Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

I can see both Resident Evil & Cabin In The Woods by 2014.

Cabin In The Woods should have been used last year as the terror tram, the year the film came out. TWD already had a maze I heard was outstanding and the TT was just a rehash of it. HHN 2012 could of been the best with another property on its list but ya you know... Past is the past.

Edited by StraightEdge

So is there any ideas on the original maze? Here is some ideas. Sleepy Hollow, the story of Halloween, scary tales, return of the asylum, a greek mythology maze, and hansel and gretel. Could totally see the candy house as the facade. Also makes me wonder if the idea will be from a maze Orlando has already done.

• Like 1

I really hope that they don't do something Orlando has already done. If you do that you are competing against nostalgia, and nostalgia always wins. La Llorona was great (in part) because it was something that every haunt has done. Going for something cheap and obvious would be...well cheap and obvious.

So is there any ideas on the original maze? Here is some ideas. Sleepy Hollow, the story of Halloween, scary tales, return of the asylum, a greek mythology maze, and hansel and gretel. Could totally see the candy house as the facade. Also makes me wonder if the idea will be from a maze Orlando has already done.

I'd llooooovvveeee a Greek mythology or any mythological maze. I'm still holding out for an egyptian mythology house or a wendigo house (even though I know neither of those will probably happen). I'd like to see more legends like la Llorona as well. Edited by Ridesandstuff

Why is there so much fighting in here? You realize if you ignore him he will leave. Anyways, It hit me today that the story of Alice Cooper's album "The Last Temptation" and the cover all connect with the clues of Trickster. And would fit with the "wonderland" idea. I can see it being a mix of the book and the album just like Goes to Hell and Dante's Inferno.

• Like 1

Why is there so much fighting in here? You realize if you ignore him he will leave. Anyways, It hit me today that the story of Alice Cooper's album "The Last Temptation" and the cover all connect with the clues of Trickster. And would fit with the "wonderland" idea. I can see it being a mix of the book and the album just like Goes to Hell and Dante's Inferno.

You make a good case for Alice Cooper. Last Temptation pertains to a supernatural traveling show that references a theater in France that was known for gory horror productions. "The Theater of the Real - The Grand-est Guignol!" is modeled after the French theater known as "the big puppet" (white board clue?).

Also, the plays have dealt with asylums and "dark content". I am not familiar with the comic version of "Last Temptation" but I wonder if that partially inspired the (speculated) maze. Check out this article. Interesting.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Guignol

Edited by AsylumSB
  • Like 2

Alice Cooper was my favourite maze its first year. That was about it. Didn't suck the second time, but it was definitely enough. If they do Alice in Wonderland, I honestly hope they make a gruesome Disney version and then throw Alice Cooper in it, if they MUST use him.

Also, I hate repeat taglines. Kind of a let down; regardless of how good they sound.

I haven't heard anything yet.

...except Insidious...right? ;)

To quote DireBrian a while back on his speculation on Ozzy...that actually sounds like a good possibility. It fits the clues and his lyrical content can be 'dark'. Murdy has been pretty blatant about Alice Cooper and he is a carney. That would be a very clever carney trick if this were true.

To quote DireBrian a while back on his speculation on Ozzy...that actually sounds like a good possibility. It fits the clues and his lyrical content can be 'dark'. Murdy has been pretty blatant about Alice Cooper and he is a carney. That would be a very clever carney trick if this were true.

Hey! That was before I auditioned. Now I'm keeping my mouth shut, haha.

I personally think Murdy should be allowed to finish his Alice Cooper trilogy... but that's just me :)

Here here... I love every one so far and for completely different reasons.

The first one was scary and inventive.

The second one was actually humorous and unsettling.

I Can't wait to see how he concludes his idol's HHN shrine.

In one of the 8 ball sessions, Murdy outright denied my question about any folklore coming into play as a maze this year...

Kinda sad too, I wanted to see my Chupacabra or Nahual maze.

Part of me is so inclined to say that Trickster is some reference to lying or not telling the truth, and that CITW is going to be a great master reveal at the end and that John was the trickster all along. (I know the backstory of the Trickster, but the way he's playing it... I couldn't see John pissing people off by flaunting this in everyone's faces if it wasn't for a grand "trick" to play on everyone...) So difficult to read this one... it really is.

Insidious and Evil Dead, brought to you both by Jason Blum I mean Jason Blum only said it was "his movie" because he thinks all horror movies are his movie because of the tight knit circle. By the way all of a sudden I have inside sources (multiple!) and they say other things, despite not knowing if Cabin in the Woods is coming.

Seems legit to me.