Twenty Penny Circus: Fully Exposed

Mark M.

I was not able to see the show on the final night. but i did get to talk to Tyler, Karl, and the naked mentalist. we chatted and got a picture together.

we asked them about the show and how much work it must have been. they gave a intersting answer.

"Actually, it was no work at all. We love doing the magic and everything. Just playing around and that we are getting payed for playing around with the magic tricks we do. Though now it sucks we have to stop playing and go back to the real world."

So yeah, they said if universal asked them back they would gladly accept. They were only able to do one half of their show. they still have a other half.

They just chose their favorite tricks to do.

• Like 1

I was not able to see the show on the final night. but i did get to talk to Tyler, Karl, and the naked mentalist. we chatted and got a picture together.

we asked them about the show and how much work it must have been. they gave a intersting answer.

"Actually, it was no work at all. We love doing the magic and everything. Just playing around and that we are getting payed for playing around with the magic tricks we do. Though now it sucks we have to stop playing and go back to the real world."

So yeah, they said if universal asked them back they would gladly accept. They were only able to do one half of their show. they still have a other half.

They just chose their favorite tricks to do.

i love these guys so much they are really awesome but if these were their best tricks I'm not sure I want to see the other ones haha :lol:

tricks I liked: stepping on glass, nail trick, coin trick, naked mentalist "sex/eat" guessing game coin trick, the finale. I love love the finale!

tricks I did not like: naked mentalist guessing audience, the staple guns, the breaking the block. the staple guns trick I do not like because you know he is not going to get hit, I don't know how the trick is done but it's just kinda meh, same with the mentalist guessing things from people, don't really like that one.

these guys are awesome. I loved their attitude so much.

tricks I did not like: naked mentalist guessing audience, the staple guns, the breaking the block. the staple guns trick I do not like because you know he is not going to get hit, I don't know how the trick is done but it's just kinda meh, same with the mentalist guessing things from people, don't really like that one.

these guys are awesome. I loved their attitude so much.

I'm gonna let you in on a secret i guess. the staple gun did go off one night on karls hand. the safety was off and Tyler forgot to check. so Karl got a staple in the hand.

How the Trick works:

All staple guns are loaded. The safety is on, because the saftey is on they only fire air. they are all loaded, but he only shows one that is. so that way no matter what gun is left, he switches off the safety and staples the map to the front.

The finale has gone wrong a couple times too. like Tyler won the race one time even though Karl pushed him over. the fault is on the guests that got picked. They barely tied up Tyler and assembled the straight jacket completely wrong. so Karl got stuck in it.

still a good show though

I'm beginning to wonder, was I the only guy that found Penny to be really annoying? The tricks were generic, yes, but the jokes that she said through the show sounded forced and got really stupid after a bit. Like, that one part where she would get all happy and yell when Karl kept saying the word "head", that was a big eye - roller for me. I know it was supposed to come off this way, but Penny just came off as desperate with the overload of sex jokes. I'm fine with sex jokes, but it got old really quickly when it seemed she was trying to hard. Don't get me wrong, the Woman is a great actress (is she the one who plays The Bride of Frankenstein's Monster in the Beetlejuice show during the day? ) but I just don't think that she was good in THIS particular role. Anyone else?

I'm beginning to wonder, was I the only guy that found Penny to be really annoying? The tricks were generic, yes, but the jokes that she said through the show sounded forced and got really stupid after a bit. Like, that one part where she would get all happy and yell when Karl kept saying the word "head", that was a big eye - roller for me. I know it was supposed to come off this way, but Penny just came off as desperate with the overload of sex jokes. I'm fine with sex jokes, but it got old really quickly when it seemed she was trying to hard. Don't get me wrong, the Woman is a great actress (is she the one who plays The Bride of Frankenstein's Monster in the Beetlejuice show during the day? ) but I just don't think that she was good in THIS particular role. Anyone else?

Penny are not with Karl and Tyler. Penny works for Universal. The naked mentalist is a fellow magician that are good friends with Tyler and Karl.

Penny are not with Karl and Tyler. Penny works for Universal. The naked mentalist is a fellow magician that are good friends with Tyler and Karl.

Well, yes I know Penny doesn't work with them, but I was mainly talking about her jokes in the show.

I'm gonna let you in on a secret i guess. the staple gun did go off one night on karls hand. the safety was off and Tyler forgot to check. so Karl got a staple in the hand.

How the Trick works:

All staple guns are loaded. The safety is on, because the saftey is on they only fire air. they are all loaded, but he only shows one that is. so that way no matter what gun is left, he switches off the safety and staples the map to the front.

The finale has gone wrong a couple times too. like Tyler won the race one time even though Karl pushed him over. the fault is on the guests that got picked. They barely tied up Tyler and assembled the straight jacket completely wrong. so Karl got stuck in it.

still a good show though

the stable gun trick how it works as well

99% of staple guns have a built in saftey where you have to push it down onto something for it to go off, for the reason of you cant just shoot it wildly....thats why he always left space between the other guys head (sorry i dont know his name) and other body parts (except for one night which he apprantly did staple his hand...but that also explains why he was able to staple the picture to the front

yes sir, you are the only one lol :lol: Penny was amazing and she was the only reason I did the show so many times, Like I said the tricks for me were not that great so it was the two guys and Penny that made this show good and the reason I saw it 4 times

Penny :wub:

I'm beginning to wonder, was I the only guy that found Penny to be really annoying?

Well, I'm female, so my opinion doesn't entirely count. But my dad, a male friend and a male cousin said the same thing. It just seemed like she was too over the top in this character--if she had toned it down a couple of notches, it could have been really good. I was glad to hear that she's not normally with 20 Penny. I have a friend who hangs out with the 20 Penny guys sometimes, and she says their regular show is actually pretty refined and a lot better than what they did at Universal. So I'm curious to see it sometime. This definitely wasn't a must-do for me, but I enjoyed it overall.

• Like 1

How the Trick works:

still a good show though

the stable gun trick how it works as well

99% of staple guns have a built in saftey where you have to push it down onto something for it to go off, for the reason of you cant just shoot it wildly....thats why he always left space between the other guys head (sorry i dont know his name) and other body parts (except for one night which he apprantly did staple his hand...but that also explains why he was able to staple the picture to the front

well see I had no idea about the safety thing but even without knowing I could tell he would not get hit, which makes the trick lame and very tedious, it takes a lot of time and the payoff is not there, it is not a clever trick or interesting because I just knew he was not in real danger,

While it does suck that he got hurt for real, I wish they didn't do that trick because they could have done something better, and when I read that might be one of their best tricks that doesn't sound good.

I am not criticizing them of course but the trick itself, it is just not really cool because I kinda knew.

is funny but Brian Brushwood had some better tricks, I Love these guys much much more than I did him, but I have to admit his tricks were better.

I know lol, I was not sure since he kept moving all the way until it got cut, I kept thinking... How? How is that done??? then I searched and found it :lol:

whats funny is i have seen when the trick went wrong. the blade came down but did not push him down, so he had to lay still. they still pulled the dollar out of the basket. the lights went out right after that. the workers freaked out while Tyler was calm as could be. Karl was fine.

Of course your opinion matters, everyone's does. Glad I'm not alone on this one. Did you see the show? If so, what did YOU think of Penny? The show as well?

I did see the show a few times. I liked it, but I didn't love it. I found Penny a bit eye roll-inducing...most of her material was okay to pretty good, but her delivery was So. Freaking. Deliberate. My thoughts: Stop over-enunciating, speak at a normal pace rather than slowing it down unnaturally, relax a little and trust the audience to follow along.

I thought the rest of the show was pretty good. The tricks were fairly standard/easy to figure out, but I really liked both Tyler and Carl. Their presentation was a lot more natural than Penny's, and it looked like they had a good partnership.

• Like 1