Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

There was a mention that the Face Off scare zone could be similiar to the 7 scare zone from HHN 21. Could that mean that they will set up stands and have them swap out different makeup designs as the night progresses? The contestants on Face Off will be exploring life, death, rebirth, mortality on this season coming up. Obviously we'll find out what that means when the show airs next month. But it would be pretty cool if the designs started out rather normal when the park opens, begin to die as time goes by, die, and then come back to life as something else for the final hour or 2. Do you think that is what they have in mind? They would probably need a few roaming scare actors in the scare zone too to spice it up.

AvP and Dracula Untold, two action flicks. Maybe next year we'll get Lethal Weapon and Mission Impossible. Lol :P

*Looks at HHN history*

Doomsday... Okay. What's this? Super Soldiers that scream a lot whole wearing tank tops and Bane mask? Okay, that's pretty action-y. Oh, and Resident Evil which is more action than horror as a film series (plus number 4-5 of the game).

And every keeps talking about wanting Bioshock, which isn't horror in the slightest.

Yep... Looks like there's precedence for action franchises as houses. Nothing surprising about this selection.

Hopefully not a stupid question, but did we know about this? I don't remember reading it any where. http://www.fangoria.com/new/shane-black-and-fred-dekker-to-remake-predator/

I haven't read it, but I'm not surprised. They are trying to reboot or bring back any film that made money, especially films from the 80's.

Legacy ^^^

C'mon... The first Resident Evil movie had some horror (it kinda went downhill from there though). A couple of the games were pretty scary. Have you ever played the earlier ones in the dark, alone, with a good surround sound stereo? Did anyone actually want Doomsday at HHN? That movie was rubbish.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

I see a lot more clues connecting to Alien. I don't see many connections to Predator, and if the ones that do, are way out there. Not to mention, everyone uses the same 1 or 2 sources. I see Alien working better than AVP, especially since it has better atmosphere, and more horror to it. I feel like everyone assumes that it will be AVP only because Disney has the rights to Alien. Doesn't make much sense if you do the research about the so called "contract" with Disney. I choose to believe it is Alien, simply because there is not enough connections to Predator. Plus- The clue about the cat, can't connect to Predator at all because there is a cat in the original Alien, and not in AVP. Plus- AVP has barely any scenes in space.

I haven't read it, but I'm not surprised. They are trying to reboot or bring back any film that made money, especially films from the 80's.

Legacy ^^^

C'mon... The first Resident Evil movie had some horror (it kinda went downhill from there though). A couple of the games were pretty scary. Have you ever played the earlier ones in the dark, alone, with a good surround sound stereo? Did anyone actually want Doomsday at HHN? That movie was rubbish.

I didn't say anyone wanted it... Just that it happened. Which is what matters. HHN has had action-based houses before.
  • Like 2

I see Alien working better than AVP, especially since it has better atmosphere, and more horror to it. Plus- AVP has barely any scenes in space.

Alien works better because of the better atmosphere? AVP has barely any scenes in space?

Yeah... better atmosphere that would cost a fortune to recreate. I'd rather them make temple walls and concentrate on making xenomorph puppets and predator costumes.

Why do the scenes need to be in space?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Don't forget Havoc 2. That one was definitely an action-based. (Now that I think of it, a lot of the walls/ props in that maze could be used in an Alien maze, making a spacecraft setting.)

Why do the scenes need to be in space?

Space craft scenes would be scarier. More claustrophobic and enclosed. But hey, that's just my own opinion. You obviously think differently about this.

Edited by JackTheREAPER

Don't forget Havoc 2. That one was definitely an action-based. (Now that I think of it, a lot of the walls/ props in that maze could be used in an Alien maze, making a spacecraft setting.)

Space craft scenes would be scarier. More claustrophobic and enclosed. But hey, that's just my own opinion. You obviously think differently about this.

I thought you had another clue I hadn't seen.

I thought you had another clue I hadn't seen.

I recall someone giving out a clue saying something about bringing a cat because it gets really nasty where you can't scream. Well, you can't scream in space. Or at least, no one can hear you. Plus- a cat. There is a cat in the original alien movie.

To be clear, my previous posts on Aliens/AVP were not to debate if it was Alien or AVP. But my reasoning as to why AVP was used. Ultimately... I don't know the real answer it is simply spculation as to why they would choose AVP over Alien. I know for a fact though Alien was rejected many times due to Disney held rights.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fox-rebooting-predator-shane-black-714598

Tangentially related to the HHN discussion....4 years after the reboot of Predator, they're rebooting it yet again.

I quite enjoyed the Predators reboot (and I think that's why I erroneously mentioned a jungle earlier) and would have liked to see a follow up to that. Has me counting down the days until they remake Alien with Angelina Jolie as Ripley...or reboot it with Aliens on earth as not extraterrestrials, but rather genetic experiments gone awry...or something crazy like that.

Oh well, possible 2018 HHN House.

Legacy, Bioshock only if you consider Bioshock Infinate, there are two games before that one which had a very creepy atmospheres, secondly i never brought up the whole bioshock idea and anyways theres no point in bringing something that hasen't been done or may never be done. Finally, i've been attending since the begining so believe me i know what's been done before. Doomsday sucked and last year's havoc blew as well so enough said. BTW, i never said in my post that there's never been "action" houses done before.

Edited by ghostdude

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fox-rebooting-predator-shane-black-714598

Tangentially related to the HHN discussion....4 years after the reboot of Predator, they're rebooting it yet again.

I quite enjoyed the Predators reboot (and I think that's why I erroneously mentioned a jungle earlier) and would have liked to see a follow up to that. Has me counting down the days until they remake Alien with Angelina Jolie as Ripley...or reboot it with Aliens on earth as not extraterrestrials, but rather genetic experiments gone awry...or something crazy like that.

Oh well, possible 2018 HHN House.

Idk if id call Predators a reboot since technically its a sequel to Predator 2. Edited by trickrtreat20

Legacy, Bioshock only if you consider Bioshock Infinate, there are two games before that one which had a very creepy atmospheres, secondly i never brought up the whole bioshock idea and anyways theres no point in bringing something that hasen't been done or may never be done. Finally, i've been attending since the begining so believe me i know what's been done before. Doomsday sucked and last year's havoc blew as well so enough said. BTW, i never said in my post that there's never been "action" houses done before.

Yeah, I played the games. Creepy atmospheres do not horror make. The haunted mansions in the Mario games are creepy, but no one would say they're horror. Bioshock is an action game in every way. If the whole point is to kill everything you come across, it's an action game.

And if you know what HHN has had previously, don't make comments that imply that Dracula Untold and AVP are some massive shifts to the MO when they're not.

• Like 2

Definition:

Horror is a film genre seeking to elicit a negative emotional reaction from viewers by playing on the audience's primal fears. Horror films often feature scenes that startle the viewer; the macabre and the supernatural are frequent themes. Thus they may overlap with the fantasy, supernatural, and thriller genres.

Bioshock could be considered horror.

Sometimes some of you get a little caught up in what horror is and isn't.

• Like 2

Guest kiwisoup

It's been quiet on any official HHN news (at least Orlando, I mean) or even teases or generic posts for over two weeks now...that's a pretty long gap between announcements based on the past, but I assume it's because of the barrage of news coverage with Diagon Alley which seems to have finally quieted down so I'm ready to hear something else HHN related! You don't think this year will suffer because of Michael Aiello being the Director of Entertainment for Diagon Alley, do you?

Edited by kiwisoup

It's been quiet on any official HHN news (at least Orlando, I mean) or even teases or generic posts for over two weeks now...that's a pretty long gap between announcements based on the past, but I assume it's because of the barrage of news coverage with Diagon Alley which seems to have finally quieted down so I'm ready to hear something else HHN related! You don't think this year will suffer because of Michael Aiello being the Director of Entertainment for Diagon Alley, do you?

I wouldn't worry about it, like I said, when I spoke to him he said as soon as all the potter madness blows over it's back to all the HHN goodness.

Yeah, I played the games. Creepy atmospheres do not horror make. The haunted mansions in the Mario games are creepy, but no one would say they're horror. Bioshock is an action game in every way. If the whole point is to kill everything you come across, it's an action game.

And if you know what HHN has had previously, don't make comments that imply that Dracula Untold and AVP are some massive shifts to the MO when they're not.

For starters i wasn't implying squat. It was simply a silly lighthearted commen with no meaning behind it. That you find whatever excuse to act all Mr know it all on people it's all on you. Go inflate your ego on someone else's expense, not mine. My apologies to everyone else, i'm not here to argue but don't expect me to bite my tongue when some smart ass tries to give one a hard time over any silly comment. Anyways, my apologies to everyone else who had to read this. Time to move on :)

• Like 1

Can we speculate the girlie men Hollywood is going to throw into a Predator reboot. Fuck of all the movies to remake they want to remake perfection?????

Starring those guys from Twilight Im sure....

Sorry off topic.

Should be interesting to see where Shane Black goes with it since he was in the first Predator after all as Hawkins lol.

You know what's interesting, The Devil/vampire/creepy dude in the cave is Charles Dance. You may know him as Tywin Lannister.

What's odd is he is not credited for the movie on IMDB for Dracula Untold or on his own personal biography.

I wonder if that is to keep the identity of his character secret or... or I have know idea.

After all the movie is grossly inaccurate to Vlad's or Dracula's story... Are they saying the first vampire is not the first vampire? Is he the devil? Nosferatu? what?

I'd post a pic of him in the makeup but Universal is so uptight about this trailer being out they have been working double time to remove it.

Which... is also odd. You would think they would want to promote the heck out of it.

I mean once the bat is out of the bag it's out of the bag.

• Like 3

You know what's interesting, The Devil/vampire/creepy dude in the cave is Charles Dance. You may know him as Tywin Lannister.

House sold!

Any house that I can make random Game of Thrones references in works for me!!!

As for the genre debate...

Genre is such a subjective topic. Is Aliens horror or scifi? Predator action or scifi?

Most horror incorporates a plethora of other genre material. Drama? Thriller? Action? Scifi? Fantasy?

Each person will have their own definition depending on how the film or other media impacts them.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 2