Oct 5 crowds?

That'll be on Columbus Day weekend, which I've attended for the last two years and will be doing so again this year. I can vouch that Friday will be very busy, but it shouldn't be unbearable. If you utilize Stay and Scream (requires daytime park admission) or get in line well before the gates open (no later than 5:00), you shouldn't need an Express pass.

We've gone Columbus Day weekend since 2007 I think.

Thursday is never too bad and we get each house at least twice (as we have express passes). Maybe a 60min wait for a Saw-type house.

Friday is usually pretty crowded, but not too bad, we can do everything we want like twice. Maybe 90min max for Saw.

Sat is usually insane and we try to catch the shows and then do each house once with express. Saw a 180min wait sign for Saw, phone App said it was 210 min.

Sun is hit or miss. One year (I think 2 years ago) it was BUSIER than both Fri and Sat which made no sense. Other years, it's deserted and once I think we did Wolfman like 5 times simply because there was ZERO line. So we were getting ready to leave around 11pm (had an early Mon flight home) and just kept doing it on the general principle that there was ZERO wait when Saw had like a 90min wait. Sun we usually try to focus on hitting our favorite houses a few times and, if Bill & Ted was really good, maybe catching it again. Also, we use it as our "photo night" where we spend a lot of time wondering the zones taking pictures.

Every night begins with Pre-Game at Finnegan's including the greatest theme park food item ever - the potato web. Lots of Adult Beverages too :)