HHN Hollywood 2013 Character Design Contest

What are the scare zones? It's not opening for me

There are no scare zones, in the contest you pick a classic Universal creature to re-imagine/re-invent.

Here's the list.

Dracula/Male Vampire

(as inspired by Dracula 1931)

Dracula’s Bride/Female Vampire

Renfield/Dracula’s Assistant

The Phantom of the Opera

(as inspired by The Phantom of the Opera 1925)

The Mummy

(as inspired by The Mummy 1932)

The Wolfman

(as inspired by The Wolfman 1941)

Werewolf

(as inspired by Werewolf of London 1935)

Ygor/Dr. Frankenstein’s Assistant

(as inspired by The Son of Frankenstein 1939)

Dr. Frankenstein

(as inspired by Frankenstein 1931)

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

(as inspired by Hunchback of Notre Dame 1923)

The Creature from the Black Lagoon

(as inspired by The Creature From the Black Lagoon 1954)

The Invisible Man

(as inspired by The Invisible Man 1933)

yup ill quote it for you

• Submit a one-page written description of your
character idea.
o Must include detailed information about the
look of the character’s face, skin, color, hair,
posture, costume, props (if any).
o Must include the character name from the list above that you are basing your design on.
o Must be typed in easily readable font on 8.5” x 11” letter-size paper.
Edited by Ridesandstuff

I almost feel like submitting a written description will be a waste of time. This is going to be voted on by the facebook page and I'm not even sure if most of the people who comment there can really read.

John brought this up on his twitter a few weeks ago. The written discription will go with a drawing made by one of the artists in his crew... The top ones they like will end up on facebook I will bet at least three of them are discreptions and not drawings.. If anyone thinks they have an awesome idea for something on the list submit it. GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ENTER

John brought this up on his twitter a few weeks ago. The written discription will go with a drawing made by one of the artists in his crew... The top ones they like will end up on facebook I will bet at least three of them are discreptions and not drawings.. If anyone thinks they have an awesome idea for something on the list submit it. GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ENTER

Well then shouldn't the drawings also be remade by their concept artist? Even if you're really good at the arts, it's still a little unfair.

Well then shouldn't the drawings also be remade by their concept artist? Even if you're really good at the arts, it's still a little unfair.

great point... I think everyone should have to do a one page write-up and put a pic in only if you want to... It is a new contest and there will be things that need fixed. I just hope it takes off and continues each year.