandering maze IP throughout the park. But I think it would make sense, in the "it's real" kinda thing if it were the prison as the facade, the prison would still be in the same place as last year... but what happened to the hospital in 2012? 0_0 lol

Edited by DTH316

WALKER RAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNN some will bite and others feel the pain WALKER RAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIINNNN he got my shoe but did not get me.

all seriousness 90 page treatment? this will not be a repeat especially since it seems like we are walking into the Prison ruins the only thing that seems like will return would be the facade (In ruins and with the fences knocked down) and C Block full with the blood eye walkers.

Well, that could just mean that there's a lot of props

ummmm do you know what treatment means? not being a dick it is a serious question. If its that big just cuz of props then Murdy should not be making mazes.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but did anybody else notice this?TWDEOTL.png

a lot of extras who play walkers in the walking dead play other walkers they start looking the same after a while other then that this is just logo artwork not really important.

no one said it was gonna be the biggest (though if it's anything like Orlando's it will be) Treatments are Murdy's way to describe in details the maze to prop design, scenic, construction, ect. in other words the more pages, the more detailed the maze is, the more detail the less people will have black walls to bitch about. so a better mazes over all.

IDK if you know this but Universal prides it self on making Movie Quality mazes and that is what separates it from knott's. A big part of making it scary is what's going around you if it was as easy as just being scary they would save them a hell of a lot more money. Murdy and Aiello take the word Immersive very serious you wanna feel like your in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, sights and smells and all which works a lot better then insert *Horror Killer/Monster* in a white room and make him scary.

• Like 2

Part of the treatment involves the scares and scare tactics. If there's a complex scare tactic, it will take more time to write.

Immersion matters in mazes. If the scenery is more detailed you are more involved in the experience.

• Like 2