HHN 2012: Klownz

Freak

Here are my thoughts on the scarezones: Definitely a step up from last year. I like how the lower lot scarezone builds anticipation for Silent Hill instead of just being thrown in there like Reapers was last year.

Witches and Toyz sound like really cool scarezones. I'm just glad Freakz has finally retired. It would be very nice for Witches to be just like the Coven at HHN XX at Orlando, but I'm not holding out for that. I'm sure it will use the same props as Freakz but with Witches thrown in there. :-/

Klownz for a third year...boo. I was hoping to see something new for the NY street. I hope they aren't trying to make this the "staple" of HHN like Ghost Town is with Knott's. HHN needs to get a little more creative here.

klownz works. It scares a lot of people and it makes sense for them to have chainsaws. Tons of people are afraid of clowns. I cant bring myself to be even mildly annoyed that they are back. People love the scare zone every year. Why would universal spend money redesigning something that has worked so well when they are putting so much money into new stuff this year? Financially, it make sense for them. Maybe next year they will change it up a bit.

Toyz and witches on the other hand both sound cool but as a firm believer that a maze or zone is only as good as the actors in it, I am reserving judgement. If the cast is awesome, it usually doesn't matter what they are wearing.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's the atmosphere, not necessarily the clowns. The music and the flames makes this part of HHN just feel like it's a thriving monster. It could honestly be anything, IMO. I think the go-gos should be put on the lower lot one year, just to see what it's like... that'd be nice and different...