Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Wait... I am fairly confident we will be seeing either Birdemic: Shock and Terror or Nicolas Cage's remake of The Wicker Man as a maze this year. Thanks Tmrw for the hints, but that was just too easy...

None of these fit criteria. Try again

and StraightEdge i've been known for my sources in the past, do not doubt those in high places

Edited by Tmrw

I was joking about Birdemic and the Wicker Man... He said it could be about changes to the event, but for now I'm taking them to mean hints about mazes. 28 could be referring to 1928. Universal came out with "The Man Who Laughs" that year. A 13 minute short called "The Fall of the House of Usher" came out too... Usher... huh. The first horror movie one should be a movie from 1970's as he says "groovy". The nightmare one could be referring to Nightmare on Elm Street but that'd be too obvious. Welcome to my Nightmare was the first Cooper maze. So "in 3" could be referring to the end of the trilogy. Directed into the past... the Director? Could we be seeing the return of the Director and Usher? The space one could just be a comment on how the event needs more space. I'm guessing he means we'll be getting some more somehow... in the form of a soundstage? Or maybe it's just a comment in general on how the event is getting too crowded. That's all I have for now...

Edited by JGmoney1996

I was joking about Birdemic and the Wicker Man... He said it could be about changes to the event, but for now I'm taking them to mean hints about mazes. 28 could be referring to 1928. Universal came out with "The Man Who Laughs" that year. A 13 minute short called "The Fall of the House of Usher" came out too... Usher... huh. The first horror movie one should be a movie from 1970's as he says "groovy". The nightmare one could be referring to Nightmare on Elm Street but that'd be too obvious. Welcome to my Nightmare was the first Cooper maze. So "in 3" could be referring to the end of the trilogy. Directed into the past... the Director? Could we be seeing the return of the Director and Usher? The space one could just be a comment on how the event needs more space. I'm guessing he means we'll be getting some more somehow... in the form of a soundstage? Or maybe it's just a comment in general on how the event is getting too crowded. That's all I have for now...

I'm enlightened by your confidence at guessing,

The deeper you go should bring you a better direction of where this event maybe leading

Expect the unexpected...almost like a thriller home movie, something that should've been on the Silver Screen

This happens every year WAY too early. One or two things turn out right, basically as solid as our guesses, and others are way off. NOBODY knows what's happening this year. It could all change, even up to opening night, even if the hints were actual. Every single year, especially before even a codename drops or even before Murdy says properties are locked, someone claims to have insider info and it's always wrong. ALWAYS.

I honestly trust speculation more than insider info, at least speculation (as it develops by the time May or June rolls around) is 80% on.

Whether it's one of our posters who has the info or if they got it from a "source," it's best not to get carried away with what they say. I don't even take it with a grain of salt... I take it with a single size of an atom.

Last year, all the insiders were saying Eli Roth will return, The Exorcist was finally picked up, the Terror Tram had moved, the House of Horrors was done, etc.. And look at what happened. But, we got Silent Hill, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the Terror Tram stayed in the same place, scare zones were worse than ever, no new shows, no sound stage mazes, etc.. Wanna know why? Because all of that stuff was last minute. Every year, half of the event is last minute. Meaning no matter what anybody knows, especially this early in the stage, is like I said... worth less than a grain of salt. Because even if they know, or even Murdy knows, it'll just change. Press Releases happen late in the game for a reason, and it's not solely to gain buzz... it's because things change. It's even possible that the entire speculation line up is right, right now, and come opening night, it would have changed, or vice versa.

• Like 2

I don't think Universal would even need to promote Blumhouse. I see no reason why they wouldn't let Universal use their properties.

I mean, honestly, who's gonna spend $30 to go into an Insidious maze? They get away with high prices because it's original and innovative content.

Blum will continue to do his own mazes and if he was wise, let Universal use his properties so he could get more money to spruce up the budget on his event.

I think somewhere a ways back, someone asked why would Sony now let Universal use Evil Dead as a property after the Knotts fiasco? Well... I don't know, why not? Things can be fixed. This isn't middle school, afterall. As much as that sucked for Murdy, I'm sure the bridge wasn't totally burned. Plus, from what I could see and heard, it did the franchise hardly any justice at Knotts. If Sony really wants Evil Dead represented, they'll go to Universal now and with the movie out, they'll supply Murdy with all the footage he needs .

Edited by DTH316

I don't think Universal would even need to promote Blumhouse. I see no reason why they wouldn't let Universal use their properties.

I mean, honestly, who's gonna spend $30 to go into an Insidious maze? They get away with high prices because it's original and innovative content.

Blum will continue to do his own mazes and if he was wise, let Universal use his properties so he could get more money to spruce up the budget on his event.

I think somewhere a ways back, someone asked why would Sony now let Universal use Evil Dead as a property after the Knotts fiasco? Well... I don't know, why not? Things can be fixed. This isn't middle school, afterall. As much as that sucked for Murdy, I'm sure the bridge wasn't totally burned. Plus, from what I could see and heard, it did the franchise hardly any justice at Knotts. If Sony really wants Evil Dead represented, they'll go to Universal now and with the movie out, they'll supply Murdy with all the footage he needs .

The only thing to possibly take into account is the possibility that Sony gave Knott's the rights to Evil Dead for more then one year. They did give them the rights to use The Grudge 2 for 2 consecutive years after all.

I'm with you on that DTH. Sure those hints could be great for the event Murdy's hoping to have come HHN time... But just look at last year. SOOO much can change over the next few months. I mean how often has a code name had to be charged because of property switches? And that's even after a lot of the event is already "finalized" in concept.

Edited by Stitch_101

I'm gonna take these hint's coming from "high places" with a grain of salt, cuz like DTH said things change, and I really doubt someone found out all these things already. Lol

And I'm really hoping the problems between Sony and Uni are fixed if they are in talks to do Evil Dead. I seriously cannot wait for the remake after seeing the Red Band trailer for it. And the more I read about Mama and how well it's doing financially, and from a lot of friends that saw it after I recommended it , they enjoyed it too. So who knows.

• Like 1

GOING THROUGH CHANGES: THE HHNH STORY

2009 - The Wolfman is nixed and is replaced with My Bloody Valentine. 1 out of 3 mazes are changed (excluding the HOH)

2010 - Vampyre is bumped out of the Shrek queue into the HOH and all of it's design is scrapped for NOES to replace it. F13 comes in a joint deal with NOES, replacing an undisclosed property (that last bit was only speculation and hasn't been confirmed). HOTC goes to the T2 queue after originally being placed in the JP queue, relocated due to King Kong Express. 2 out of 4 mazes are changed. 2 other mazes are altered drastically.

2011 - Nicasio (whatever the codename was for) is replaced. Scream 1-3's rights aren't acquired and only the 4th film is able for use, and is used solely for the Terror Tram (again, speculation as it only seems obvious to go after the whole franchise to do a maze but that didn't work out so they thought quickly) . 2 out of 5 mazes are changed.

2012 - Amok is nixed and TCM takes its place. Another property (which didn't even last long enough to get the chance to be codenamed) is replaced by Silent Hill. Silent Hill is moved into the Mummy queue location half way into the design phase. 2 out of 5 mazes are changed. One is altered.

As history shows, every year changes from the original plan. And this is only stuff that we know about, so there could be more!

Omg I think slenderman took everybody lol :P anyway there is one big slasher that ranks up with the big 3 and has only been at HHN once I think John should consider him for this year if you know who I'm talking about.

That's what they get for not wanting Slenderman for HHN. Lol jk just a joke guys dont start with all your "SLENDERMAN WILL NOT HAPPEN AT HHN EVER!" I get it. I'm messing around.

& Michael Myers ;)

• Like 1

GOING THROUGH CHANGES: THE HHNH STORY

2009 - The Wolfman is nixed and is replaced with My Bloody Valentine. 1 out of 3 mazes are changed (excluding the HOH)

2010 - Vampyre is bumped out of the Shrek queue into the HOH and all of it's design is scrapped for NOES to replace it. F13 comes in a joint deal with NOES, replacing an undisclosed property (that last bit was only speculation and hasn't been confirmed). HOTC goes to the T2 queue after originally being placed in the JP queue, relocated due to King Kong Express. 2 out of 4 mazes are changed. 2 other mazes are altered drastically.

2011 - Nicasio (whatever the codename was for) is replaced. Scream 1-3's rights aren't acquired and only the 4th film is able for use, and is used solely for the Terror Tram (again, speculation as it only seems obvious to go after the whole franchise to do a maze but that didn't work out so they thought quickly) . 2 out of 5 mazes are changed.

2012 - Amok is nixed and TCM takes its place. Another property (which didn't even last long enough to get the chance to be codenamed) is replaced by Silent Hill. Silent Hill is moved into the Mummy queue location half way into the design phase. 2 out of 5 mazes are changed. One is altered.

As history shows, every year changes from the original plan. And this is only stuff that we know about, so there could be more!

Don't forget, 2008 - Bloody Mary/Reflections of Fear theme nixed and replaced with "Living Your Worst Nightmare"/NLC 3 repeat..