Doctor Cogstein's Re-Geared and Polished Review

Doctor Cogstein

So, I am new to the forum but have lurked for 2 years and have seen some people wearing nightmare shirts in the park so i decided to join.

EDIT: This Review has been Re-done. They are no longer in order of Favorites due to it being too hard to decide on.

Optoinal Backstory: I have gone several nights so far, i have to guide my disabled family memeber through the houses, so i get a nice slow look at everything. then i go back through without her. due to me guiding her walker, we get separated from the rest of the line, leaving me in the front for the scareactors.

Note: minor spoilers

1. Gothic - Beautiful scenery. I have gotten good scares in this house. i have no problems with this house and the scareactors get me good. Best scene for me was the flying bat-like gargoyle.

EDIT: first time i saw the flying scare actor in the outside part, that was really cool, other than that everything was good.

2. Dead end: I loved legendary truth, so this one i knew i was gonna like. The scares are good. Best scare i got was in the

Photo room. this house was better than legendary truth and loved the special effects.

EDIT: still a great house. nothing new on thoughts

3. Penn and Teller: I'm a sucker for 3-D houses. This one was amazing to me. It had decent scares and funny jokes/ Penn lines. i Loved the Buttons and little guest activated tricks. oh and that friking clown... has not scared me yet. clowns dont scare me i guess.

EDIT: No thoughts have change other than, Where is the Bride?

4. The Walking Dead: This was a great house. The actors were very energetic and were getting a lot of scares. Best scare for me was the deparment store fitting rooms. they came at me on both sides at the same time.

EDIT: This is still a great house and the scare actors have gotten their groove.

5. Silent Hill: Decont house. The cast for all the times i went were meh, none really came at me. the nurses scene with the fakes should have had more real nurses. pyramid head should have done more, it sucks if you miss him.

EDIT: Nothing too new to report

6. House of horrors: This was good for what had happend, I got some scares. mostley the dracula wives and wolfman got me. I truley though i was going to see Julian Browning in the first 2 scenes, he would have fitted in so well in those scenes.

EDIT: This house, OMG! This house was crazy, it has gotten SO much better than in the past! Frankenstein actually scared me with his bride! he ran down a hallway at me, never saw that any onther night! blew me away!

7. Alice Cooper: Least Favorite house for me. It was a decent house, but i just didnt like it. This may be due to me not knowing much about alice cooper or hise music. the only 2 songs i know are Schools out and no more mr. nice guy. so this one did not do it for me.

EDIT: This house has gotten much better and i now enjoy going through it. The scare actors have found their groove and are doing great now.

Steets: To be truthful, they were kinda lame. Bravo to the actors that work the streets but they just were not that good.

i push my family memebers blue walker, im not disabled in the slightest. my disabled family member rides in a scooter and i push the walker so she can go in the houses. But since im pushing the walking the scare actors dont try to scare me.

EDIT: The streets are no longer lame!! The scareactors have gotten much better. more of he actors are coming at me and are trying to scare me. Props to all the street and house scare actors!

hope you enjoyed my review.

• Like 1

We actually had a discussion about that. The other night we saw a teenage kid in a motorized chair he had to control with a tube in his mouth. I saw him twice in two different locations and both times I went out if my way to give him a (gentle) scare. Some of the other girls did too, and everytime he smiled ear to ear. Discussing it later we agreed that it was probably because most scareactors would avoid him because they weren't sure of his medical problems. I figure if he had medical problems that could be aggrevated by scares he probably wouldn't be in the park.

what scare actor were you?

Several scare actors walk by me but dont try to scare me.

I'm a Cast A Beast. In Mark Walter's earlier photos in the HHN 22 photos thread, I'm the one in the "aghoulinthedark" picture.

I did see that boy in the wheelchair, Kelise. I did walk by while staring at him and his family and growling, but I was unsure whether or not it would be appropriate to scare him simply because I didn't know what was wrong with him. I wasn't even sure how old he was, and whether or not he would have had the maturity to understand and react appropriately to the event. Since I couldn't see his expression well without my glasses, I decided to err on the side of caution and back off.

Well though I push a walker with a backpack on the front, I am in no way disabled. I push it for my family member who is in a scooter with me. I push it so she can walk with it through the houses.

Anyway, I will be there Friday, so if you see a husky guy pushing a walker, go ahead and approach me. I will give a peace sign to show it is me.

As someone who pushes an empty wheelchair, and sometimes wheels herself around, I've had no lack of scares either in the streets or the houses. I do understand the actors' concerns about the young people, though. Possibly it was just a coincidence of timing - but I'll bet you get some interaction on your next visit! :)

Thanks for the review - I enjoy hearing other people's thought and experiences.

• 2 weeks later...