The Iniquitus

• 3 weeks later...

Is it just me or did it seem like they were hardly any actors in the streets??.. I saw like 2 warriors, 2 vampires, 1 prisoner, no beasts, & an Iniquitas or few (Mainly at the frong gate.) in every old "Scarezone Area"... Streets blew.. Houses were great, but the streets ruined the event... The street actors I did see were fantastic, dont get me wrong.. But they seemed so understaffed.. If thye cant fix that, I prefer good old scarezones.

I really don't believe that. I am an actor, yes, but I've walked through the streets myself multiple times when B cast is closing and I've always seen plenty of actors, as well as my own time in the Beast zones and whenever we walked through other zones on the way to or from our set.

If you only saw a handful of actors, either something highly unusual happened or you weren't paying attention. Because I can guarantee you that there are actually MORE actors in the streets than in previous years to cover the extra space.

• Like 2

^I'll agree with this. I know that there have been significantly more scareactors cast in the streets this year and it shows. I have been to the event seven times so far and I have never seen the streets empty. There are times where there may be a five minute lapse while the hordes are switching or it may be raining, but other than that, the streets are loaded. I'm glad they added the two additional sets of scareactors and I love the rotation of the five roaming hordes - it adds a fresh atmosfear to the streets. It's also really fun to catch the different hordes in different locations to see where their scare tactics are the best.

• Like 1

Is it just me or did it seem like they were hardly any actors in the streets??.. I saw like 2 warriors, 2 vampires, 1 prisoner, no beasts, & an Iniquitas or few (Mainly at the frong gate.) in every old "Scarezone Area"... Streets blew.. Houses were great, but the streets ruined the event... The street actors I did see were fantastic, dont get me wrong.. But they seemed so understaffed.. If thye cant fix that, I prefer good old scarezones.

I see this on facebook being said all the time, and it depends. Sometimes I find a lot of actors in the street but sometimes I am walking and don't see a single actor. I guess hordes moving from place to place and cast changes happen. but also sometimes the actors get lost in the crowd. sometimes the walking dead zone is so crowded is really hard to tell the zombies from the people and if you are far from that area it would seem like there are not actors. the same thing tends to happen in front of the Mummy and in front of MIB sometimes, there is so much people walking that the actors could be missed by someone not paying attention. The prisoners are impossible to miss because of the noise, and the beasts are kinda hard to miss as well, but the other hordes like the Warriors and the Vampires kinda get lost in the crowds sometimes, I have seen it happen.

I guess the park is getting so crowded now that it is becoming a nightmare to go sometimes, some nights there's so many people you can't even enjoy the streets.

also, the actors are walking a lot more than before, I don't mean from zone to zone, I mean when they are working a street, they have to walk more, they are more spread out so the streets feel empty even though there are a lot of actors working there just because of how much walking they have to do

The exact phrase I was given regarding street actors was "over 200", and over 80 new ones have been hired for the Zombies and Trick r' Treaters. Like I said, something is seriously wrong if you only saw part of the mini horde on a dry night. As in "I never left the candy store at the front gate for 7 hours" wrong. The streets seem less crowded only due to the larger zones and the ability of the actors to roam the entire zone; in previous years, street actors would often be restricted to one particular section of their scarezone. You don't get as many actors in one spot, but you do get a lot of very unique experiences.

I personally enjoy the roaming. I'd probably get bored if I had to see the exact same scenery all night every night, and scare tactics are different depending on where you are.

* MIB has the tent exit that you can sneak up on, the new games at Krustyland, several bars, lockers (though we're technically not supposed to scare there due to the lack of a coordinator there), benches, ledges, and pillars.

* Kidzone has ledges that you can climb all over, bathrooms off to the side, shadowed areas where people try to sneak off to escape the crowd, house queues and a house exit (we can actually go all the way up to Barney, walking along the HoH exit), and a ton of food and beverage stands loaded with unsuspecting guests. A lot of people try to find secluded seats near Spongebob Storepants to eat and drink, where they never expect you to show up.

* Hollywood has a bar, Mel's (both the tables and the windows to the diner itself), the Mel's parking lot where people love to pose in front of the cars, a long street with plenty of space for bounding leaps and jogs, secluded bathrooms under an arch, a bar, some shadowed pathways and seating areas where people try to rest until you leap onto the ledge next to them, heavy fog, and crypts with nooks that you can hide in.

* New York has a huge street that you could probably sprint down unimpeded, sidewalks lined with benches and props, the Mummy lockers and queue, Gramercy Park and the almost deserted side street next to it (always good for scares, since literally nobody expects you to show up behind them there), Sting Alley, the Louie's alley and all the tables outside the restaurant, and the windows and tables to Ben & Jerry. When we do the modified New York for some 2:00 AM nights, we take over South Street along the lagoon from Beetlejuice to the construction site, plus Starbucks, Sting Alley, and the turkey leg truck.

* Central Park has the long, dark, foggy main path with props to hide behind, the Garden of Allah, the lower path with the rocks and hills, and the bottom path running along the lagoon. We can also scare all the way up to the bar just outside the east park entrance.

And you never know when we may walk right into a store or restaurant.

In short, literally any place in these zones except for the inside of bathrooms (the water fountain at the Hollywood bathrooms doesn't count) has the chance of having an actor show up. And we can run around into every single nook and cranny, follow people a hundred yards for the perfect moment to scare, climb on and over ledges and chairs (when the show directors aren't looking), harass people in line for drinks or trying to eat their ice cream, take flying leaps on and off the sidewalk, pretend to drink from water fountains and stare at people who act like it's unusual (sorry....), and all other manner of crazy stuff that makes for good stories.

You must really not pay attention.

• Like 2

The exact phrase I was given regarding street actors was "over 200", and over 80 new ones have been hired for the Zombies and Trick r' Treaters. Like I said, something is seriously wrong if you only saw part of the mini horde on a dry night. As in "I never left the candy store at the front gate for 7 hours" wrong. The streets seem less crowded only due to the larger zones and the ability of the actors to roam the entire zone; in previous years, street actors would often be restricted to one particular section of their scarezone. You don't get as many actors in one spot, but you do get a lot of very unique experiences.

I personally enjoy the roaming. I'd probably get bored if I had to see the exact same scenery all night every night, and scare tactics are different depending on where you are.

* MIB has the tent exit that you can sneak up on, the new games at Krustyland, several bars, lockers (though we're technically not supposed to scare there due to the lack of a coordinator there), benches, ledges, and pillars.

* Kidzone has ledges that you can climb all over, bathrooms off to the side, shadowed areas where people try to sneak off to escape the crowd, house queues and a house exit (we can actually go all the way up to Barney, walking along the HoH exit), and a ton of food and beverage stands loaded with unsuspecting guests. A lot of people try to find secluded seats near Spongebob Storepants to eat and drink, where they never expect you to show up.

* Hollywood has a bar, Mel's (both the tables and the windows to the diner itself), the Mel's parking lot where people love to pose in front of the cars, a long street with plenty of space for bounding leaps and jogs, secluded bathrooms under an arch, a bar, some shadowed pathways and seating areas where people try to rest until you leap onto the ledge next to them, heavy fog, and crypts with nooks that you can hide in.

* New York has a huge street that you could probably sprint down unimpeded, sidewalks lined with benches and props, the Mummy lockers and queue, Gramercy Park and the almost deserted side street next to it (always good for scares, since literally nobody expects you to show up behind them there), Sting Alley, the Louie's alley and all the tables outside the restaurant, and the windows and tables to Ben & Jerry. When we do the modified New York for some 2:00 AM nights, we take over South Street along the lagoon from Beetlejuice to the construction site, plus Starbucks, Sting Alley, and the turkey leg truck.

* Central Park has the long, dark, foggy main path with props to hide behind, the Garden of Allah, the lower path with the rocks and hills, and the bottom path running along the lagoon. We can also scare all the way up to the bar just outside the east park entrance.

And you never know when we may walk right into a store or restaurant.

In short, literally any place in these zones except for the inside of bathrooms (the water fountain at the Hollywood bathrooms doesn't count) has the chance of having an actor show up. And we can run around into every single nook and cranny, follow people a hundred yards for the perfect moment to scare, climb on and over ledges and chairs (when the show directors aren't looking), harass people in line for drinks or trying to eat their ice cream, take flying leaps on and off the sidewalk, pretend to drink from water fountains and stare at people who act like it's unusual (sorry....), and all other manner of crazy stuff that makes for good stories.

You must really not pay attention.

I like the horde idea too but I much prefer a set scarezone. for me 2010 zones and the skoolhouse in 2008 will be the zones that were the best of all my years at HHN. they were just amazing . I love the scarezones in general but those are always my favorite. I still prefer sets decorated according to the theme of the zone and I prefer finding my favorite scarezones in the same place. walking around trying to find the zones gets kind of tedious. specially when you walk from one side of the park all the way to the other side thinking you will find a zone you want to see and they are not there.

I guess a mix between wandering actors but in a set zone would be the best. I love that actors go everywhere now but I still don't really like that they change so much.

but this is all about the decoration of a zone and the walking to find it. the actors in the streets are doing an amazing job. everyone is doing really good.

I always thought Hollywood would have actors in there most of the time but I have passed by Hollywood at least 4-5 times and see it completely empty. I know the hordes move around, I thought this would be one place where they would always scare but there are times when the actors are not here.

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

Unless something goes wrong, there should only be a 3 to 5 minute period where a street doesn't have actors in it. Especially since they've tried to tweak the routes so that the hordes have shorter walks to the zones and move on less crowded paths.

One thing that does occur with the Beasts is "Go out early, come back in early." They encourage us to be ready and at the gate on time by allowing us to go out on set a few minutes early if everyone is prepared, which allows us to return a few minutes early and have a longer break. A problem may arise when the cast waiting to go on isn't ready when the other cast returns early. But again, it's a difference of a few minutes.

I personally loved the streets this year. I doubted them at first but once I got there and experienced them I loved it. With traditional scarezones you get parts of the park that are ALWAYS empty because there's just not much room for a scarezone. The hordes made it much better and enjoyable. I loved just walking around the park and seeing all the actors. I think maybe one or two traditional scare zones would be nice mixed with the hordes.

• Like 1

We did have a problem with Kidzone tonight: because of the crowds, they extended the HoH line up to in front of Spongebob Storepants, which cut off the entire south-southeast slice of the zone (including the bathrooms and in front of the store) from actors. They also cut us off from entering the Animal Actors circle to save it for the Iniquitus, which meant that we'd have a rather small area to work in. To make up for it, the show directors basically threw their hands up and gave official permission to walk right up to the Barney store through the HoH exit.

I may have accidentally scared a group of girls all the way to the parade building. They kinda just disappeared into Barney and I didn't see them leave the exit for about 5 minutes.

• 1 month later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to The Iniquitus