Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

In case you guys haven't seen this...

Evil Dead is being built right now, its the venue behind Mummy at USH (that previously housed Silent Hill, Hostel, Saw, TCM etc). And for those who pay attention, the code name for "Evil Dead" was "Name Game" Didn't "open the window" because someone ruined it. Booo! The hint for Evil Dead was the connection between 3 people- 1) x-boy band member, 2) NBC TV Star in the 90's, 3) Make up artist- was "ED". 1.) JT was discovered by ED McMahon on Star Search, 2) Matt LeBlanc from Friends starred in the "classic" Uni monkey baseball movie ED.... and 3) Jack Pierce who designed the classic Universal Monsters ended his career working on the talking horse TV show "Mr. ED".... The picture hints tweeted a while back had Universal Monster magnets (Jack Pierce) and a statue of a monkey smoking a pipe (ED movie)... The ghost in the attic left hints on the DRY ERASE BOARD OF DAMNATION, including the word "initials." The Initials for Evil Dead are ED. The hints of course were designed to drive you INSANE, which I hope it did. Now the cat is officially out of the bag...on to the next maze.. And last, thanks to Fede, Bruce and Sam for allowing us to create "Evil Dead: Book of the Dead" Who knows where this will lead in the future.

Edited by Brianb14

Hail to the king baby

Avenged Sevenfold? :D

hey guys i havent been here since like last October LOL.

i'm excited for evil dead and i've been really behind on speculation. btw i might go to universal this saturday to take some pics of the maze construction

In case you guys haven't seen this...

Evil Dead is being built right now, its the venue behind Mummy at USH (that previously housed Silent Hill, Hostel, Saw, TCM etc). And for those who pay attention, the code name for "Evil Dead" was "Name Game" Didn't "open the window" because someone ruined it. Booo! The hint for Evil Dead was the connection between 3 people- 1) x-boy band member, 2) NBC TV Star in the 90's, 3) Make up artist- was "ED". 1.) JT was discovered by ED McMahon on Star Search, 2) Matt LeBlanc from Friends starred in the "classic" Uni monkey baseball movie ED.... and 3) Jack Pierce who designed the classic Universal Monsters ended his career working on the talking horse TV show "Mr. ED".... The picture hints tweeted a while back had Universal Monster magnets (Jack Pierce) and a statue of a monkey smoking a pipe (ED movie)... The ghost in the attic left hints on the DRY ERASE BOARD OF DAMNATION, including the word "initials." The Initials for Evil Dead are ED. The hints of course were designed to drive you INSANE, which I hope it did. Now the cat is officially out of the bag...on to the next maze.. And last, thanks to Fede, Bruce and Sam for allowing us to create "Evil Dead: Book of the Dead" Who knows where this will lead in the future.

ED. ED! HOW DID NONE OF US ASSUME ED WAS THE HINT TO EVIL DEAD? ALL WE CALL EVIL DEAD HERE IS ED. WHAT. THE. HELL. SO OBVIOUS IN HINDSIGHT. HE EVEN SAID INITIALS. HE EVEN PRIMED US BY CALLING IT THE DRY ERASE BOARD OF DAMNATION. Good one Murdy. Nobody even thought of "ED" being the answer, much less connected it to the three people. I should have assumed that the name Justin would have liked to hear again related to Starsearch. Hidden in plain sight there.

I still blame everyone who thinks "something to do with werewolves in the past" is the same thing as a name.

The good news is that since Murdy said that the last minutes being out of control were a hint. So that means...raining blood?

• Like 1

ED. ED! HOW DID NONE OF US ASSUME ED WAS THE HINT TO EVIL DEAD? ALL WE CALL EVIL DEAD HERE IS ED. WHAT. THE. HELL. SO OBVIOUS IN HINDSIGHT. HE EVEN SAID INITIALS. HE EVEN PRIMED US BY CALLING IT THE DRY ERASE BOARD OF DAMNATION. Good one Murdy. Nobody even thought of "ED" being the answer, much less connected it to the three people. I should have assumed that the name Justin would have liked to hear again related to Starsearch. Hidden in plain sight there.

I still blame everyone who thinks "something to do with werewolves in the past" is the same thing as a name.

The good news is that since Murdy said that the last minutes being out of control were a hint. So that means...raining blood?

I'm going to go ahead and say that I was looking for a name of the same person who somehow affected all 3.

Unfortunately, I had Ed MacMahon on my notes, as well as Jack Pierce as the make up artist (being that Murdy presented about him).

I just didn't realize the name was the same, but the person (or chimp) was different.

..balls.

Whatever, 5 or so more code names to go.

BTW, no where near enough info for Pumpkin just yet. I wonder when that's going to flesh out.

Good luck all

Do you guys think that this year they'll sell that pass where you can go back all month on select nights? (I forgot what they called it) I'm really hoping they do :) I should probably ask murdy this and not you guys huh :P

@HorrorNights Can you please answer my question on Jeepers Creepers?

@SaintOfSins1 No I've never considered it. Doesn't meet my criteria for a maze at HHN

He's never even considered it. I have no idea why people think John wants to work with a convicted child rapist. Honestly. Everyone who wants Jeepers Creepers needs to address the issue of Victor Salva pleading guilty to videotaping himself sexually abusing a 12 year old. Just stop with that speculation right now. It's not even an issue of not having a big enough following (which it really doesn't) anymore when you factor in the fact that Victor Salva is convicted sex offender. Even if you ignore the fact that Murdy now has a kid of his own and would oppose it on moral grounds, can you imagine the publicity? The news stories wondering if a pedophile was visiting USH to check out the maze? HHN has enough problems with the media without bringing a sexual predator who videotapes his crimes into the mix.

Sorry for that rant but really...what the hell people. What the hell.
  • Like 1

@Ferfox - Yeah, it becomes very annoying when people bring up Jeepers Creepers. I don't know how many times myself or someone else has had to explain everything you just said because someone was so adamant about a Jeepers Creepers maze. *sighs* I think the topic of a Jeepers Creepers maze should be permanently banned.

Ok, back to the Evil Dead announcement. Looks like I've missed a lot of excitement! Never have I been more happy about being wrong! As some know, I was one of the more vocal posters about HHNH not getting Evil Dead... No because I didn't want it to happen, because I did, but because of what happened last year when Sony approached them about Evil Dead. And then Knott's ended up with the property. And the history that Knott's and Sony have had in the past.

My excitement is really starting to pick up!

Edited by Stitch_101

Well, we all know Murdy's subtitle prowess hasn't been the same since "Kill, Jason, Kill" and even more obvious with "The Saw is the Law."

Shouldn't there be a discussion thread now since one maze has been announced?

Edited by DTH316

Some one change the wiki page for hhn,

yeah that tends to happen this time of year just don't pay it any attention.

Since I am Mod and can't confront him and our hero of the forums who slayed the troll the first time (steven) is on his off season everyone just ignore him, the staff has been informed of his return so in conclusion lets move on and I'll let Mz_ know

tumblr_lk0t2yeTvn1qbige3o1_500.jpg

I think I'm going to have to take some vacation leave from work just to stay caught up with the boards. Since last night, there has been laughs, tears, excitement, and the current drama known as "Kamp Kardasian". And to top it all off, Straightedge is becoming the voice of reason!

Edited by AsylumSB
  • Like 2