HHN 2013: Scarecrowz

Scarecrows were once built to ward off crows and evil spirits. Now they welcome them. A new breed is on the loose!

Tremble in terror as colossal, haunted Scarecrowz tower over you, driven to harvest the blood of the innocent to fertilize their land. They'll take whatever's left back to their fields, limbs and all. Slaughter is now in season.

I am not, in any way complaining, but THIS was the kind of scarezone I was originally expecting with the whole "woods theme" going on in Orlando. I'm sure this one, if I was going to Hollywood, would be my favorite. I totes always like the scarezones with atmosphere and this one screams atmosphere heavy. Gonna have some high expectations for this one.

seriousily how long have we been talking about a scarecrow maze Im guessing this is the lower lot so hoping they do some decorating there finaly cornstalks tall grass or something

It's been a while since I have seen the lower lot decorated. Probably since HellBilly hoe down in 2007. From what it sounds like though in the description they will be stilt walkers.

seriousily how long have we been talking about a scarecrow maze Im guessing this is the lower lot so hoping they do some decorating there finaly cornstalks tall grass or something

Oh man I hope so. Knowing HHN, you know it's going to be bare as always. I hope they theme this a bit more extensively.

This year, it seems like HHN is putting more effort into their scarezones. This will be the first year since 2009, in my opinion, that we've actually had descent scarezones.

• Like 1

It's been a while since I have seen the lower lot decorated. Probably since HellBilly hoe down in 2007. From what it sounds like though in the description they will be stilt walkers.

yeah that was the last time.

I mean considering the theme it would'nt be hard to corn stalk at least to cover the fog machines near the esculater, also I think this is the first time since 09 that we got all new scarezones no repeats!

^ That doesn't really answer how this scarezone is consolation for not getting CITW. It doesn't matter you can loosely tie scarecrows with those in the film. Consolation is to comfort after a loss or dissapointment, and getting a good scarezone concept which will need good theming/atmosphere...but putting it in a location which hasn't been getting any good theming/atmosphere for years is by no means consolation.

Cmon dude, that's just way too much of a stretch lol

If it were a Mermen scarezone, maybe then id agree with you.

Pretty much everything with that reasoning can be consolation for CITW: zombies, clowns, creepily masked home intruders, etc..

Edited by DTH316

In all seriousness, this could be Murdy's "Hitchcock" way of saying CITW is coming. In Psycho there are a few dozen references to birds (Marion Crane from Phoenix etc. etc.) and his next film was The Birds. Murdy has mentioned this before. So this year next to Evil Dead (which is the reason we're not seeing CITW) there are scarecrows. Using Hitchcock's foreshadowing method with scarecrows would be pretty clever.