HHNH Random Thoughts, Debates, Opinions, Bickering...

If your friend tells you something in confidence, it's generally bad form to blab about it in public. Especially when they are contractually obligated to not leak that info. I've seen that from a lot of people here, even people who then say "Lol I promised to not tell anybody when they told me." Does this strike anybody else as a really jerk move? I honestly can't imagine doing that to one of my friends knowing there's a sliver of a chance they could get fired for it. Is there no desire to not be "that guy" who is told stuff and can't resist telling everyone around with no regard for people who are supposedly close to you?

• 1 month later...

I find it the opposite. Odd number years have the best lineup but the least best execution, as even numbers are weaker line ups but with a lot of punch. With 09 being the exception.

I still can't believe you still find 2010 to be our best year. Everyone I know of and myself included loathed that year. I kind of wanted to forget it ever existed. The only good thing that year was Bill and Ted. HoTC and F13 were good, but the rest was, "Meh!" IMO.

Little weird fact about HHN:

In 2011 The WWW venue had a maze based on The Thing. The Thing movie came out on October 14.

In 2012 The WD was there and Season 3 premiered on October 14.

It's not the 14th, and there won't be a maze based on it, but Robert Rodriguez's Machete Kills premieres Oct. 11th...

With El Cucuy coming this year, I'm hoping we'll get more folklore mazes...maybe every year. With that said (to my knowledge) there's not many Hispanic legends left besides el chupacabra, but that's being used by six flags and its a fairly recent legend (with reports starting somewhere in the 90s). So with that said, I'm willing to bet that we'll start seeing either asian legends or cryptids (with maybe el chupacabra included). Thoughts?

Edited by Ridesandstuff
  • Like 2

I always wanted a maze based on the most known cryptids all together like a maze with the theme of a "cryptid zoo". Seeing a maze just based on a big man in a monkey costume *cough* *cough* bigfoot, would be so tad. El Chupacabra, Bigfoot, Mothman, Lonch Ness & Mermaids (this could be pulled off in a maze; imagine in the jaws area on the terror tram). I honestly think this would make the best maze ever and would be like House of Horrors but instead of a universal monsters its unknown creatures. If HOH were to ever be replaced I think it should be a "Cryptid Zoo" ;) or even ... Cabin In The Woods,

I always wanted a maze based on the most known cryptids all together like a maze with the theme of a "cryptid zoo". Seeing a maze just based on a big man in a monkey costume *cough* *cough* bigfoot, would be so tad. El Chupacabra, Bigfoot, Mothman, Lonch Ness & Mermaids (this could be pulled off in a maze; imagine in the jaws area on the terror tram). I honestly think this would make the best maze ever and would be like House of Horrors but instead of a universal monsters its unknown creatures. If HOH were to ever be replaced I think it should be a "Cryptid Zoo" ;) or even ... Cabin In The Woods,

well you can settle for The Terror Ape if you're lucky enough to see him this year

• Like 2

With El Cucuy coming this year, I'm hoping we'll get more folklore mazes...maybe every year. With that said (to my knowledge) there's not many Hispanic legends left besides el chupacabra,

That's be interesting... I'd assume it'd be done IF the chose to do it, in the style that HHNO is doing AWiL (puppets, etc.)

The weirdest thing about the "fans vs. GP" thing is the concept that since the GP complains about stuff, they aren't fans. I've seen some of the more "die hard" fans for each event complain harder and faster than anyone in the general public.

The GP just wants to see Freddy and Jason every year they dont care about originality or obscure films

As annoying as the Freddy/Jason requests are, they honestly make up a tiny percent of the requests. Judging by how most people here define the "GP," you're assuming that the actions of a few people are projected onto a massive group of people. And for what? So we can make this imaginary group of people to compare ourselves too and feel special? Because we're on a forum? It just all seems so...silly.

Edited by ferox

Most common out of how many requested IPs? Even then, how is that better than the "true fans" on here wanting to see Chucky's Insult Emporium again?

It's just so silly to assume that most of the people who go the event don't enjoy it "the right way" or based on whatever we want to pretend they do/think, ignoring whatever the reality may be that they don't get the honor of being called a "fan." It's all so arbitrary and pointless.

"True fans" complain about HHN as much, if not more, than whatever the "GP" is. Would anybody disagree with that? Which is fine...I just think there's this really uncalled for elitism that only exists in the minds who want to be considered part of that elite with some people here. Can't we all just enjoy HHN without the self imposed elitism/pointless posturing about who gets to be called a fan?

Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

Looking at all of the Sabbath related updates now and digging through the comments. No mention of Freddy, Jason, Leatherface. But plenty of people saying that they hate band mazes, Orlando's lineup is better so I'm going to Knott's instead, SHAAARRRRRON jokes, and how the event is just an advertisement. So pretty much the stuff TRUE FANS say.

Even if they only want to see the big three, how does that make them lesser or "not true" fans? If saying "I'd rather see X instead of Y" or "I don't/didn't like X" makes you not a real fan, then nobody here is a fan. I've seen everybody, myself included, saying that they would rather see X than Y. I've seen everybody say that there was a maze they didn't enjoy. I also see a lot of the "GP" on twitter and facebook tell their friends months in advance that they can't wait for HHN this year again. They are all fans, and honestly considering how some people here seem to enjoy the idea of being a self described true fan rather than enjoying the event for the sake of enjoying the event, they are much better fans. They care about the event just because they like going instead of worrying about who gets the honor of being associating with true fans. If anybody here has that pretense, considering dropping it. You'll enjoy yourself and the event better. That kind of mentality is pure counterproductive pride. If you have that much of a passion for the event, you should be embracing those who enjoy it instead of pretending that you are special and they don't really enjoy it because...well whatever reason. If you do that you are just hurting yourself, because the people who think are the GP are going to enjoy the event more than you do.

(I use "you" in a universal sense here by the way.)

Edited by ferox

True, but something I really dont understand is why we argue so much about this. It is true that some people have different preferences like me I'd like RE over TWD so that doesn't make them lesser fans. But IMAO they are fans because they care about what they see in the event. We could say were diehard fans due to us caring about this more than anything, because honestly some of us would rather die before HHN closes it's gates forever. I know I would. But in my opinion the GP are the people that get dragged along to HHN that have no interest whatsoever who dont even know the maze lineup until they actually attend the event. So let's all be friends again LOL

But in my opinion the GP are the people that get dragged along to HHN that have no interest whatsoever who dont even know the maze lineup until they actually attend the event.

How many of those people exist? Looking at how many nights sold out last year, it's mathematically impossible for the "GP" to be even close to the majority. Which means that by definition they aren't the general public.