I just got home from seeing the movie The conjuring

And it was a great scary movie

And they filmed a lot of it on the backlot

From the lake scene to the hotel and even the cabin

So I think it will be at hhn an it fits a theme posed by demons

Like evil dead , insidus and exercist

so I think the theme for Hollywood maybe demons

Plus the people that made saw and insidus made this movie

This is a bit OT but... none of that movie was filmed anywhere near the backlot and I'm perplexed as to what would possess you to even say such a thing with such confidence. I hope you're not going around telling more people that as if it were fact.

• Like 2

Come on DTH, he was only off by about 2,600 miles. And he had the wrong production company.

Also, New Line cinema seems to hold the rights which raises a lot of issues. Maybe 2014, but that's not the name of this thread.

Edited by ferox

Speaking of...the two new "locations" that we don't already know about are being kept secret. Something is going on here and it should mean something good for us.

If DM becomes a venue again next year...we could see as many as eight mazes in 2014!

Edited by ferox

8 mazes + Terror Tram..... Wasn't this predicted around 2008 or something? I distinctly remember a Screamscape rumor from that era which hinted at a very ambitious HHN 2008 which included a maze based around the Orlando characters, a Stephen King-themed maze as well as brand new Freddy, Jason and Leatherface mazes, ALL on the lower lot...

That rumor was very very wrong than lol

2nd announcement should be coming this week guys. I'm very excited, as this one should be one of the ones that's more of a surprise since our assumed Insidious announcement is Aug 10th.

• Like 1

A urban legend like La Llorona, it's maze was based on the urban legend so it's an original maze. If we get a maze based on just demons that's not from any film or anything it's original.

This has been bothering me and Im sorry to get pedantic but I have some odd pet peeves. La Llorona isnt an urban legend, she's more of a ghost story or fairytale. Urban Legends are modern stories of questionable truth (i;e anything your mom shares on facebook that you prove wrong with a snope link.)

• Like 3

This has been bothering me and Im sorry to get pedantic but I have some odd pet peeves. La Llorona isnt an urban legend, she's more of a ghost story or fairytale. Urban Legends are modern stories of questionable truth (i;e anything your mom shares on facebook that you prove wrong with a snope link.)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's mom does that. hahaha

• Like 1

Orlando's ETR blogs have been mentioning phone calls with nobody answering and a human ear tied to a string. Soooo our next announcement should be TWD. Sorry, people who wanted a surprising announcement.

• Like 1

Someone link me to this supposed maze behind NY Street! Murdy said just today that FOUR mazes are now in construction.

If this "tram express to a maze" thing happens, we're in so much trouble. If you thought a three hour line for TWD was bad, just you wait!

• Like 2

Etc. etc. rumors "looks like a tent." The same updater confirmed a Shrek venue maze this year.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=James+Stewart+Avenue+and+royal+crescent+Universal+City,+CA&daddr=Main+St+%26+James+Stewart+Ave,+Universal+City,+CA+91602&hl=en&sll=34.141442,-118.354935&sspn=0.005035,0.010568&geocode=FSnxCAIduhny-CmLMJHRS77CgDEzSNOvwjtLYw%3BFbb2CAIdav7x-Cn7VogGOL7CgDE9xwBkpsWBBQ&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=17

So...about half a mile on foot. That's a good amount of space for a line. After the last studio tour during the daytime a team rushes in and gets the guardrails up.

Edited by ferox

so i got back from universal today and i noticed on the studio tour near King Kong on the right behind the giant black wall there was a walled off area that looked like they were buidling something maze like.

its to early to tell but i think we might be getting a backlot maze this year D:

• Like 1

it could be just soundwalls guys

What purpose would sound walls give if nobody would be back there. What was being constructed in the video looked like a potential maze to me.

I'm honestly not looking forward to the whole "Maze in the backlot" gimmick if this is true. We're going to be waiting in line to get into another line. Lineception!

Well screamscape did report a new walkthrough experience in the backlot this year right? Either it is a maze located in the backlot or something exclusive to VIP. Something that Murdy added in since he is now working on that. Could go both ways but who knows.

What purpose would sound walls give if nobody would be back there. What was being constructed in the video looked like a potential maze to me.

I'm honestly not looking forward to the whole "Maze in the backlot" gimmick if this is true. We're going to be waiting in line to get into another line. Lineception!

What If I told you that not everything that has to be constructed has to be a maze.

we could be going there in the TT but does it has to be a maze? they could be constructing something for decor purposes.