What is Your Most Anticipated House for HHN Hollywood 2013?

Most anticipated house  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What's your most-antcipated maze this year?

• Universal Monsters Remix: Resurrection
    • El Cucuy: The Boogieman
    • Evil Dead: Book of the Dead
    • Insidious: Into the Further
    • The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven!
    • Black Sabbath: 13 3D
    • Terror Tram: Invaded by the Walking Dead

So tell me people. I threw in the Terror Tram just because I can't leave it out. Haha

So mine is going to be Black Sabbath. I love their music, it's an original concept so I don't know what all to expect, and then...soundstage. Do need to say more?

El Cucuy is number two for me because of the storytelling aspect, but it will be pretty suburban for environments. Even then, I still won't know what to expect.

Walking Dead is number three. I can't wait to see how they pull off the latest season.

Evil Dead and Insidious will be really fun to see played out. I'm excited to finally see Evil Dead to come to life.

Monster Remix....eh. It'll be fun I'm sure.

From least to most anticipated:

UMR Resurrection: I hated this maze last year probably won't be any different.

Terror Tram: This sounded really promising this year because of the rumors of a new route, but it is just the same with season 3 props..

Insidious: Don't get me wrong I'm excited for this maze (and Darth Maul) but the other mazes are even more epic!

Black Sabbath 13 3D: Wasn't really excited for this until they announced it was in a soundstage.

El Cucuy: After 3 years of La Llorona it feels like a fresh breath of air for a new original maze.

The Walking Dead: This area just seems sooooo cool can't wait to do this.

Evil Dead: I have a feeling this'll be Maze of the Year. Murdy seems like he's going all out on this (raining blood, Cabin, we're gonna get you)

Edited by UniversalStudiosGeek

Least to most

7. Insidous, Im not saying its gonna suck, Im just not excited ti see Darth Maul. That being said I am excited for this maze because it's our first Haunting maze, since Murdy has always wanted to shy away from "Ghost/Haunted House Mazes" and I cant wait to get a Hot Pocket! Ham and Cheese Please!

6. Monster Remix: Resurrection, I loved it last year, I'll love it this year I don't understand the blind hate some people have for it but it's fun and has that Halloween feel to it and it's House Of Horrors what do you guys realy expect from it?

5. Terror Tram, It's low on my list not because "It Walking Dead again " but becuase we know virtualy nothing about except it wont feature the prison and the Psycho photo op.

4. Black Sabath: 13, Finaly our long awaited SS Maze, I like BS not a huge fan but I know enough to appreciate this maze and can't wait to see the nuke go off.

3.The Walking Dead, Huge Walking Dead fan so can't wait for this the street experience, the prison, the governer, just can't wait PS this is tied with for #2 with..

2. Evil Dead, Love The Originals, Love The Remake, Love Mia, Let it pour blood from the sky baby!!!! oh yeah and some tounge cutting action....Groovy!

1. El Cucuy, grew up with this love the idea and approch. I'm a huge buff of Urban Legends and folk lore so this right up my ally, plus Danny Trejo is unfolding the story? Badass! And Who would'nt love Murdy as Dr. Albmondigas (Mexican meatball soup btw lol)

• Like 1

From least to most!

UMR - that guy saying El Cucuy is the worst idea in HHN history is very wrong. That totally belongs to this junk and I hate that it was brought back. Since its just the HOH, luckily that doesn't hinder my excitement for this year or make me dock points from this amazing line up.

Terror Tram - TWD TT last year was the best TT since 09, so I'm confident they can get it up to par again. Literally, my only request is to actually put us in the story this year instead of doing another freakin commercial. Print the premiere date everywhere you want, but for the love of god, don't make the narrator of the tram say it (after the route, sure, but before we get off? Cmon)

Black Sabbath - not a fan of music mazes but this does have quite a lot of potential. It'll be my first soundstage maze as well, so that has me super excited. The 3D I'm looking forward to along with the video scare. Even if its pulled off all amazingly well, I'm having a hard time imagining this being at all scary. Like the two Cooper mazes before it, lyrical music doesn't make for the scariest of mazes.

Insidious - first-ish paranormal maze and I can't wait to go in the further! However, I have an odd eerie feeling thisll be the biggest dud of the event and i can't shake it either.

The Walking Dead - last year, TWD was easily maze of the year. If this even replicates some of that energy, we're looking at something fairly hardcore here. With a more dark environment and focus on a location, this has potential to be even better than "Dead Inside."

El Cucuy - I have high hopes for this, but like Insidious, can also see it falling flat. However, that gut feeling isn't there and I'm imagining thisll be the most surprising maze that HHn has done. There's no limits on character since even the villian is morphable - the possibilities are limitless. Not restricted to a film's villain or a random song's vague lyrics, this character can easily be the scariest. With any luck, if it channels La Llorona, this'll be a classic.

Evil Dead - the original is my all time favorite horror film and i dug the remake to an extent. Considering mUrdy is going all out and no expenses were cut for it, I'm expecting it to be balls out and insane in here. I'm expecting dark, gritty, intense, and unexpected scares that could be - just COULD BE the best maze of all time.

Edited by DTH316

Least to Most

UMR:Resurrection: Didn't go through it last year but I dislike the concept alot. Can't stand dubstep.

TT: It is what it is, but I'm having high hopes for this one. Feel like they can do more with the 3rd season than both season 1 and 2 of TWD.

Insidious: Dislike the movie alot as well as Darth Maul. Still have trouble seeing how this maze is gonna be scary, but hopfully I eat crow.

Walking Dead: I think I went in this maze at a bad time last year, because I didnt enjoy it. Not a fan of the show but have seen season 1, 2, and halr of three. I think season 3 has better scenery than the other 2 seasons so I'm hoping on this one being better.

El Cucuy: Because of La Llorona, in putting high hopes into this one. I think it's gonna be intense.

Evil Dead: Huge fan of the original series, and I enjoyed the new one alot. Can't wait to see it rain blood. Fingers crossed for Ash cameo.

BS 13:3D: Haven't really been a Black Sabbath fan since I was 15 but everything in this maze just sounds awesome. Sounstage, ww1 trenches, gas masks, and possible plague doctors is just to many pluses. Just hope it's not too colorful from the 3D.

Edited by TeenagerFromMars

Least to Most:

UMR: Resurrection: I enjoyed the maze last year for what it was but with Figure involved I'm not crazy excited for this one and I would of liked a new

concept for the house of horrors.

Terror Tram: I always enjoy the Terror Tram regardless of theme and the reasoning this is so low on my list is because its a repeat theme from last year.

Walking Dead: Big fan of the show and comics but seeing another Walking Dead maze just doesn't get my blood flowing like when it was announced last year. Because the maze is on the backlot tho it makes me more excited and hopeful its gonna be fresh and a fun maze.

BS:13 3D: I have listened to Black Sabbath for years and having a maze based on their songs sounds like a great idea and definitely better than having a a returning Alice Cooper for a 3rd year in a row.

El Cucuy: The whole concept and and tone of the maze sounds awesome very very dark and creepy just like La Llarona was. I'm expecting great things from this maze based on how good La Llarona was in both 11' 12'.

Evil Dead: Big Evil Dead fan loved the first 3 movies and really enjoyed the remake and although the originals were high up on my dream maze list this is probably the best were ever gonna get so I will take it. (the remake might make a better maze anyways)

Insidious: This has been on the top of my list for dream houses to come to HHN since I saw the movie on opening night. So of course this is gonna top my list, no other maze announced could have topped Insidious its just not possible for me.

Least to most

UMR- I know it's not gonna be scary so not looking forward to it all.

TT- Having it be TWD helps it a lot, but it's still the same stuff since I've been going back in 07.

13:3D- would've been stoked for this if the 3D aspect was taken out. 3D mazes always just kill the scary atmosphere to me, but really hope I'm proven wrong and this maze kicks ass.

El Cucuy- I thought La Llorona was terrifying so very interested in seeing how this maze plays out.

Insidious- I'm a fan of the first movie can't wait for chapter 2. I think this maze will be high on the creepy factor and just really looking forward to it.

TWD- Loved it last. I feel like season 3 was made to be a maze with the prison hallways. Also I think the outside atmosphere with the walkers roaming all around is gonna get you absorbed into that world.

ED- Thought the movie was scary and now gonna see it all in person. Murdy wants to go all out on this one so I feel the cast will as well. Really looking forward to some blood rain and possibly shitting my pants. Already called dibs on going up front for this maze.

Least to most favorite? Alright.

UMR. It's the HOH. I honestly think that UMR isn't a really bad idea as far as "things we can do to make the HOH interesting" but this is clearly at the bottom of the list. Will it be fun? Maybe. I like that Figure is making the entire soundtrack which could help unify the tone of the maze.

TT. I have some hope for it since they seem to want to make the TT have more to go with TWD than zombies with distinct prosthetics, but I don't have a huge amount of hope for this. My hope for a new tram route being smashed hurts my excitement for this one too.

Insidious. Aside from the red faced demon, I'm excited for this one. Tiny Tim creeps me out so I'm looking forward to that...I expect a lot of good atmosphere.

TWD. It's a repeated property, but it was a lot going for it. All new locations, a huge venue, and a backlot scarezone leading into it.

Evil Dead. Well, I'm a gorehound. No doubt about that. It's not the original series, but I'm sure the maze will have a lot of references to the originals since Evil Dead is mostly made out of references to the original movies. I'm really curious as to how they plan on pulling off the raining blood.

El Cucuy: Adding Danny Trejo to the mix is exciting. It really ups the "storytelling" aspect that will help realize the theme. Character design is pretty cool so far. The fact that this is a surprise and it was just confirmed is probably making me more excited too.

Black Sabbath 13 3D. Soundstage! I've been a big fan of Black Sabbath so this is exciting. I also see this as Universal learning from their mistakes and making a 3D maze that is supposed to scare instead of just look pretty. I like occult horror and nuclear fallout stories, so this has a lot going for it as well.

Overall a great lineup.

• Like 1

#1 Evil Dead: My favorite horror movie in a loooooong time. It's a gory bloodbath. The movie itself is extreme you can only imagine what the maze will be like!

#2. El Cucuy: Since I am Latino and this creature has been the reason I behaved when I was small what's not to love. Also im going to the HS Danny graduated from and I live in the area were he grew up. So im proud to say that in this area im the biggest HHN fan so this maze is kinda a great honor!

#3. Black Sabbath: I wasn't thrilled at first but then it got much better. I started to like their music. It will be in 3D and in a soundstage!

#4. The Walking Dead: I was only mad when this was announced cuz that meant no RE. But who cares, a backlot experience and it's based on S3. Im in!

#5. Insidious: Better than UMR. I'll give it a shot or two hopefully it scares me!

#6. Universal Monsters Remix: Best HOH overlay

#7. Terror Tram. Aaahh im turning into Freak! I don't care about it. It's TWD again and same location, who cares!

Just realized a bit ago that this topic existed. So let me give you my 2 cents.

Least to Most:

UMR: Resurrection: I'll be honest. This maze is bad... really bad. But I had fun in it. I'm one of those people that likes bad movies ironically and all I could do was laugh at the concept while I was inside. That probably means I'll have just as much fun in it this year, but my excitement is nowhere near any of the other mazes.

Terror Tram: When I went on Terror Tram last year, it was so busy, I could barely move for most of the walk. I just couldn't enjoy it as much as everyone else sadly. This year, I hope I can get there early when it doesn't get busy and actually enjoy it. That being said, because it's the same route and because It's technically been done before, I feel only a slight amount of excitement for this.

Insidious: I saw the first one with a friend of mine last week and we both REALLY disliked it. We thought the concept was kind of dumb and the way the movie played out was badly done. For now, my hype is low on this maze. I just can't see it being good. I'm going to see the second as it looks scarier in a way with some better environments for the maze so that may change my opinion on the franchise closer to the event.

Walking Dead: Other than the finale, I loved season 3 of the Walking Dead. It has some great environments and should be a very large scale and scary maze, especially considering last year's WD maze was my favorite. The only reason it's ranked #4 on my list is because there are 3 mazes that actually seem better this year. I'm still really excited for this maze and the surrounding scarezone.

El Cucuy: This maze is probably going to be REALLY scary and have REALLY creative monsters, but for some reason, I keep telling myself that it will be too similar to La Llorona. I don't know why I think this, especially considering we know that won't be the case based on Murdy's tweets. But I was never really excited for La Llorona either as I never grew up with the story, but the maze really caught me by surprise. I don't know enough about El Cucuy to put this higher on my list, but even though I'm not quite excited for it, I have a feeling it'll be one of the better mazes.

BS:13 3D: What can I say? This is going to be a soundstage maze so whether or not it will be epic has already been determined. This maze will most likely be, based on the technology, brilliant. And the fact that this will also be the largest and possibly longest maze we've ever had just makes me so much more hyped. Whether or not it's scary matters, and I think this will be a darker take on 3D, especially with the concepts and ideas that Murdy mentioned will fill the maze. I'm not a Black Sabbath fan as I only know a few of their songs, but since it won't have the monsters looking like members of the band, I don't have to worry. I can't wait for this maze!

Evil Dead: I love the trilogy in addition to the remake. This maze will be terrifying. I just know it. Murdy's comments on not holding back on effects just makes me look forward even more to this maze. I've only been going to the event since 2010, but I feel as though this will be the best maze I've ever been in.

Edited by JGmoney1996