Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

I find it hard to believe we have a complete "list" of all the houses. I mean, I expect IPs, but to have a majority of them as IPs? Really? What about the 100 year anniversary of Universal Monsters?? What about their original houses ala Gothic and Dead End? Those are my FAVORITES. I'm not complaining about the IP houses - I grew up with AWIL, and it fascinated me, so I'd LOVE that; I also loved Cabin and Evil Dead (but those have so many similarities.. it's like: PICK ONE). I don't know.. I'm not buying it. Maybe I'll eat these words later, but I simply cannot and will not believe they would not address the 100 year anniversary.

• Like 2

I find it hard to believe we have a complete "list" of all the houses. I mean, I expect IPs, but to have a majority of them as IPs? Really? What about the 100 year anniversary of Universal Monsters?? What about their original houses ala Gothic and Dead End? Those are my FAVORITES. I'm not complaining about the IP houses - I grew up with AWIL, and it fascinated me, so I'd LOVE that; I also loved Cabin and Evil Dead (but those have so many similarities.. it's like: PICK ONE). I don't know.. I'm not buying it. Maybe I'll eat these words later, but I simply cannot and will not believe they would not address the 100 year anniversary.

From April 30...

Welcome to a new "era or darkness". lol

Honestly they have done the classics to death. '09 and just last year are the most recent ones that come to mind. The GP doesn't know this is 100 years of horror. They probably barely knew is was 100 years of Universal last year... and only bc they had it pushed on them in advertisement.

I don't like the IP to original ratio... But is it really a surprise? Last year was nearly just as bad. Now we have the same amount of originals... but one extra IP. Hardly a stretch. I knew the powers that be would see the insane crowds as a positive response to the changes... I knew that before the event even happened last year.

I'm sure we are getting better stories this year. But as for what is presented by marketing? I'm a lot less confident. I'm assuming TWD will be there advertisement... or something like that. Maybe Cabin in The Woods. But the main site I'm concerned will be just like last year. Simple info for the uninitiated. HTML 5 with little to no frills. I would guess the games will be back again as we already know HU/LT is doing stuff. But I'm not expecting a '05, '08, '09.... or even a '04 site. I just don't see it that the powers that be feel there is value in it... I hope I'm wrong.

I just don't see it that the powers that be feel there is value in it... I hope I'm wrong.

The sad reality is that, with the crowds last year saw, there's proof that there ISN'T a true value in fancy websites and original stories. All the compelling website games, canonical stories and unique characters don't matter to a general public whose ONLY interest is TV, movies and alcohol.

Horror Unearthed, Legendary Truth, Carey, are designed and directed to a fraction of attendees who buy their Frequent Fear Passes sight-unseen and will attend multiple nights regardless of what is presented. From a financial perspective, I don't really blame the powers-that-be operating things they way they are now. From an artisitic view-point it pisses me off, but theme parks aren't about artistry (despite how much fans like to say they are).

• Like 2

Honestly, I'm surprised I'm not upset by this ratio. But I think it'll be a good year. I'm expecting some actual SZ's this year, and the 100 Years of horror will probably be addressed by the lagoon show, which I'm assuming is returning. Maybe it's also the stepped up game presence, but I'm excited for this year. If the rumored show turns out to be true, I think we're going to have a fun, varied year. And there will be more people eaters available, which is always a good thing.

• Like 2

THIS. I am in COMPLETE agreement here. I don't think this list of houses is IT. At all. Something doesn't fit or sound right, and the lack of an anniversary is almost too weird. CiTW is, as I have mentioned in the past, a fantastic way to handle the 100 years of horror idea. But that's just me.

More importantly, can we please talk about Dr. Jimmy's mention of the Rocky Horror rumor?!?!?!?!?!?! SO EXCITED ERMAHGERD.....I would die. Please, HHN gods, PLEASE let Rocky Horror replace the magic shows....

• Like 1

THIS. I am in COMPLETE agreement here. I don't think this list of houses is IT. At all. Something doesn't fit or sound right, and the lack of an anniversary is almost too weird. CiTW is, as I have mentioned in the past, a fantastic way to handle the 100 years of horror idea. But that's just me.

More importantly, can we please talk about Dr. Jimmy's mention of the Rocky Horror rumor?!?!?!?!?!?! SO EXCITED ERMAHGERD.....I would die. Please, HHN gods, PLEASE let Rocky Horror replace the magic shows....

I think it's too early to be "sure" of anything. My first impulse was to say, "Well, shit, if this really is the deal, then my thoughts of flying down THREE times for this year is scrapped." We flew down twice last year, and it was awesome to get to experience everything for two whole weekends. I know, I know, you all get it every weekend, but this was a big deal for us... so much so, that we were already figuring the logistics of the trifecta. So, I'll just sit back and watch you all speculate because I SUCK at it, and then we'll see what actually sticks. I'll make the decision on travel much, much later.

Rocky Horror would be great if they didn't tame it down to a cheesy G rating. I mean, seriously, WTF - this isn't Disney which is why I love it so much.

• Like 2

If it is the list, its the list.. We cant do anything about it.. Am I disappointed? Yes and no

Yes cause Im old skool HHN and would love to see the stuff the minds can come out with on there on, but sadly $$ sales and this will break in the crowds.

HHN is one giant commercial these days, but A&D still likes the fans and they do care about us.. Hell the site may suck but LT/HU was created to bring us a new form of interactive outside the main site and it worked.

• Like 2

Part 1: Image of man. The letters SMCFSUHJFBPMO appear over is eyes.

Part 2:

Sometimes a different method helps when things remain the same.

Don't get caught within your cage and figure out the mcod.

Part 3:

How this series ends is how this series began; the tool remains the same

Ponder on patterns, couplets and rhymes, and you will figure out the MCOD.

The tool is obviously still the phone pad.

SMCFSUHJFBPMO = 7623784532766

MCOD = 6262

With patterns and clues, highlighted and underlined respectively, MCOD also = name.

7 = PQRS

6 = MNO

2 = ABC

3 = DEF

7 = PQRS

8 = TUV

4 = GHI

5 = JKL

3 = DEF

2 = ABC

7 = PQRS

6 = MNO

6 = MNO

ROBERT GLEASON

This would have to be a loosely based character. A very loosely based character.

Gleason was executed in Greensville Corrections Center this year.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 1

Oops! Forgot to quote....that was in reference to the Ifrit clue that was posted just a few posts ago...my bad lol

Oh. Looking at the clue, GAME and NAME seem to be the only words that make contextual sense. Was that mug-shot figured out at all? If not, maybe that's what this is the cipher-key for. I'm assuming by "series" it means the prison clues that just started. So the tool would be the phone-pad that Heather used to find the coordinates.

EDIT - Heather beat me to it.

And Robert Gleason... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/19/robert-gleasons-last-words_n_2511254.html

The only thing of note seems to be that he chose electricution over lethal injection.

Edited by Legacy

Oh. Looking at the clue, GAME and NAME seem to be the only words that make contextual sense. Was that mug-shot figured out at all? If not, maybe that's what this is the cipher-key for. I'm assuming by "series" it means the prison clues that just started. So the tool would be the phone-pad that Heather used to find the coordinates.

EDIT - Heather beat me to it.

And Robert Gleason... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/19/robert-gleasons-last-words_n_2511254.html

The only thing of note seems to be that he chose electricution over lethal injection.

Well, his last words were also unique. Irish Gaelic.

We've seen old sparky seating outside a tent, yes?

So, are we going to see an execution?

Well, his last words were also unique. Irish Gaelic.

We've seen old sparky seating outside a tent, yes?

So, are we going to see an execution?

A prison house without an electric chair seems like a waste. I mean, Old Sparky was initially purchased for Hellgate. I'm just curious about why the Ifrit seems to be emphasizing it. Maybe I'm just thinking too hard about it.

A prison house without an electric chair seems like a waste. I mean, Old Sparky was initially purchased for Hellgate. I'm just curious about why the Ifrit seems to be emphasizing it. Maybe I'm just thinking too hard about it.

Perhaps the house is based...oh nevermind...

• Like 1

Shocking!

Ahh, I see what you did der.

And to everyone saying "Old Sparky," are you referring to the electric chair from Hellgate Prison (2004), because that was Old Smokey...or is this some other electric chair or reference I don't know about.

Edited by TsunamiFox