What is Your Most Anticipated House for HHN Hollywood 2013?

Most anticipated house  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What's your most-antcipated maze this year?

• Universal Monsters Remix: Resurrection
    • El Cucuy: The Boogieman
    • Evil Dead: Book of the Dead
    • Insidious: Into the Further
    • The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven!
    • Black Sabbath: 13 3D
    • Terror Tram: Invaded by the Walking Dead

Some people in here remind me of the General Public but I won't say names... I agree with Ferox though. Anyways i'm most excited for our Soundstage house Black Sabbath 13 3D. You saw what Chris Williams can do in a tent house. Now he has an SS... oh the possibilities.

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 1

Race update as of 8/25 @ 3:47 pm:

(In my best male racetrack announcer voice)

"El Cucuy and Evil Dead are neck and neck with 9 votes each. Black Sabbath right on their heels with 8. Insidious, trying to stay in the race, but falling far behind the pack with a 3. And both Walking Dead mazes will be headed for the glue factory when this is over as neither has made it out of the gate....."

:P

My most anticipated mazes:

Tied for #1: El Cucuy, Evil Dead, Insidious, Black Sabbath, UMR, Walking Dead, and Walking Dead Terror Tram. :P

Seriously though, I'm excited for each one and think that each will not only have some excellent scares, but other unique qualities and details that make that particular maze stand apart from the others. And I can't wait to see them all! :D

Edit/ Additional commentary:

I think that Murdy, especially with more input this year from Williams, is starting to make an even more noticeable turn from stacked jump scares to serious storytelling. From what I have read and seen in the vids, environment has always been huge, but the overall storytelling was lacking sometimes in its cohesiveness. I think Murdy's time off (paternity leave) gave him some time away from the "Universal machine" and allowed him to solidify what is important to him (the story), and Williams, gaining some influence due to that time off, would naturally help bring further to the forefront what would be most important to the Artistic Director (environment, mood and effects).

• Like 1

Some people in here remind me of the General Public but I won't say names... I agree with Ferox though. Anyways i'm most excited for our Soundstage house Black Sabbath 13 3D. You saw what Chris Williams can do in a tent house. Now he has an SS... oh the possibilities.

Ah Zero, our little ray of sunshine, don't hold yourself back. Say the names, we'd love to know who you're thinking of.

And if you even dare to try to name me, I'll let you know that #1. that's sexist, and #2. I was playing RE and SH when you were an infant. :P

• Like 2

Just curious out of those of you who voted for BS:13 3D would it still be your most anticipated this year if it wasn't in a SS? I think that's a big reason why its getting so many votes. I could be completely wrong tho.

While not the only reason I voted for Black Sabbath, just thinking about the production possibilities with the Soundstage probably carried it over the top. El Cucuy would have been my next pick.

I kinda felt like some people went "oh, original, click" for Black Sabbath and El Cucuy. Granted, they'll both prob be badass, but sometimes there's this weird "original is better" mentality that goes on around here.

Confession time: I chose El Cucuy because of the whole calling it thing.. What can I say, I'm only human! :P

Outside of Cucuy, I probably would be the single vote for Walking Dead: No Safe Haven, but more for the Backlot Experience and Scare Zone than the actual maze itself.

And outside of all of the listed mazes, I'm most stoked for the VIP experience. Especially after seeing the pic of Murdy in a dress! :lol:

I kinda felt like some people went "oh, original, click" for Black Sabbath and El Cucuy. Granted, they'll both prob be badass, but sometimes there's this weird "original is better" mentality that goes on around here.

Th only reason El Cucuy and Black Sabbath are my two most-anticipated is that I almost have no idea what to expect. With the rest, I have a rough idea on what it's going to be like.

Out of all the new mazes (Not counting UMR 2.0 or the Trerror Tram) I picked Black Sabbath since I'm very intruiged to see how it'll be pulled off, Orlando has proven with The Inbetween that you can make a very scary 3D maze with bright colors. (It looks like Afterlife will follow suite). So I'm curious to see if Hollywood can do the same and thus it's my most anticipated.

El Cucuy is right behind, since I downright love this type of creepy story. Really dark childhood fears is a favorite of mine.

Next is Insidious, weather you like or hate the film, I feel this will translate very well into a maze.

After that is Walking Dead : No Safe Haven. This is on the lower end since I'm not a big fan of the series. I can imagine it'll be good, but the theme and such doesn't grab me like the others.

Dead last is Evil Dead, now while I did like the remake/reboot...my concern is just like with Orlando's. Because of how the movie is, I feel it's going to translate into the kind of maze I don't like. Mazes which are more about watching others getting mutilated/attacked and you're just watching instead of being a part of it is just not my kind of maze.

And a dead tie (ha!) with Evil Dead, Black Sabbath, and El Cucuy neck in neck in 1st place. No love for The Walking Dead Maze, Monsters Remix and the Terror Tram as Insidious clinches the 2nd spot.

P.S. Why is Evil Dead not in the lead anymore for most anticipated house?! I thought the chainsaw and blood spray concept art would for sure give it the hype it deserves to overtake El Cucuy and Black Sabbath. That in addition to the rumored effects, including the disappearing wall shown briefly by MiceChat (Was it Micechat?), this seems to be the most technical maze of the lot. Add in the textured floors and ceilings and we have a maze experience that's never quite been done like this before at HHN.

Edited by JGmoney1996

You've seen the disappearing wall before. Scrims! They use em every year, prominently in NOES:NSA though.

Unless this is a different effect.

Looking at the preview pictures, it's most certainly a scrim. Certainly nothing new, especially since Silent Hill last year in the same location used about three of them.