The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Mark M.

hhn-texas-chainsaw-massacre.jpg.98fa70d1d942f0707153229e1bd5ea22.jpg

Step into the dilapidated Texas home of the depraved, sadistic Sawyer family who welcome you with razor-sharp blades and a roaring chainsaw.

You’ve seen the 1974 horror classic. Now It’s your turn to experience it for yourself. Enter the dilapidated Sawyer house and meet Leatherface and his demented family of merciless butchers. Will you make it out in one piece? Or in pieces?

• Step right inside the story experiencing every nightmarish moment for yourself.
  • Explore every familiar room of the Sawyer home, from the parlor to the blood-splattered kitchen.
  • You’ll face carving knives. Meat cleavers. Meat hooks. And of course, that roaring, slicing, flesh-ripping chainsaw.

Inspired by the 1974 iconic slasher film "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre," the "Halloween Horror Nights" mazes at both Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood will depict a disturbing and intense experience as guests try to outrun the maniacal Leatherface and his unrelenting chainsaw. Guests will embark on a killer journey through a series of familiar scenes from the film and eventually fall victim to a family of cannibals. From a dilapidated gas station to an eerie, old farmhouse, they will witness unimaginable horrors around every corner, soon discovering that nowhere is safe from the demented Leatherface.

• 3 weeks later...

While they did a really good job at capturing the aesthetic settings and tone of the original TCM, but it’s interestingly doesn’t set the story of the film in any way compared to Hollywood’s, setting it between the first and second as a bridge. I got one really good scare from one of the Leatherfaces who danced around with his chainsaw like at the end of the original, which made me applaud by extending one of my arms up with a fist while saying “Yeeeeeeah!!,” even his other brother Chop Top is in the house.