(Official) HHN Hollywood 2013 Meet-up Thread

So, I'm starting to plan my annual pilgrimage to Holywood (bad puns, I know. lol), and thought it would be a good time to start the meet-up thread. As it stands now, I'm looking at Sat., Sept. 28th (which happens to be mai birfday too!).

Sept. 20: Freak, Kurseddragon, Avila, kwyjibo

Sept. 21: Kursedragon, kwyjibo

Sept. 27: Hatchet

Sept. 28: HigbeeHaunt, JillValentine

Oct. 4: AsylumSB, TeenagerFromMars, Mr.HHN

Oct. 5: ferox, djevilclown.

Oct. 6:

Oct. 11: UniversalStudiosGeek, kwyjino

Oct. 12: Hhnh86987, wusty92191, jamor

Oct. 13: Hhnh86987, wusty92191, Freak

Oct. 17:

Oct. 18:

Oct. 19: Ridesandstuff

Oct. 20:

Oct. 24:

Oct. 25: UniversalStudiosGeek

Oct. 26:

Oct. 27

Oct. 31: Grindhousehero13

Nov. 1: Grindhousehero13

Nov 2: Mr. HHN, Kurseddragon

*Multi-night pass nights are marked in red.

*VIP is marked in Blue

October 4th, 5th, or 6th. It all depends if the event will be officially scheduled on Friday and/or Sunday that weekend. I would prefer to attend on the 5th so I could meet up with Ferox and we could argue about the type of oil the deep fried twinkies are cooked in (just kidding, Hee Hee).

I'm getting a FOL pass. Have you done VIP before?

Nuh-uh, last year was our first time and we had FOLs. Between the passes and early entry/ heading downstairs first, it worked out really, really well. We had a somewhat leisurely time (able to shop, eat, do all the rides, do downstairs mazes twice, see Bill & Ted, etc...), so I figured the only way to top that would be to do the VIP. :)

• Like 1

Tthe whole reason I joined this forum last year was to learn a good strategy for HHN, and I took what I learned here and it worked amazingly. =)

Def do early entry and if given the choice of TT or lower lot, choose lower lot if you have the FOL. We had all of lower to ourselves (group of about 20 -30) for a half hour - practically EVERYONE in early entry chose the TT. We were able to do Transformers, SH, TCM, some fairly quick shopping, Mummy, SH, J Park, TCM and then head upstairs just as the masses were heading down*. :)

*All without needing to use the FOL even once!

Wish I woulda used that approach. One of the workers talked my group into going to the TT early over Transformers which still took about an hour to go all through. By the time we got out each maze was over an hour wait and WD was 2 and a half. Didn't do FOL last year so it was horrible haha. Doing VIP this year so wont be having that problem.

• Like 1

But by doing that Jill you miss the opening scareamonies wich I wouldn't like to miss :\

Yeah, but I weighed out the options prior and it was an informed choice. By the time we went there were already videos up (of the scarimonies), and I think being able to just walk onto the lower lot rides and mazes (sometimes twice!) with zero wait was worth missing the opening.