The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven [Reveiw]

Grindhousehero13

Okay... the main marketing I.P house. Many people complained about The Walking Dead returning but fear not becuase No Safe Haven is one of the best houses we have had in recent years. Even though some things were missing (since it wasn't done yet) overall this maze was just amazing. Even more amazing considering it was in a Tent house. Some people complained that in Dead Inside didn't feel like you were in the show and I can agree to some degree but I don't think that will be that case here. Making your way past the foggy and dark streets of the backlot you make your way to the giant Cell Block C from the West Georgia Correctional facility. The flaming guard tower, the fences, the riot gear zombies and The Walking Dead theme playing in the background. It all just works and I think that arguable this is one of the best facades Hollywood has ever done. I won't go into the house in much detail to keep from spoilers but Cell Block C is in there in all its decaying glory. Amazing to say the least. lots of zombies in the house especially in the Tombs(Static and live actors), actual survivors that are not just getting eaten, the Governors Trophy Room with an ingenious scare that works. This maze surpasses Dead inside in almost every way doing a better job at immersing you into the hopeless world overrun by the Dead. Sets were bigger, better, more detailed. And it really felt like the zombies were everywhere. Not just the few that were in Dead Inside. (The helicopter... see it for yourself). Overall there really is No Safe Haven in this maze as zombies will try to tear you apart around every corner. The world has collapsed and the struggle to survive is captured well in this year's maze. I'll give The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven a 9/10. This year it won't just be crowded becuase it has The Walking Dead name attached to it, it will be crowded becuase it's actually very good.

• Like 1

Don't miss this one! I think it's the best of the year, personal bias aside. The facade, sets, and props are all amazing. I know there were technical issues last night, but I didn't even really notice them. The scarezone as a precursor to the maze is a nice touch, as are the zombies at the perimeter around the facade. I was the most impressed with the cell block section, but there were a couple of spots that were too empty. Overall: 9/10.

This was probably my favorite one of the event. I was disappointed with how lit up the catacombs were, but I found the set design for Cell Block C and the helicopter room to be quite impressive. The scares were great and I loved the animatronic hoard scare. That was great! This felt like a sound stage house even though it was in a tent.

This was probably my favorite one of the event. I was disappointed with how lit up the catacombs were, but I found the set design for Cell Block C and the helicopter room to be quite impressive. The scares were great and I loved the animatronic hoard scare. That was great! This felt like a sound stage house even though it was in a tent.

I heard they lit it up more throughout the maze becuase so many people were going through at once.

This maze to me is a huge step backwards from last years thriller :( so much back up in this maze I hope it's fixed by this weekend... There are so many hallways in this maze and not enough scares. At the end of the maze I couldn't help but to feel like something was missing from it, but hopefully it improves throughout the run!!

• 3 weeks later...

We did it twice during early entry before it got super busy (it hit 120 minutes later in the night and this was a Thursday) and we felt it was the best house this year. I felt it was better overall than last year, but it lacked a real showstopper like they had last year with the bicycle zombie. Cell Block C, while cool looking, had maybe 1 actor in it.

We did it twice during early entry before it got super busy (it hit 120 minutes later in the night and this was a Thursday) and we felt it was the best house this year. I felt it was better overall than last year, but it lacked a real showstopper like they had last year with the bicycle zombie. Cell Block C, while cool looking, had maybe 1 actor in it.

Cell Block C had 4 scareactors in it when I went through . They might have just not tried scaring you or your group for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I now know the problem with this maze!

I've been through this maze at least 10 times this year no joke! And the problem is only 3 scenes are memorable. Cell block C, the helicopter scene and the fish tank room. Everything else is just hallways of nothing!!!!! The last scene with all the pigs and meat stuff makes no freaking sense at all!!! It's completely irrelevant, as if the ran out of ideas on what to put there so they just made up a whole section! Huge letdown, I honestly don't see how so many of you liked this maze 0.o